Raise Spectre

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Spectres are some kind of useless atm. I tried around with a 4 Link Spectre Version with Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage and Minion Damage for Bowies // Melee Spectres or a Caster one with Multiple Projectiles etc. and they do exactly nothing.
While your minions eat the mobs alive in early stages of the game with like 15% per hit they do nothing in late game chaos although you skilled minion damage and support gems.
Even get the damage up by --> 300% <-- wouldn't be overpowered compared to those ridiculous AoF builds.

The only way to use them properly for me is to link them with speed so they are at the front at all times to clumb incoming mobs while being slashed to pieces for an incredible amount of nothing since minion explosion got nerfed to death as well.
The cost for spectres at the moment is insane, with just 2 linked supports
Unavailable

Level 5 spectors with minion damage and minion life, they cost 67 mana.

zombies at level 8 in comparison only cost 56 with the same supports.

Why is the cost for spectors so high, they don't offer any utility other than meatshields, which at low levels is still very poor compared to zombies. With the damage drawbacks they can't compete with any of your other skills as well.

The only use right now is for off color abilities that the monsters may posess, AKA chestpounding gorillas... that is all.

I think the cost here needs to be reduced, it's not like they become spammable anyway.
-Meteoric Destiny!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Spectres atm are only usefull for summoning mobs that supply buffs to the player and his minions . They are slow even with linked minion speed , they wonder around or stop completely randomly . Their damage output from what I've seen so far is awfull not to mention that atm there is no way to check the dps of your minions at all which I find really bad considering that you can go full summoner build .

They have really high MP cost for the little they do ( or let's say - they do exactly nothing most of the times ) .

If this was ment to be a support skill of some sort so be it but as a support skill consider lowering the MP cost + rework completely their AI .
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
This spell is very useful depending from area to area. And will be better and better when more monsters with special spells are introduced.Having 5 goat shuman is really great. Also the monkey that gives frenzy charges to my zombies, the sirens that can freez enemies. Great support gem for my zombies.
I don't see anyone saying anything about this and maybe I'm dumb but

In the description for the raise spectre it lists a bunch of nerfs for minions..

It doesn't specify this is only for Spectres though, it just says "Minions"

So does that mean by equipping raise spectre ALL my minions will get a serious nerfing? If not the text should really be switched to "Spectres" instead of minions. If so... no thank you to this skill!
This skill is awesome. I did notice one thing though: when you fight the three bandit leader fights in act 2. if you try to raise one of the bandits as a spectre, he will remain stationary like how he was before you engaged in combat with the leader.
"
BioStormX wrote:

In the description for the raise spectre it lists a bunch of nerfs for minions..

So does that mean by equipping raise spectre ALL my minions will get a serious nerfing? If not the text should really be switched to "Spectres" instead of minions. If so... no thank you to this skill!

I would love to know the answer too.
"
BioStormX wrote:

No. Stats on a skill only ever affect that skill. There are stats that scale life/damage/etc for all minions, and this skill has some of them (as do other skills) the reason they say "minions" is because that stat will affect any minion skill that has the stat (and there are other minion skills with those stats).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info