Lightning Warp

Cool, thanks. It makes a lot more sense now.
Still feels very unreliable, unfortunately.
At seemingly random moments Lightning warp just flat out refuses to warp you.
Seems to be most common when casting other spells while you're waiting for the warp to happen, and that's the shame of it, because that's what makes it so much fun to use.
Lightning Warp can be re-cast too soon.

When you warp and cast Warp again as soon as possible, a new target will appear clientside and you will be unable to cast until after the 'warp'... but nothing actually happens. If you wait half a second before re-casting Warp, it works fine. I presume the client is allowing a 'Cast Warp' packet to be sent before the server actually allows casting Warp again.

Mildly unrelated: Quicksilver Flasks of Adrenaline are hilarious. Minimum-length Warps are absurdly fast. Thank you for replacing Phase Run, GGG :)
The tooltip should really state how this ability works. I have made and devoted an entire character. I made my character completely around the idea that lightning warp was affected by cast speed. Although, the tooltip nor the gem state that the ability is affected by movement speed. Now that I am level 70 I am finally figuring this out through stumbling upon a forum post. I hope they plan on updating the tooltip because many more people have been making the same mistake I have.
IGN
---
Plaguez
Plague_LW
And naturally, I forgot something last post.
When it comes to Quest rewards, LWarp is a little late to the party. You can't get it until Cruel, at which point you vastly outlevel Warp. Unless you go out of your way to acquire it sooner, it's going to take a while before you even get Warp, let alone until it's useful (needs to catch up in levels to start dealing decent damage).
I deal 700 dps with my lvl 44 characters main skills.

The damage done from LW is very low and I use it only for movement and positioning.

Is there any reason to level up this gem past level 1 if I have no interests in it's damage?

I use this skill as a chase skill to make the mobs chase me while bleeding from Puncture.
If you don't use it for damage, then there's no reason to level it. :) Would only make it more costly.
I am currently a level 67 Lightning Warp (20% quality) / Trap Witch that stacks cast speed and movespeed. When I've got a perfect arenaline flask up and the haste aura I go up to 124% move speed. What I've experienced when chain casting LW at this speed (2.00 casts per second) is that I encounter a bug where I cannot move at all. My character is stuck in place and I can continue to get hit by enemies. I can cast a town portal but I cannot take it. The only option I have is to quit out of the game. This skill being one of my primary offensive skills that I've invested into considerably makes this a pretty disappointing thing to encounter to say the least, but it does happen nearly every day I play.
"
FILM wrote:
I am currently a level 67 Lightning Warp (20% quality) / Trap Witch that stacks cast speed and movespeed. When I've got a perfect arenaline flask up and the haste aura I go up to 124% move speed. What I've experienced when chain casting LW at this speed (2.00 casts per second) is that I encounter a bug where I cannot move at all. My character is stuck in place and I can continue to get hit by enemies. I can cast a town portal but I cannot take it. The only option I have is to quit out of the game. This skill being one of my primary offensive skills that I've invested into considerably makes this a pretty disappointing thing to encounter to say the least, but it does happen nearly every day I play.

Yeah this bug is pretty annoying but they've been having a hard time finding how to fix it or even how to reproduce it regularily. It happens with Shield Charge and Whirling Blades every now and then too, especially if you spam them with fast attackspeed. There used to be a similar bug with block, I don't know if it's still this one, where if you blocked at the same time as you used a movement skill and the block animation should have played, it bugs out and think you're stunned from the block animation and stays that way until you block again. One bug about perma block stun was fixed during OB but I think it might still be that for this one, just a lot more rare cause it needs to be timed perfectly and might be because of server/client lag.
Allthough the skill is unreliably because it simply does not always warp you (it seems to be dysfuctioning when you warp to a close object which is near unpassable terrain,or when there is unpassable terrain in front of you postion at the moment of the cast) it is a lot of fun and one of the best caster-shadow skills since it is based on movespeed. This basically allows you to convert hitn run tactics in hitn warp, giving you one extra cast every time you retreat from your position.

Very disappointing on the other Hand was, that it doesnt work with remote mine. Well theoretically it does, but it basically creates a weak random shock nova mine with high manacost... completely useless... i was hoping to be able to create a mine which i could use to retreat from battle without cast animation. Its not like this would be OP in any shape or form since this would also remove the option to warp forward on your path from lighning warp but it would be nice for glass cannons... now i have the remote mine and wish i had chosen the trap support...... well shit happens

I dont use the skill for the damage itself... i have no extra lighning but i figure the chance to shock could come in handy if you have enough mana anyways

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info