Dual Strike

If i put +2 weapon enchant on main hand while dual striking does only the main hand get the range benefit and i hit the monsters who are far from me only with main hand?
So Dual Strike is something that has been overlooked imo recently (had minimal buffs on that melee change in 2.0 and 2.1 and 2.4 and then recently 2.6) 4 huge patches where pretty much every other active skill in the game was changed yet somehow Dual Strike is forgotten about even though it's one of the earliest skills you can pick up and offers that classic melee skill that's seen in basically every game. It's also my favourite skill so wanted to offer some thoughts.

The new jewel 'Might and Influence' doesn't really change anything to Dual Strike imo. You should make it full utility and give some sort of fortify gain and keep the splash how it is (although fortify gain as a melee buff in general would be nice). Therefore it offers the chance to save on gem links which is crucial for a melee build to be able to push onwards to late game (otherwise you're looking at crazy weapons etc). Also when you compare it to the Cleave jewel, Might and Influence is just garbage. Overwhelming Odds has basically the double utility with minuscule damage increase which is how the melee jewels should be made. Looking at the other ones they also seem to have some sort of AoE effect on them.

The additional double main hand damage I think adds nothing although it's very unique which I guess is why it's there. (This double damage mechanic should be a Lab Enchant let's be honest)

Next I think the gem itself needs some sort of buff, not necessary to damage but maybe gains melee weapon range when you level it up, similar to how Frost Blades works but not as high as that. Since Dual Strike doesn't have an AoE tag on its own it's difficult to think of ways to directly improve it since you can't just add AoE to gem or jewel.

idk if anybody reads this stuff but hopefully something can get taken on board or discussed.

Note: The key take away I think is that Dual Strike should get weapon range as you level the gem. Should allow it to be more pokey to aid with the poor melee targeting in general.

Cheers.
Last edited by liamwpk on Apr 2, 2017, 12:24:53 PM
i read that dual strike hit once, is it means with two swords with 200 and 240 phys i will get one 440 phys hit and then bleed will scale up from this 440 phys hit? or two bleeds 200 and 240 and only 240 will work?
Might and Influence should be a quest reward (Death to Purity) alongside with jewels for Cleave and Frost Blades etc. I wonder why it's not already. Long life for the SSF!

It's my favorite skill by far. But it's one dimensional - you must facetank with LL VP or die, because there is no melee range at all. For example, I want play evasion Shadow/Ranger with claws and Dual Strike but it's not an option for real progression. Berserker and tons life the only risky choice and it's sad.

And MTX suggestion.
So many choices: Frost/Arctic, Acid/Necrotic/Ghostflame, Demonic Hands/Demonic/Gore. Anything from that would be great to have.
Buff the damage. Ancestrall Call feels really great with Dual Strike but it lacks so much damage for a Single Target Skill.

If one support gem switch make a "clearing" skill viable for single target (Conc Effect / Slower Proj) why can't we have the same for singletarget skills. Ancestrall is a really good solution but we need to have Melee Splash to make it decent. So basically you're losing 2 supports gem to make AoE viable while some AoE skills doesn't need gem switch to be better than Dual Strike for single target with a pure damage gem setup (sunder, cyclone)
How dual strike works with stun? Is stun chance calculated from hit by 2 hands simultaneously or separately? What happend if i use weapons with different personal stun threshold, for example callinelus malleus and something else?
Aesthetics-wise, it would be nice if this had one or two alternate animations it would switch between, e.g. crossing both arms then swinging outwards, or spreading both arms then pulling them horizontally inwards
With the emergence of Shaper Stat Sticks off hands, Dual Strike has really fallen off in terms of damage values and doesn't feel that comfortable until the much higher levels.

It's a shame that Incursion buffed a lot of skill gems but for whatever reason Dual Strike was left behind.
The skill could use the "+0-3 Melee Range" other skills, more specifically the other namelock skill: Infernal Blow, have gotten in 3.3.

The boss found at/in the Apex of Atzoatl showcases how one false step could lead to death as the player model is units away from receiving the debuff from* being inside the boss. Especially noticeable when the boss changes directions or usage of the skill (without forced stand still) moves the player forward to hit.

I don't think I should be the one to comment on it's damage, as I admit that I don't exactly create guide worthy material, however Vaal Double Strike on a pseudo 5L was pretty close to my 5L + Shroud of the Lightless setup - before the Vaal usage I should add, the doubles themselves outdps'd Dual Strike from what I could tell; with only 1 charge used.

Last edited by Mindbender94 on Jun 27, 2018, 4:17:44 AM
since double strike rework dual strike can't even compete but maybe there will be a rework for dual strike?. The skill looks nice and all with the mini slam visual infront of you but what if the skill had "aoe" tag and the aoe in question could be similare to ground slam in some sort of way? and replace the aoe effect from the rescricted dual strike jewel to maybe attack speed or maybe an effect such as %maim on hit?. I did really like this skill gem when i started playing but it's so underpowered even to cleave it feels like. This is not really any criticism just wondering if this skill gem will get a rework or buffed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info