Vulnerability

I want to clarify a small issue with the Vulnerability description. The description says, "Curses all enemies in an area, making them take increased damage from physical attacks", but below the description in the tool-tip it says "Cursed enemies take 25% more physical damage".

So my question is extremely simple, does this work with physical damage spells such as Ethereal Knives? The description suggests that it only works with attacks but the tool-tip suggests otherwise. I'm assuming it does work with physical spells but I thought some clarification would be good before I try it out.
does not work on spells
"
ArchAngelAdam wrote:
I want to clarify a small issue with the Vulnerability description. The description says, "Curses all enemies in an area, making them take increased damage from physical attacks", but below the description in the tool-tip it says "Cursed enemies take 25% more physical damage".
The skill description is in error (and will be fixed). The stats as listed on the skill are correct - it's all physical damage taken, not restricted to attacks.

If it ever comes to choosing between trusting the listed stats, the descriptions of which are automatically generated based on what stats the skill actually has at that point, or the skill's text description, which is based on what someone wrote in a little box somewhere, smart money is always on the stats being correct.
How does the added damage taken work with added elemental damage based off physical damage? Such as using Hatred, does the physical damage taken from vulnerability also increase the damage done from hatred?
YAWCK

No. Modifiers to damage taken are applied at the point damage is being taken by the enemy, this is after the attacker has done all their calculations on what damage they're going to deal.
If I cast a level 1 vulnerability and before the curse is over I stack 4 viper strikes with a duration of 15 seconds. How will the extra 40% damage work? Will it stop when the curse has ended or will it last the entire 15 seconds?

Also what if I first stack 4 viper strikes and then cast the curse will that do anything?
when the curse was cast has no meaning except for puncture skill because it is physical and this curse boosts innital hit as well as DoT.
the 40% damage is working for viper strike while the curse still active, and only then. damage doesn't stay the same when the viper strike still goes on after curse ended.
My understanding of the stun chance is it gives any hit a chance to stun, and this chance is separate from the normal stun system's chance calculated off damage dealt vs monster max health. Not only can I not notice this stun increase during normal play, but I can even GMP+fire totem an enemy, land dozens of hits on them a second and I still never see their stun animation play despite a supposed 10% chance per hit for it to happen. Same for a rapid fire attack like quillrain on an enemy.

Does the attack need to be melee to proc the stun chance, is the chance reduced by damage effectiveness, is there some unstated damage threshold needed to activate the stun chance, or what's the deal exactly?

Last edited by iowercase on Mar 28, 2013, 2:14:03 PM
Can this curse increase burn damage? isnt that considered damage over time?

And what about ignite?
i haven't read the effects of the recent patch on wording between burn and ignite, but both are DoT so DO get benefit. read on different thread from dev comment that foes can have different sources of burning but the historical "strongest" applies with same sources (like a fireball crit and same skill's crit but a moment later).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info