Crafting system

You can make a crafting system , this will help on keeping some items even if they are
useless.And will provide unique and one of a kind items on players!!
Hi friend
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
King wrote:
provide unique and one of a kind items on players!!

If so this would be the first game ever to achieve that.

But I did enjoy crafting in my Ultima days, though.
Item crafting is very fun in every game. That sense of satisfaction when you make a powerfull weapon. Hope to see it in this game. :)
Peace and prosperity for us all thru superior firepower.
While the idea of the Horadric Cube 'refining' items (close enough to crafting in my book) could be implemented, I myself wouldn't want to see anything like crafting skills which involve picking up raw materials laying around.

"Yeah Mr.Marauder, time to take a break from slaying monsters so that we may craft you a nice pair of thigh leather pants."

That's preposterous! (wanted to use that word for sometime).
"
KrapnoV wrote:
While the idea of the Horadric Cube 'refining' items (close enough to crafting in my book) could be implemented, I myself wouldn't want to see anything like crafting skills which involve picking up raw materials laying around.

Any materials needed for crafting will probably come from killing monsters. I've seen materials in the videos that look like crafting material to me. Pause the IncGamers trailer 41 seconds in. What is that stuff in the bottom right of the inventory?

I think the most they've said about the crafting system is what they said in a recent interview with GameOgre, which was..

Our crafting system consists of a variety of valuable items that can modify, reroll, or augment items that the player has found. For example, there are items that can add a random mod to an existing rare item, slightly upgrade the damage that a weapon deals (to a point), or reroll all of the mods of an item at once. This fits in with the non-deterministic item system that we are using, by allowing players to improve their items in a random manner, rather than working towards exact items with predictable stats.

That sounds pretty cool to me, sure you may not be guaranteed to get the exact mod you want, but being able to re-roll useless mods on good items is exciting.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:

Any materials needed for crafting will probably come from killing monsters. I've seen materials in the videos that look like crafting material to me. Pause the IncGamers trailer 41 seconds in. What is that stuff in the bottom right of the inventory?

From left to right:
2x Scroll of Wisdom (identification)
4x Whetstone (upgrades quality of weapon)
1x Orb of Augmentation (adds a mod to a magic item, if there's room)
2x Gold Coin
5x Armour shard (upgrades quality of armour)
2x Orb of Transmutation (upgrades a white text item to a magic item)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:

From left to right:
2x Gold Coin

Nice! :) Adding/rerolling mods to magic and rare items will be a lot of fun. But also knowing that normal (or even degraded) items won't be worthless in PoE is pretty sweet. Too often in past ARPGs the ground would be cluttered with normal items and for the most part you wouldn't care about them. Knowing that any item has the potential to eventually be great is very cool stuff.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
"
Chris wrote:

From left to right:
2x Gold Coin

So obviously these six things aren't an exhaustive list of game items, but if they're representative of the kinds of items you'll be collecting, it looks like you'd be doing more modifying of existing items than actual crafting.

That's mostly fine with me, though I wouldn't mind a system that involved some crafting (either of modifying items like Orbs of Augmentation or actual weapons and armor). It would be a cool side-activity if you could make items using random stuff that monsters/enemies dropped. Just as long as I'm not expected to spend long hours collecting herbs or ores or whatever instead of fighting.
Crafting as in "collect ores, wood, etc. and create item"? No thanks.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Its not really crafting but something I thought of...

Bosses or rare monsters can have a small chance, maybe 1-5% chance to drop a token.

This token can be used for some different things. One thing I thought of is turning these tokens in for a randomly generated weapon... add to a existing weapon for a stat bonus... add to a skill for a damage bonus or side effect? Maybe give a chance to slow enemies or whatever or maybe hand it in for a nice piece of armor.

These tokens are extremely rare though, and depending on your level and level of the boss/creature that drops it the effect is either stronger or weaker.

Thoughts?
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info