Lightning Warp

"
bachner wrote:
Isn't the cast time reduced by increased cast speed?

The cast time is only a fraction of the time between casting and teleporting though.
Personally I think cast speed should decrease the delay before you actually warp, instead of movement speed. As a comparison, leap slam is a movement skill too, but is affected by attack speed, not movement speed - so why should that not be for lightning warp?

Malgator's suggestion might even better though:
"
Malgator wrote:

I suggest that the cast delay shoudl not be 100% of the time you would need to get to the targeting point by running, but 75%. this would make the the spell a viable option as movement spell, but not OP.

Just my thoughts.
Shield Charge is a movement skill that is based off Movespeed (as well as Attack Speed, which means you can make it crazy, absurdly fast, which is hilarious).
Regardless, I rather like the uniqueness of having it scale with Movespeed personally. I'm a sucker for these types of oddities though :P
I think it would be cool if you could click like 3 times on different places on the screen and after time equal to running to the point whitch is furthest away you TP to point 1 then a short time before next TP so you can release a few attacks then TP to the next point repeating the same thing again.
I noticed that this skill is listed as a Buff in the wiki, does that mean that it is affected by inner focus?

If it is affected by Inner focus is the damage increase from Inner Focus applied before other mods or is it all additive?

Eg:

Given:
100 base damage
Inner Focus 30%
Other mods 20%

Scenario 1
100 * 1.3 = 130 * 1.2 = 156

or

Scenario 2
100 * (1 + .3 + .2) = 150

IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
It's not a Buff; check the skill tags in the gem description. The Wiki is still just maintained by people, and they make copy/paste mistakes.

Buffs always appear in the top left corner of the screen by the way.

Unrelated edit; oh, also: Holy shit the crash bug's fixed hell yesssssss.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 23, 2013, 2:42:35 AM
Well, as long as it's still scaling with movespeed in Open beta, I might as well go nuts with Warp and the new Quicksilver flasks. And the added movement speed to the Haste aura. Really curious how this'll work out, but one thing's for sure, it's gonna be rad.
WAs thinking the same - crash fixed its time to put on some fast shoes and warp warp warp. What do you guys think should be priority in terms of skills , move speed ? cast speed ? lightning dmg ?
I was thinking of something like that for base of the build

Later on add lightning dmg , maybe more cast speed or crit and resists/evasions

Damage-tanking capacity is going to be rather important, and raw damage will help a lot with non-Crits. That's what I would go for next.
Personally I'd say the move speed passives aren't really worth it, especially as shadow as those are already gonna be pretty fast. You're probably better off getting a good set of boots, and improve the cast speed of warp, because - very uncharacteristically to lightning spells - its cast speed is dismal. Probably gonna hook one up to faster cast speed myself, and get the increased area radius nodes from the templar tree.

My experience with it so far is it's really fun to use, but not that effective yet. But I'm not sure if that's because I'm still lacking proper support for it, or because it just isn't all that effective of itself, but it's definitely a lot of fun so I'll keep at it :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info