Trade-Posts ingame : How they could look like (with Screenshots)

Solid idea. GGG are working on better trade systems. Perhaps they can incorporate something like this.
RIP Bolto
Pretty good ideas and nice concept pictures.
I'm all for it.
Very good work, +1 OP.
BM 2H Big Physical Bigger AoE Ground Slam guide [1.3 Torment] - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174531
you put a lot of work into this too-- well worth it. I like the way it looks!
I double your bid.

IGN:paranoidcoder
Wow, great idea. Simple but effective.
"
bobbehthps wrote:
"
antwashere wrote:
"
TurnerMier wrote:
Please tell me why you guys think this would be a good idea..

First of all, imagine 200,000 trade post in that thing... "refining your results" lets you see 20 postings per page....

That would be very very inconvenient.

There should be a website Auction House based system, not some silly tab on the noticeboard.

This guy has a point. People are just going to stand around in town and spam the noticeboard so their trade post is ontop.

The all time peak amount of players was, what, 50k? I think average at one time is less than ten thousand, and a very small percent of those will be trying to sell items through a trading post at any given time. I think this simply wouldn't work without the seller being at the very least online in game for the post to be up. I think even 100 trading posts at a time is probably a stretch. There just won't be that many at once.

I don't see how spamming the noticeboard would even be possible... It's in alphabetical order and each person would only have one.

I don't see how this isn't a good idea. It might need a tiny bit of refining but it's absolutely no doubt better than the forum, and arguably better than an auction house (which IIRC GGG are not only against, they don't have the resources to implement).

I don't think 100 trading posts is a stretch, seems to me that there's about that many sellers right now here on the forums bumping their threads.

Sorting the trading posts alphabetically would be a bad idea, because you don't know if the seller wrote "Armor/ES rare chest" or "ES/armor rare chest", or "Rare armor/ES chest". People would end up writing "[AAA] Selling gems" or something similiar just so they would get to the top.

But don't get me wrong, I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. I'm just pointing out the flaws that everybody seemed to have missed.
Yes please!
Really good idea seems like you have thought it out.

Hope they end up adding something like this.
"
antwashere wrote:
"
bobbehthps wrote:
"
antwashere wrote:

I don't think 100 trading posts is a stretch, seems to me that there's about that many sellers right now here on the forums bumping their threads.

Sorting the trading posts alphabetically would be a bad idea, because you don't know if the seller wrote "Armor/ES rare chest" or "ES/armor rare chest", or "Rare armor/ES chest". People would end up writing "[AAA] Selling gems" or something similiar just so they would get to the top.

But don't get me wrong, I didn't say it wasn't a good idea. I'm just pointing out the flaws that everybody seemed to have missed.

True, true. It takes 120 people bumping a topic to put yours 4 pages back, and I don't think all these people are online (on the game) at the same time as bumping their threads. Not only that, we'll be getting trading over the site before long, too. Between trade chat, trading posts, and the forums I think the number of posts on the board at one time will be a far cry from "200,000".

I do agree that it will be probably a little tedious to sort through. I don't think sorting by difficulty or level is a good solution... and I can't really think of any other decent way to sort it. Maybe just cap the number and randomly split it like trade and general chat? I mean you don't get to see all the shops at once but you're not seeing all the trade chat posts or all the forum posts. It probably wouldn't be hard to switch instances a few times to see the other trade-post "channels". Again, maybe a little tedious but definitely better than what we have.
Last edited by bobbehthps on Feb 26, 2013, 12:12:46 AM
+1 great idea!

One importand thing for me is that you can stay in the window/tab which you designed and can use it for the trade. The most anoying thing of the trading as it is now is to travel in game and need to make a party. So in this case you dont have to do that anymore and this way it is becoming enjoyable rather then something i dont like to use.

Again great idea thnx.
Also: i hope it works the same as the party creating window. So when a player exits game, the trade is gone also. This way its not an auctionhouse but more of an ingame trade window.
Last edited by Patsboem on Feb 26, 2013, 1:41:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info