The Prophecy League Challenges

"
Skyblade799 wrote:
Well... it's certainly not April first.

Complete 2 endgame grinds. Seriously guys; you are advocating unhealthy play. If you want 40/40 for the totem, you will need to legitimately no-life the game. That's awful. It's not challenging, it's not fun, it's a waste.

Just look at the Voll one for instance; if you wanted to kill him 1200 times, even if you did each kill in 3 minutes, it would still take 60 hours. And you need to do two. That's gross design to say the least. If you took only 1 minute, it would still take 20 straight hours. Disappointment is an understatement; I cannot remotely respect this decision. This far worse then even the previous league's Zana leveling "challenge". The rest of them; Atziri, Ambrius, and Izaro, are dependent more on RNG map drops and trading. And you need to do them all yourself; no buyouts.

I would please recommend you re-think that — or at least — never consider doing such a challenge in the future. As well, rethink the addition of "challenges" like it.

Grinding out x volls, or 8 levels of master x isn't hard; it's insanely time consuming. They are the worst way to implement challenges, and I'd like to see them done away with period.

Aside from this... I have to say the rest of the challenges this league are actually quite fine (Have to see how the divination cards end up).It's just that last one that put a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel that the "endgame grind" fight can be done for either difficulty or tediousness. Obviously, dried lake voll is easy as hell, so you need to do him a lot. However, Colosseum is a fairly good layout, and if you get 10 twinned Colosseum maps, that's an easy thing to do. Not sure how tough a 6-man twinned Ambrius is, but a 1-man twinned Ambrius was fairly straightforward for me. Find a Guardian and a curse occultist to team up with, and the fights would probably be trivial indeed.

That said, it's the cost that'll be the bottleneck. 40x mapZaro = have to complete 40 trials. Colosseum maps are another case of trading for them. Still, better 10 twinned daressos than 100 atziris.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 31, 2016, 6:31:26 PM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
Skyblade799 wrote:

Complete 2 endgame grinds. Seriously guys; you are advocating unhealthy play. If you want 40/40 for the totem, you will need to legitimately no-life the game. That's awful. It's not challenging, it's not fun, it's a waste.

Just look at the Voll one for instance; if you wanted to kill him 1200 times, even if you did each kill in 3 minutes, it would still take 60 hours. And you need to do two. That's gross design to say the least. If you took only 1 minute, it would still take 20 straight hours. Disappointment is an understatement; I cannot remotely respect this decision. This far worse then even the previous league's Zana leveling "challenge". The rest of them; Atziri, Ambrius, and Izaro, are dependent more on RNG map drops and trading. And you need to do them all yourself; no buyouts.

I would please recommend you re-think that — or at least — never consider doing such a challenge in the future. As well, rethink the addition of "challenges" like it.

Grinding out x volls, or 8 levels of master x isn't hard; it's insanely time consuming. They are the worst way to implement challenges, and I'd like to see them done away with period.

Aside from this... I have to say the rest of the challenges this league are actually quite fine (Have to see how the divination cards end up).It's just that last one that put a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel that the "endgame grind" fight can be done for either difficulty or tediousness. Obviously, dried lake voll is easy as hell, so you need to do him a lot. However, Colosseum is a fairly good layout, and if you get 10 twinned Colosseum maps, that's an easy thing to do. Not sure how tough a 6-man twinned Ambrius is, but a 1-man twinned Ambrius was fairly straightforward for me. Find a Guardian and a curse occultist to team up with, and the fights would probably be trivial indeed.

That said, it's the cost that'll be the bottleneck. 40x mapZaro = have to complete 40 trials. Colosseum maps are another case of trading for them. Still, better 10 twinned daressos than 100 atziris.

That's I think why the amount is so much lower for the daresso's and the izaro's; the time cost to get them. Voll is free to get to, while the rest take either fragments, trials, or tier 15 maps for Atziri, Izaro, or Ambrius respectively.

Still, imagine if instead of that, they had the kill deadly bosses challenge; just make it "kill these bosses solo/no one else enter or has entered the map" if they want the player to do it themselves. That's more a skill based challenge, as it frankly should be. Likely wouldn't work for the dried lake voll, but it would fit decently for the rest.
"
Skyblade799 wrote:

whats wrong with rewarding grinding in a game about grinding ? even the name says 'grind'. I have no quarrels about these challenges, as well as the Zana challenge. they are FAIR. you have to play a lot, which is the whole point of the game anyway. PoE's output is almost strictly a function of time put in.

if anything, the 'buy/trade for item x' 'challenges' were garbage.

like half of these challenges people already can get while leveling their first toon.

this is of course, if we agree they are not really 'challenges', but rather 'achievements', as they always were, and even more so today.
"
Skyblade799 wrote:

Not sure why people are praising this in place Zana 8. This... is ridiculously time consuming. Zana 8 was login daily, join a party, log out 15 minutes later... if it even took that long.
I personally leveled my Zana to 8 totally solo on Perandus, anyone wanting a Headhunter will need Zana 8 anyway....

Thus said these challenges except a few look doable and it should be possible to go to 36 without too much currency investment.
no "level up Leo and Krillson to 8" challenge PogChamp
Want monkey pet ♥. Good thing this league isn't during Dark Souls 3 release.
░▄█▄░▄█▄░░▀▀█░░█░░█░▐░░█░░░█░█░▐░░█▀█░█▀█░█▀▀░▄▀▄░▄▀▄░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
░▀█████▀░░░█░░█▄█░▌█▐░█▄█░░█░▌█▐░░█▄█░█░█░█▀░░░▄▀░░▄▀░▀█████▀░░
░░░▀█▀░░░░█▄▄░█░█░▌░█░█░█░░█░▌░█░░█░░░█▄█░█▄▄░█▄▄░░▄░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Wow some of these look terrible.

That horrible double ghost thing is back too, ick. Ohh well.
Man, killing Merciless Voll 1200 times really takes.... Devotion.

I can only hope that GGG set the numbers so high for the sake of this joke.

Other than that, I am quite happy about this league's challenges.
1200 Voll kills

Easy

Kill a monster possessed by 2 spirits

39/40

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info