[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

Is enough. If you want to be sure just put increased crit strike chance instead of life gain on hit. On tooltip the crit chance increases from 6% to 16%.
What about your hit chance on cyclone? I've run some things through Path of Building, and it shows hit chance for this build to only be 60% on cyclone.

I know cyclone rolls crit chance per spin and I assume it applies it to both hits in one spin.

Let's assume generous hit chance of 80% (which I doubt we can get).

Base Chance to crit = 6%

This means that chance to crit with cyclone is 2 x 1,4 x 0,8 x 0,06 = 13%.

So if you split that by seconds, chance that you haven't crit in 1st second is 87%, after 2nd second it's 76% and so on up to 8s when the cumulative chance that you still haven't crit is 33%. Which is quite high.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
87% 76% 66% 57% 50% 43% 38% 33%

If we consider adding Increased crit chance, then our crit chance is ~ 16%. Meaning that chance to crit with cyclone should be 2 x 1,4 x 0,8 x 0,16 = 36%. So chance we didn't crit is 64%.

Again, split by seconds:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
64% 41% 26% 17% 11% 7% 4% 3%

This looks much more reliable to proc EO.

I guess I'll have to test thsi tonight on std and see how it feels without and with inc crit chance support.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jul 3, 2017, 12:53:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEfjgVrA3Mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gly6uxrVz14

You can see the uptime for EO done with cyclone + increased crit. Also see curse applied.
I don't have a problem with EO or with curse being applied or with uptime. I got a problem that they are worthy only vs bosses, as on trash mobs I don't get to hit any as they are dead till i get to hit.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jul 3, 2017, 1:18:45 PM
Thanks. EO indeed looks nice, probably would have some downtime without inc crit strikes.

I think I'll give your setup a try on std and roll it in 3.0 HC.

demi's build is quite weaker.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
Well fuck GGG, I think I'm skipping 3.0

50% of max life/es as damage down to 40%, 40% more spell damage -> 20% more spell damage at level 1
We will have to wait and see what shit can evolve from GGG brains. Maybe the damage will scale back to 50% with level of gem, who knows. The more of burning damage is compensating for any nerf like this. 40% down from 50% is 20% less, or let's put it like this, you need a 25% more to those 40% to make up for the loss in damage. To compensate 70% increasing burning damage going to more damage you need 10-15% more damage. So if in the end a full level burning damage will have at least 35-40% more damage we are in the same situation like now damage wise.
As I said we have to wait and see. They are doing countless changes in 3.0 and the big problem is that we have to pay to test for them a shity update that is not ready. Good bussines model for them but bad for us.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jul 4, 2017, 6:27:51 AM
Few comments after testing your build today on Std, even though I don't have much dmg on jewelers, triple dmg ones (even double) are very expensive

- it melts bosses. Absolutely wrecks them with scorching ray
- inc critical strikes imo is necessary on cyclone as my hit chance is 64% and with base 6% crit chance by the time you proc EO, the pack is dead. With inc crit, it feelts much smoother.
- why not use
instead of
? Vengeance seems to apply the curse in much wider arc and faster (procs more often, 30% vs 25%). I understand with Rumi the Reckoning is better but for trash mobs Vengeance seems better
- After a year of shield dashing it feels wierd not to have that skill. It's all ok while you have another pack near by but when you need to run over the map it feels very slow

Other than that, very nice setup. DPS boost going from Belly to this is noticable.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jul 4, 2017, 4:35:32 PM
Thanks for the comments. I got both
. One is maxed the other one still leveling. Not made up my mind which one is better. I still have to study the mechanics and area of each one.

About shield charge, i have tried it but i really don't like it. I bump in all kind of obstacles and my play style is to run and pick all the shit that drops, so I don't really care how fast I move. Cyclone I am using it only rarely, in rest of time I just pick drops and mobs die while coming to me. A good thing about cyclone is that you can not be stuned while cycloning and also you can pass thru mobs and things like the circle of ice clones made by colosseum boss map (forgot it's name). So if I am stuck I can evade with it.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jul 4, 2017, 6:48:17 PM
Is chieftain still the best option now that Ngamahu, Flames advance is "With Hits and Ailments" instead of just burning enemies?
I saw the whole discussion and some players say it is not working even now as it is. Imo 35% increased damage on this build does not matter so much (is about 5% of final damage). So yeah will still play chieftain RF. The main advantages are the big life pool and very good life regeneration. As damage scales with life, getting more life will increase also the damage (and as for each 2 strength = 1 life the chieftain gets lot of life also from here).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info