Raise Spectre

I don't have much use for spectres, with 8+ zombies and 15+ skeletons there is just not more room/space for melee spectres on the battlefield. I only raise ranged spectres, but this is depents very much on the map (raising stone spitters has not much use, but raising goat schamans is overpowered).
this spell is such a let-down

wtb: kickass range pets

Spectres in my opinion need to be stronger. I have zombies with close to 3k hp, 1k+ armor, able to clobber through mobs fairly effectively using skeles as extra meat shields. My one spectre is just unimpressive (except with goats that is just awesome and generally all I look for my spectres).

I guess my preference would be for these spectres = 2-3 zombies a piece in strength. It takes up a whole gem slot and you only get one of them. They should be stronger than they are now. I rarely goatmen in the Maelstrom and the other mobs (like a ranged skele) are just really useless to rez.
I just wanted to agree here. Raise spectre is absolutely pointless as a level 19 spell. I've tried combo-ing it with minion life and minion damage, and with unbuffed zombies the zombies still do more damage and live longer, at least on normal difficulty.
My question for a higher-level summoner: does this spell become useful on higher difficulty levels when mobs have more life and do more damage? If not, the debuffs are just too much. They definitely are awful in normal.
I would like to see that raise specter (and the other raise minions) spells getting the benefit of a spell critical just like any other spell. On a critical, the crit multiplier is used to give the minion proportionally more HPs and/or more Damage based on the caster's stats.

Although this seems to add to the challenge of balancing summoning skills, it offers summoners the option to pursue more build varieties as they explore the benefit from gear and passives related to critical chance and damage multipliers.

It may also cause inventory management trade offs where the summoner equips gear set A to summon and then swaps to gear set B to combat with a full army. Perhaps, gear removal / swapping affects existing minions in some compensatory way.
If you have passive skill points put into any given element, and you create a spectre that does elemental damage, does your passives impact the spectres damage?

Such that if you had fire damage passives, it would be best to rez the fire skeleton mages?
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on May 13, 2012, 2:20:38 AM
"
If you have passive skill points put into any given element, and you create a spectre that does elemental damage, does your passives impact the spectres damage?

Such that if you had fire damage passives, it would be best to rez the fire skeleton mages?

no

your passives are YOUR passives and not the passives of your minions
Do some specters have their skills restricted? I noticed Necromancers weren't resurrecting enemies.
Necromancers can only raise enemies that are on their side. So necromancers on your side won't raise enemy monsters (as they'd just attack you anyway).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Necromancers can only raise enemies that are on their side. So necromancers on your side won't raise enemy monsters (as they'd just attack you anyway).

this conflicts with this forum thread:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/32962

and:
yesterday my witch summoned a necro as a spectre and i saw it doing the reanimation animation which was raising seletons who fought against me afterwards. can anybody verify this?

need to test it myself again to exlude any necro wo maybe is still alive in the neigbour room :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info