Raise Zombie

Raise Zombie is a very powerfull skill. They are strong and tank alott. No complaint about that. But since the last update they run around like someone would have given them Amphetamines...

Really now? Zombies are supposed to be slow, which SHOULD limit their usefullness. Despite beeing a true lover of summoner builds in almost all games, i have to say Zombies feel way overpowered now!

They race around my character and slay everything. I normally don´t have to do anything. Since they are so fast they dont need any strategy for placing them right anymore which in my opinion isnt good.

what i say is: Even Summons should require a certain amount of skill from the user! i am for lowering their movement speed again!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
We will also include a way to not target your own minions when this is added, so you don't accidentally click on them.

You could bypass this issue by implementing what someone very recently recommended for D3: An "Always Move" Button. CTRL+left click would feel natural.

"
Kyojin wrote:
Another bug I've noticed is that when I die or portal out i loss the connection with my minions i left. They no long follow me and no longer give me experience when they kill something. That is the worst part considering I might die and leave 15+ minions wandering around killing things with me gaining nothing, and that will only get worse if I die again.

That's very interesting that you say they don't give you xp. I've noticed since the latest modification that minions stop following you if you zone out and zone back in (waypoint or town portal). I had no idea that the errant minions will continue to clear out the zone while not giving me any xp!

"
M3phisto wrote:
They race around my character and slay everything. I normally don´t have to do anything.

That's the whole point of a summoner i thought.

"
M3phisto wrote:
Since they are so fast they dont need any strategy for placing them right anymore which in my opinion isnt good.

Strategy for placing them right? Exactly what placement strategy could you use before? They were uncontrollable and were frustratingly stupid. They are still uncontrollable, but at least they do the job now.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Dec 11, 2011, 8:50:49 AM
I agree that they can be hard to get around in some of the underground mazes, it would be nice if the summoner could pass through them.

I would also like to see your summons stay with you after zoning.
The nerfs will continue until morale improves.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
In future, minions will have their own health portraits, and other features that let you see your minion's status easily. Other features have been requested, like un-summon options, more visual feedback, directional indicators, etc.

We will also include a way to not target your own minions when this is added, so you don't accidentally click on them.

Minions will also follow you between areas in future.

I really don't like the increased running speed. It was quite fine before, since they teleport to your position, they were always with you anyway.

Other than that, I must say I like these zombies. They are just icky enough to be awesome! And they are quite useful, too (especially with damage gem support). Not just cannon fodder, they are my icky little buddies! :D
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Lvl 50 frenzy ranger. I play with a summoner and can tell you that its very hard determing which are zombies and which are mobs. I often find myself trying to shoot these scurrying creatures and wasting mana in the process.

I hope it doesn't become like d2 and no one will party with the summoner classes because they are too disruptive to play with.

Maybe limit the # of passive spots for +1 zombies and slow-them-down.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." A. Einstein
Beta Testers = Insane
I'm perfectly fine with the zombie speed, I think it's pretty much perfect.

I am however having issues with pathing around/through my summons. The more zombies I'm able to summon the harder it gets to move. Sometimes I'll get stuck to one of them and we seem to move in the same direction and I'm unable to get to where I want to go.

I really think collision detection needs to be turned off for the summoner and/or group members, it's very frustrating at times.
The nerfs will continue until morale improves.
"
Rippster wrote:
I am however having issues with pathing around/through my summons. The more zombies I'm able to summon the harder it gets to move. Sometimes I'll get stuck to one of them and we seem to move in the same direction and I'm unable to get to where I want to go.

I really think collision detection needs to be turned off for the summoner and/or group members, it's very frustrating at times.

Collision detection *is* off. The issue is that you can click on your minions, and if u do so, u follow them. They have said they will be fixing the minion targetting issue, so this is basically a known/non-issue.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
One thing i noticed and it may be on pupose, is that minions doesn't attract attention at all (aggro), they need to hit alot of times so that mobs switch and attack them

One thing also i noticed while poping minions and running from mobs, is that in order to switch the agro to them, i need to run quit a bit then turn back and attack one time, then the mobs switch to the minions.

Overalll situation is better but still , summoner is the slowest build in the game imo even with the speed buff

Its perfect to kill annoying mobs & boss when there are crops around ofc but the low agro that they generate doesn't allow them to be targetted fast enough, leaving the caster running,trying to loose the mobs ,big waste of time imo

Thanks for reading :)
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
One thing about this skill that I have noticed is that when you go into a new area your zombies are left behind. This is fine, however when you return to that area your zombies are still there but will no longer follow you. They also don't get destroyed if you summon more zombies, because of this it is possible to have several useless zombies sitting outside a waypoint.
"
Since the zombies got a speed and attack speed buff, I'm unstoppable. I think maybe halve both of these bonuses, because it's just ridiculous, especially when you have 8 of them and minion instability.

EDIT: In a level comparable area, Rangerpas and myself were running through, not even having to kill anything because of my 8 zombies. I highly recommend decreasing these buffs, perhaps 1.5x Attack speed or something.

EDIT: Also combined with Minion instability this makes zombies way good, perhaps even reign that back to 1.5x life?

disagree. i love it and think it's fine the way it is. no need to mess with success

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info