Trade-Posts ingame : How they could look like (with Screenshots)

Great idea +1
Looks great! This is a much better way of doing it!
+1 GGG pls
"
phury wrote:
shit idea, fuckin pussies go play WoW

Don't like it? Try explaining why, preferably without unnecessary profanity or insults.

Or, you know, fuck off and crawl back into the hole you came out of.
Playing: BetterInTheDark (S), CrossPurposes (T), DeathOnTheRoad (D), DevilAndDaughter (W), HardAsIron (M), IfYouWantBlood (M), PutTheFingerOnYou (W).
Fairly rarely am I impressed with in-game suggestions made by the fan base usually cause they consist of a whine-a-thon.

This however is absolutely spot on and useful. The one major thing I'd mention, that you left out is.

For anyone who has used the Forums as a resort to buy/sell/trade, you make a post and within ten minutes it's 3-4 pages back requiring a bump in a short period of time just so you can have a small selection of players take a peak.
Great idea. Devs need to take note of this!!!
IGN: cThief
PoE URL Shrinker: http://poeurl.com/
"
TurnerMier wrote:
Please tell me why you guys think this would be a good idea..

First of all, imagine 200,000 trade post in that thing... "refining your results" lets you see 20 postings per page....

That would be very very inconvenient.

There should be a website Auction House based system, not some silly tab on the noticeboard.

This guy has a point. People are just going to stand around in town and spam the noticeboard so their trade post is ontop.
Definitely an awesome idea, probably needs a search function though like some others have said or else it might be quite difficult to find things!
Great Idea!
"
antwashere wrote:
"
TurnerMier wrote:
Please tell me why you guys think this would be a good idea..

First of all, imagine 200,000 trade post in that thing... "refining your results" lets you see 20 postings per page....

That would be very very inconvenient.

There should be a website Auction House based system, not some silly tab on the noticeboard.

This guy has a point. People are just going to stand around in town and spam the noticeboard so their trade post is ontop.

The all time peak amount of players was, what, 50k? I think average at one time is less than ten thousand, and a very small percent of those will be trying to sell items through a trading post at any given time. I think this simply wouldn't work without the seller being at the very least online in game for the post to be up. I think even 100 trading posts at a time is probably a stretch. There just won't be that many at once.

I don't see how spamming the noticeboard would even be possible... It's in alphabetical order and each person would only have one.

I don't see how this isn't a good idea. It might need a tiny bit of refining but it's absolutely no doubt better than the forum, and arguably better than an auction house (which IIRC GGG are not only against, they don't have the resources to implement).
Last edited by bobbehthps on Feb 25, 2013, 10:34:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info