Donald Trump and US politics

I want an end to automatically granting citizenship to those born in the US.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
A comic strip artist explains Trump's negotiating strategy:

"
I Explain the Persuasion Techniques President Trump is using on The Wall and DACA

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/165334092961/i-explain-the-persuasion-techniques-president

For my part, I know President Trump is results-oriented, so I trust him to get us where we need to be, or as close to it as he realistically can. =^[.]^=

ETA: From that bastion of the Alt-Right, CNBC:

"
The party's over: Republicans and Democrats are both finished

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/14/trumps-new-reality-republicans-and-democrats-are-both-finished.html

"
Stick a fork in the Democrats and Republicans.

Wednesday night's latest round of deal making between President Donald Trump and Democratic congressional leaders is the latest evidence that the major political parties have lost all semblance of real power.

Never before have we seen the leadership of both major political parties so humbled. That power vacuum is currently enabling the president to act without any loyalty to his own party, while working with whomever he pleases on whatever issues he wants.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Sep 17, 2017, 3:00:22 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Stick a fork in the Democrats and Republicans.

Wednesday night's latest round of deal making between President Donald Trump and Democratic congressional leaders is the latest evidence that the major political parties have lost all semblance of real power.

Never before have we seen the leadership of both major political parties so humbled. That power vacuum is currently enabling the president to act without any loyalty to his own party, while working with whomever he pleases on whatever issues he wants.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Most of the left doesn't understand that whining will get them nowhere.

The Alt-Right has gone on a vicious and successful campaign of propaganda attacks, and the left is completely lacking in equally potent reprisals.

More stuff like this ^^, and less crying about Trump being a racist and all his supporters being nazis, and nazi sympathizers.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 17, 2017, 9:50:04 PM
I am a civic nationalist though.

But I get it, Styx is way too committed to the 4D chess nonsense. Agreed there.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 17, 2017, 11:17:37 PM
Walls work, just ask the Israelis, or more recently, the Hungarians:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/09/16/hungary-builds-a-wall-cuts-illegal-immigration-by-over-99-per-cent/

"

Hungary has slashed illegal immigration by over 99 per cent after rolling out a series of powerful border fences in response to the European migrant crisis, possibly providing a lesson as to the potential impact of constructing President Trump’s much-discussed southern wall in the U.S.

Speaking on the second anniversary of the government’s move to seal Hungary’s border with Serbia — which is also an external border for the European Union — Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s Chief Security Advisor, György Bakondi, announced that the fences have caused illegal immigration to collapse from 391,000 in 2015, to 18,236 in 2016, to just 1,184 in 2017.

“The system of technical barriers is the key to the success of border security, and without it, it would be impossible to stop the mass arrival of immigrants”, the security chief explained.

I like Viktor Orban. I'd trade Trump for a Viktor Orban or a Vladimir Putin in a freaking second. Those are real men who don't have small hands like Trump does.

My political dream team would be President Vlad, with Vik as VP, and Rody in charge of the border patrol. And 'Rocket Man' as defense secretary. LOL. Nobody would fuck with the USA. Think of it kinda like fantasy football, just politics instead.

Hey Liberals!? What's your political dream team? Has to be people who're currently alive. Sorry to say, no Mao, Stalin, Che, Fidel Castro (His brother Raul is a legit choice though), Marx, Hugo Chavez, Nelson Mandela, etc. 'Rocket Man' is mine though, you can't have him.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 18, 2017, 12:15:20 PM
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
I don't have a side. But I do know the difference between right and wrong.

Then please tell us if it is right or wrong for someone who is DACA and 33 years old and had been an adult in the United State for many years to not seek citizenship during that time?

Follow up question - is it right or wrong for the "dreamer" to refuse to seek citizenship if someone lines up an immigration lawyer for them, offers to pay all the costs and sign on as a sponsor - because "the paperwork is too much hassle", and "I would end up having to pay for a lot of things I get for free now."?

This isn't a hypothetical - it is a real world scenario
Spoiler
The people I know IRL going through this say they know many others who do the same thing besides their own family and friends
- five people whose legal citizen family and friends are furious at them for intentionally rejecting the path of citizenship for years. One of them states he would be "less Mexican" if he became a citizen. Another claims she would "lose her culture", and all five believe it would cost them more to be citizens.

It put them in higher risk of deportation when all their personal information are known. They aren't applying for citizenship, they are probably undergoing a long and tedious process of a low possibility of getting a green card. It is possible for DACA to obtain a green card through some legal loopholes. DACA is a Backdoor shenanigan to Get Green Cards through advance parole to obtain a legal entry to waive their unlawful entry. Green-card holders are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship, not illegal immigrants.

They have a very high possibility of getting a green card, and eventually citizenship. Their family members who have gone through the process (several of them) have had no problems.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I want an end to automatically granting citizenship to those born in the US.

That would take a Constitutional amendment, or a dramatic shift in interpretation.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

They have a very high possibility of getting a green card, and eventually citizenship. Their family members who have gone through the process (several of them) have had no problems.

That is only possible under Obama and his Advance Parole exploit, Trump closed that loophole. Unless they already obtain a legal lawful entry status before that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info