Ascendancy's Unique Items

How can someone dare to call this pile of crap unique items. And yes, don't know why i was expecting something new to show in 2h field after years...
That flask of Worms will definitely be mandatory for the Ascendancy with lots of the Classes having On-Kill Effects to be honest.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
That Vaal Blade looks really interesting.
It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.
Varunastra will be sick. Mana on hit, build enabler melee weapon. QoL and Swag in the same slot.
Hmmmm that flask.... Cast on kill..... The possibilities.....

Dominating Blow - Cast on Kill - Raging Spirits - Melee Splash

Enchanted Gloves spawn icy minions on kill (ice versions of raging spirits)

Use Flask, instant 6 minions. Dunno how strong dem worms are tho heh.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
akara or charsi uniques plz.
BaronCrovax ign.
Malachi's Loop looks awesome! i mean not lookswise but the things it can do looks awesome.
Any threshold jewels coming with the new expansion?

Hoping on the off chance that my planned skill will have the opportunity for a little something extra
So I have a Question about the Sword, Will it have the melee range of a Thrusting One-Handed?

Melee weapons have the following base range:[1]

Axe, One-Handed: 5
Axe, Two-Handed: 7
Claw: 5
Dagger: 5
Mace, One-Handed: 5
Mace, Two-Handed: 6
Sceptre: 5
Sword, One Handed: 6
Sword, Thrusting One-Handed: 7
Sword, Two Handed: 6
Staff: 6
Unarmed: 4
Let's look over each, sorted, roughly, from least-useful/valuable to most:

Daresso's Passion
"
Daresso's Passion grants a bonus for having no Frenzy Charges, but simultaneously makes it easier to acquire them. The trick will be finding a good method for consuming those Charges to maximise both benefits.

• Most players will figure out the trick easy enough: just vendor the sword. Seriously, weapons with unique mechanics are never going to be used unless they have at least early-endgame-viable DPS. Even if you're the MOST GENEROUS, and somehow value split physical/cold damage equally, that's just 184.8 DPS after quality. It's a leveling unique, pure and simple; and during leveling, special mechanics simply never come into play.

Sure, some might consider the damage buff to spellcasting use, but there are already other options that can do it better; Redbeak comes to mind, for instance.

Glitterdisc
"
While useful as a levelling shield, Glitterdisc also provides an extra layer of defence against fire damage. This includes fire damage that makes up only a portion of the hit.

• Would be a decent leveling shield... Just don't expect anyone to use it endgame. People weren't worried too much about mitigating fire damage, and given builds using it will ALREADY have RNG-based defenses, some more isn't going to be useful. I suppose there's something to be said about being the second shield to have Increased Item Rarity, but it's so weak that even a MF shield-using build will still stick with Wheel of the Stormsail.

Varunastra
"
Varunastra is a powerful weapon that counts as all one-handed weapon types. It works with all one-handed skills and benefits from all weapon-specific bonuses.

• Again, nice on paper... But the low DPS (256.3 once you add quality) is still too low to be really meaningful. Granted, one-handed swords lack a strong endgame-level item, but still, this isn't enough. Soul Taker got away with having only slightly more DPS than this because it could be used as an off-hand weapon: its bonuses were GLOBAL. Meanwhile, Varunastra's bonuses are entirely limited to the weapon itself; it isn't giving you off-hand bonuses.

Malachai's Loop
"
Malachai's Loop makes gaining Power Charges incredibly simple, but punishes players who get too greedy. The item really shines when used with spells like Discharge where you can control how the Power Charges are spent.

• This is where things could start being interesting; I see potential here, though the usefulness of it could be very narrow: it looks to be a potential alternative to other costly (price or build-wise) options for generating power charges for Mjölner/Fakener builds, instead of using Voll's or Skyforth or a gem. However, unless the item is EXCEEDINGLY rare, given how "narrow" a range of what will use it (no block chance, basically discharge-only?) I predict that demand won't be high enough to keep its value from sliding, in spite of being a pretty solid item; in that respect I might compare it to most other unique shields, like Saffell's Frame, Rise of the Phoenix, or Rathpith Globe; all serious build-makers, but all buyable for less than a chaos on standard.

The Writhing Jar
"
Some builds require that players kill a steady stream of foes to generate power or frenzy charges, or to activate trigger gems. The Writhing Jar serves as a portable source of enemies, so these builds will function even when monsters are scarce.

• Now THIS is an item thinking outside of the box jar. I definitely like the idea of "bringing in your own monsters," since a lot of builds get screwed over by some things; for instance, Atziri's status effect immunity can make Oro's builds run her slower. As an added plus, it's an insta-heal flask, that type of cancer people love, especially post-Surgeon's nerf. GRANTED, I have some questions on how far this will go in some situations, given you might get 3 uses tops per flask, which MIGHT be enough to, say, keep up your charges during a boss fight. I'll admit that, unlike the other items (where the first 3 are vendor and the fourth will become cheap) I'm not certain how valuable this will end up being.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info