Crafting system

"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:

Any materials needed for crafting will probably come from killing monsters. I've seen materials in the videos that look like crafting material to me. Pause the IncGamers trailer 41 seconds in. What is that stuff in the bottom right of the inventory?

From left to right:
2x Scroll of Wisdom (identification)
4x Whetstone (upgrades quality of weapon)
1x Orb of Augmentation (adds a mod to a magic item, if there's room)
2x Gold Coin
5x Armour shard (upgrades quality of armour)
2x Orb of Transmutation (upgrades a white text item to a magic item)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Will there be an item that keeps all the mods of a magic item but rerolls the bonuses?

Do you mean one that would reroll the numbers inside the mods to new random values that the mod could have spawned with?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Will there be an item that keeps all the mods of a magic item but rerolls the bonuses?

Do you mean one that would reroll the numbers inside the mods to new random values that the mod could have spawned with?

Yeah. That's what I meant. My phrasing wasn't very clear.

This is the type of thing that we would have an item for, yes.

That specific example of rerolling the ranges of each mod is interesting and is one that we haven't yet experimented with.

The biggest concern with adding these items is balancing their rarity with how quickly they allow players to converge on close-to-perfect rares.

I like this one because when it rerolls the mods it could pick bad values for some and good values for others. An item that rerolled the bonus on only one mod would be much more abusable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info