What exactly does Necromatic Aegis actually effect?

If you combine Necromantic Aegis and Minion Instability, would a shield with +Fire damage increase the damage of the explosion?
"
kidshazam wrote:
If you combine Necromantic Aegis and Minion Instability, would a shield with +Fire damage increase the damage of the explosion?
Currently no, because the explosion isn't actually calculated and dealt as damage - we can't do that yet. When that's changed, it will.
In regards to stats like block recovery, block chance, increased ES from shield, block chance applied to spells, etc., are the bonuses for those nodes applied to shield and then passed to minion? Or are your shield stats passed to minion first, and the nodes do nothing since it cant 'find' any bonuses to increase?
"
Boruko wrote:
In regards to stats like block recovery, block chance, increased ES from shield, block chance applied to spells, etc., are the bonuses for those nodes applied to shield and then passed to minion? Or are your shield stats passed to minion first, and the nodes do nothing since it cant 'find' any bonuses to increase?
technically neither, but it ends up like the second situation.

If your character has passives which increase the effect you get from shields, then you character gets those increases from a shield. Those stats are not applied to a shield, they apply to you and modify what a shield gives you.

Your minions are not you and do not have those passives. As such, they have nothing which increases what they get from a shield, and thus get the base values.

So if you take those passives and necromantic aegis, then you character has stats to increase the defenses they get from having a shield, but never gets a shield, while you're minions don't have any such stats, but do get a shield.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Your minions are not you and do not have those passives.

You should probably get used to saying this a lot, haha. It seems like a point of confusion for most people using minions.
I understand that the minions do not have passives, my confusion was whether the passives increased the bonus you received from the shield or increased the bonuses of the shield itself.

Most of them are worded clearly, the one I was really asking about was Shield Block chance. Other bonuses imply they modify what you receive in the way they are worded(armor from shield, ES from shield) in the same way that you know that weapon damage increases the damage you deal with the weapon, not the weapon itself(with daggers, with bows, etc). Sheild block chance was worded differently, just wondered if that meant it was calculated differently too.

I didn't think that one stat would be calculated differently then all the rest, but I thought it may have been intentional specifically for Necromantic Aegis. Thanks for the clarification though. ^_^
Last edited by Boruko on Feb 20, 2012, 7:34:34 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Boruko wrote:
technically neither, but it ends up like the second situation.

If your character has passives which increase the effect you get from shields, then you character gets those increases from a shield. Those stats are not applied to a shield, they apply to you and modify what a shield gives you.

Your minions are not you and do not have those passives. As such, they have nothing which increases what they get from a shield, and thus get the base values.

So if you take those passives and necromantic aegis, then you character has stats to increase the defenses they get from having a shield, but never gets a shield, while you're minions don't have any such stats, but do get a shield.

With the lackluster implementation of minions and their only use as kamikaze bombs thus far, I think this passive could use a buff somewhat. I don't see minion survivability at this junction a serious issue, maybe when they get retuned.
-Meteoric Destiny!
Do the minions get the extra Energy Shield provided by passives like "increased Energy Shield from equipped Shield" and "increased maximum Energy Shield", applied to the ES on the shield?
It's posted a few posts up by a dev. No, you have no shield, so you don't get extra energy shield from it, and your minions don't have that passive, you do.
Do you still retain Item rarity and quantity mods on a shield while using necromantic aegis?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info