Developer Interview - Andrew - Sound Engineer

Thank you plz fix the annoying repeat of that air/wind in The Climb, etc. Excited for the ambiance redo and sound!
- I am a loot whore
Great interview. I think audio is one of the things in games that is very underappreciated. A lot of work goes into it and I wonder how many people actually think about it.
ACTON'S NIGHTMARE MUSIC IS MY FAVORITE MUSIC IN THE GAME I LOVE YOU SO MUCH ALREADY
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
MVP
for low end players :DD sound is sometimes our last hope to dodge bosses skils
I always tell people to turn up the music in Acton's Nightmare. The eerie feeling it gives to the map is awesome!
Big shout out to Andrew: the audio design in Path of Exile is the best I have encountered in any game, ever. The amount of information it conveys is staggering.
I always loved the sounds and music of this game and from time to time I just like to marvel at the sound improvements of the latest update, so I turn music and ambient sounds all the way up while keeping the rest lower since I don't want to be screamed at by zana f.e.

My favourite songs in the game are obviously Acton's Nightmare on the one hand, on the other though there is the Forest Encampment Theme. I really like that you hear it again in Vaal Ruins after a minute or so. Also moments, when you first hear some new animal sounds in the forest, battle cries in the battlefront, screams at lunaris (horrifying).

Sound in poe really is incredible and I can't wait for the new improvements, which are sounding kinda awesome. Sounds that change in an area based on where you are. Like when you find the pyramid in the caverns, or maps with changing environment.

Thanks a lot for the amazing work. Have a great day. Well, evening by now.
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
This game actually has a sound designer? The sound is the worst part of the game. Even big hits sound like you throw cotton balls.
"
I'd like to know how come 5 years passed and there's still no sound for looting and putting flasks in the inventory? Kappa.

^this
iirc there was a thread somewhere in the forum about that issue and at the time it was related to a technical issue with the (sound?) engine. Surprisingly hard to fix.
I thought it would have been fixed with the new Fmod engine/middleware. It may be somewhere on the "to-do-list".

I was also wondering if we'll ever have different footstep sound effects depending on the floor/ground surface?

Anyway. The sound in the game is really enjoyable and it's a pleasure to discover the improvements over time (that distant blast sound effect when Discharge was very popular, etc.).

Great work !
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
It is a nice interview, but I dont get any knowledge from that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info