What exactly does Necromatic Aegis actually effect?

"All bonuses from your shield apply to your minions instead of to you"

Doesn't exactly tell you if it's talking about stats/effects on shields, armor, chance to block, etc., etc.

Since you don't have much of any information on your minions it really is guessing and reading through the forum threads that have been commented on such as energy shield/life regen working but not showing results on minions in real time (would have to log in and test if that was changed or not yet though)

There's still many effects and abilities on shields that leave you wondering if they actually help it.

Chance to block "apparently" does nothing to minions for example?

Evasion rating the same?

Effects like x-y lightning damage?

Could go on and on with random effects, but you get the idea.

It's just hard to make heads or tails of the skill.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It should include block, defences, implicit mods, and explicit mods.

So arm-guards will provide attack speed to your minions.

Added fire damage, should add fire damage to their attacks.

If blocks are not working (you seem to suggest they aren't), that would be a bug.

As Qarl said, it should include everything. Not all those stats will have an effect on all minions - a shield providing a bonus to spell damage will only affect minions which cast spells (certain spectral or dominated enemies, but not zombies).

Blocking should be working, but I can think of one possible reason why it currently might not, which I will investigate sometime soon, just in case.

But anything the shield would usually grant you, should be granted to minions, and the only cases where stats won't have an effect should be fairly obvious, such as the example above of spell-specific stats doing nothing for non-spellcaster minions.

As you point out, some stats don't serialise to the client correctly - those affecting the levels of life/mana/ES. But they are in effect on the server, which handles all the calculations. An upcoming stat refactor will hopefuly allow us to get these working on clients correctly.
If I cast tempest shield, who gets the 10% block?
"
faerwin wrote:
If I cast tempest shield, who gets the 10% block?

Currently, the 10% block does not pass to your Minions, and because you have no shield block, you don't get the 10% either.

What I really would like to have happen, is that if you cast Tempest Shield, and you have Necromantic Aegis, then your minions all get the effect.

There are a few code difficulties with it, and even if we implemented, we'd have to see how abusive it was before deciding to release into beta.

Do focuses (foci?) and staves count as shields for this?
Foci do but not staves.
Nice to know about the armguards. Was going to ask if it only worked off of shields, and if not what was the limitations such as armguards, quivers, and other stuff you can put in your offhand, heh.

But yeah, that's a lot of information that cleared up a lot of stuff.

Also contradicted some other threads you can find in the forums so nice to know.

Last edited by zellmer on Feb 17, 2012, 7:12:50 PM
It seems there's a bug.
Only the last minion summoned (or first one, not sure) will benefit completely from the shield.

Unavailable

I use this armguard with shield and HP regen.
When I cast a zombie, he spawns with a shield, the second one will also have a shield.

Now, if both take damage, only one will regen his HP and shield.

edit:
not sure how to reproduce the bug actually...
I tried to summon one zombie, one spectre, then another zombie.
One zombie died, the 2 other minions' shield weren't regenerating after a minute. I summoned another zombie, then they both had a shield.
Now after another fight, I think the last zombie doesn't still have a shield, but the spectre has his shield and is regenerating his HP.

edit2:
another fight later, the spectre lost his shield, but zombies renegated some HP!!
I think HP regen and shield are only active when they attack.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Feb 18, 2012, 10:27:38 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
That's actually the bug regarding the client's processing of data with minions. They're regening, your client just isn't aware of it until their health updates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info