Developer Interview - Andrew - Sound Engineer

Love the ambient beach sounds in my Coastal hideout. Thanks Andrew!
Nice. Always enjoy staff interviews.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
ya i got to say the sound in this game is extremely good, I feel like theres a lot of instances where the sound alone carries certain skills and makes them feel awesome. 10/10.
Great interview. :)
Dear Mr. Sound Guy,

The sound that plays when you 6-Link your first item, the achievement sound, can you make it so that always plays on 6-Link?

Would really add to the feeling of 6L'ing.

Also, is it possible for you give us 'default drop sound' options for the loot filter?

I like the way normal currency drops sound, but sometimes it is too quiet in comparison to some of the custom lootfilter sounds.

Thanks.
fire this guy and hire a performance guy if he takes ur recources , jokes by side please get better performance i just bought the gloom herald of ice effect and it fucking kills my pc it cant be that extra mtx make the game unplayable eventhough they cost absurd money and my pc is good enogh not a 5k€ pc but in the 2k€+
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Oct 3, 2016, 11:21:22 PM
SOUNDS good! Bazinga!
Saved
One of the best things in this game is the audio, props to you and the team
"
What can Path of Exile players look forward to in terms of sound design in upcoming content?

Something I'm fairly excited about is improving the ambient tracks of the entire game. Some recently implemented tech will allow us to create ambiences that aren't just a static repeating stereo track, but a multi-layered event that changes depending on the environment around you.

That sounds INCREDIBLE!

I've always had these sensations in ARPGs where I go into an area and listen to only the ambient track and feel like there was a sound I've never heard before. However, then I would hear the next part and realize it was a loop.

Ever since I started noticing this I've wanted some sort of randomly-generated ambient track system in PoE to go with the other randomly-generated features synonymous with the game, and the genre as a whole.

This is honestly one of the things I've always wished for but never thought it would happen in any ARPG. You have my excitement!
Last edited by Nicksiren on Oct 3, 2016, 11:55:51 PM
Thanks for all the work with the sound engineering aspect of PoE.

Something that I have always appreciated is the quick fixing of reported issues. Such as when audio sounds are too loud or repetitive. For example, the Valentine's heart beating sound was way too loud and frequent when initially released. That got adjusted quickly.

The only complaint is Navali. She talks too much, too often. Talking to her then having to quickly talk to a nearby NPC to silence her is too much. I would like a toggle for her in the Sound options so I don't have to hear her at all.

IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info