[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

As a HC character I have some inquiries about my build.

1) Can life based flameblast totems really be succesful? I have now 6.2k life on lvl85 and could have more since didn't take life from Oak and have taken some dmg nodes over life so far. I guess something like 7k is obtainable before lvl90.

2) Why there is no discussion about excellent Kaom's Roots Titan Greaves? My argument is that movement speed doesn't matter if u use whirling blade to move. Played now 10h+ with Roots and don't have lot desire for better ms. Whirling everywhere is just enought.
They give huge +200 life as a perfect and unwavering stance which life based build just need since can't have kaom's heart for this build. Cannot be slowed (cant even be frosted or Temporal chained!) or stunned is a huge plus for almost for free using another way to move around. Don't have extra sockets but I think everything is just fittable. Running Clarity+enfeeble blashpemy+Arctic Armour. Something might be changable in that setup.

3) Do u think I could make something better in skill tree? Going to take Oak's +30 life soon. Build is kinda self adjusted. I'm thinking for aiming Tukohama's shield BUT if can somehow get Skyforth actually thinking to move ES build.

4) Not sure about my CwDT setup. lvl 6 + lvl13 Molten Shell + lvl 8 immortal call. Do u think I should go different setup or even higher with CwDT since Molten Shell is sweet. Tried Tempest Shield but it doesn't do enough.

5) Trying to solve should get more ES or more armour. Feeling that armour instead of ES is way to go.

Running now Tier 6-10 maps. Very nice clear speed and feels safe. Will have problems with higher maps since damage from totems will be lesser. Definetely aiming for augury of Penitence in uber lab near future.
Last edited by Possu81 on Mar 9, 2017, 8:25:54 AM
He guys I just hit merciless and was wondering if you guys could give some suggestions on gear.

I know my resistances need work but I don't know what to give up
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DamagePlanX/characters

Edit:
I've got no problem with dealing damage. I plan on going CI
Life: 1.5k
ES: 950
Merc Resistances -
Fire Res: 73%
Cold Res: 20%
Lightning Res: 5%
Choas Res: -48%
Last edited by DamagePlanX on Mar 9, 2017, 9:06:30 AM
"
absolutegen wrote:
"
zsniperz wrote:
I wont be able to test this until tonight but does anyone know if power charges gained from skyforths apply to the totem or the character? Wondering if this make a different at all.

First time playing a totem build myself but I am fairly certain they apply the same as power charge on crit would, to your character.

Bad news.. I tested last night with skyforths and power charge on critical strike with FB totems does not proc for my character.
"Level 68: CI time! You can make the swap earlier but this is probably about where most people will be comfortable doing so. The swap will take about 15 respec points"

lol. SO wrong..
"
zsniperz wrote:
"
absolutegen wrote:
"
zsniperz wrote:
I wont be able to test this until tonight but does anyone know if power charges gained from skyforths apply to the totem or the character? Wondering if this make a different at all.

First time playing a totem build myself but I am fairly certain they apply the same as power charge on crit would, to your character.

Bad news.. I tested last night with skyforths and power charge on critical strike with FB totems does not proc for my character.

Did you try using Orb of Storms and see if it procs with that? Totems may not proc it since you are not casting FB but orb of storms should still I would assume.
If that works you may be able to work it out where orb of storms procs 2 curses. That might be sexy but would cost atleast 4 skill points or a lucky amulet.
Last edited by Millennium on Mar 9, 2017, 11:16:16 AM
"
absolutegen wrote:
"
daggers with cast speed? looked on poe.trade just for cast speed, nothing else. doesnt exist. googled it. daggers with cast speed doesnt exist. why do you write it down here? o.o

Daggers with cast speed most certainly do exist... Cast speed is not an innate stat it is a rolled suffix

Noob here. When you say it's not an innate stat does that mean it can't be found on a dropped item? Can you only get it via essences of misery? Or does "rolled suffix" mean it can be rolled on a found item?
"

"
Did you try using Orb of Storms and see if it procs with that? Totems may not proc it since you are not casting FB but orb of storms should still I would assume.

I havent tried that but I will remove power charge gem and try tonight. If it works what would be the best two curses to run? Temp chains + enfeeble?
Last edited by zsniperz on Mar 9, 2017, 11:30:00 AM
"
oobs56 wrote:
"
absolutegen wrote:
"
daggers with cast speed? looked on poe.trade just for cast speed, nothing else. doesnt exist. googled it. daggers with cast speed doesnt exist. why do you write it down here? o.o

Daggers with cast speed most certainly do exist... Cast speed is not an innate stat it is a rolled suffix

Noob here. When you say it's not an innate stat does that mean it can't be found on a dropped item? Can you only get it via essences of misery? Or does "rolled suffix" mean it can be rolled on a found item?

Innate meaning that its a natural stat on that item also known as an "Implicit Modifier". For daggers they all have Global Critical Strike Chance every time they drop.

A blue or Yellow dagger can drop with Cast Speed on it as a suffix stat or be rolled with an essence of misery or randomly with a chaos / chance / regal.

I assumed Khazicx was looking for daggers with cast speed as their Implicit Modifier which do not exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info