Dual Strike

Does the Critical strike chance % on each weapon wielded add to the overall chance to strike with Dual strike, or will the skill take the "main hand" weapon %?

left hand 10% Chance to crit.
right hand 5% chance to crit.

using dual strike gives +?? chance to crit? 5,10 or 15?
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Each weapon can crit separately with it's own crit chance. The overall hit counts as a crit for triggering on-crit effects if either weapon crits, but if the main hand crits and off hand doesn't, only the main hand damage will get the critical multiplier applied.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Each weapon can crit separately with it's own crit chance. The overall hit counts as a crit for triggering on-crit effects if either weapon crits, but if the main hand crits and off hand doesn't, only the main hand damage will get the critical multiplier applied.

Yo dawg, you like crits, so I put a crit in your crits to crit with...

(sorry, couldn't resist)... :P

Anyway, this goes directly against the normal way that % to crit would be calculated: calculated per each activation of a skill.

so with Dual strike, we will get:
- 2 chances to crit, one for each weapon.
- 2 chances to trigger on-crit effects.

Does the same apply for chance to hit, or is that applied to the normal: calculated per each activation of a skill vs monsters in range?

Also the character screen info then needs to show this information (% to crit) per weapon, not an overall number like it is now...

Here's a thought to buff this skill to be on par with flicker strike for example:

Main hand: weapon with 5% Crit chance
off hand: weapon with 10% crit chance

Dual strike could simply use the overall % to crit (as it is now shown in the character screen) for each weapon. So both main and off hand weapon would have 10% chance to crit in this example when using Dual strike.

(incase you haven't noticed yet, Dual strike is sub par to other single creature skills like Flicker strike, heavy hit etc.. it could use a boost and maybe create a nice alternate playstyle).
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Last edited by xchokeholdx on Jan 11, 2012, 4:42:04 AM
"
xchokeholdx wrote:
Anyway, this goes directly against the normal way that % to crit would be calculated: calculated per each activation of a skill.
No, it doesn't. There's only one crit roll per skill activation, like everything else, but because each weapon can have a different critical strike chance, it's possible for that roll to be a crit for one weapon but not for the other.

"
xchokeholdx wrote:
Does the same apply for chance to hit, or is that applied to the normal: calculated per each activation of a skill vs monsters in range?
Chance to hit is not "normally" applied specifically once per skill, it's applied once per weapon hit, just like it is here. Dual strike makes two weapon hits, and each checks accuracy.

"
xchokeholdx wrote:
Also the character screen info then needs to show this information (% to crit) per weapon, not an overall number like it is now...

Dual Strike already does show main and off hand critical strike chance, multiplier, etc. separately, like all attack skill. Only spells show it combined.

"
xchokeholdx wrote:
Here's a thought to buff this skill to be on par with flicker strike for example:

Main hand: weapon with 5% Crit chance
off hand: weapon with 10% crit chance

Dual strike could simply use the overall % to crit (as it is now shown in the character screen) for each weapon. So both main and off hand weapon would have 10% chance to crit in this example when using Dual strike.
There is no "overall crit chance" for it to use - the main and off hand have separate critical strike chances.

Dual strike makes separate attacks with the main and off hand weapons, and then the results (damage, extra effects for crit, etc) of the two are combined.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 11, 2012, 4:24:52 PM
While you can't crit twice with one attack/action, I think he meant that the CHANCES of critting are higher than a regular attack.
Is that not correct?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
While you can't crit twice with one attack/action, I think he meant that the CHANCES of critting are higher than a regular attack.
Is that not correct?

If I understand correctly, no.

The chance to trigger a on-crit effect is equal to the higher crit chance of the two weapons.

Ex:

5% crit chance on weapon 1, 10% on weapon 2

Assume that the single roll is a number between 1 and 100

... if roll > 10, both weapons fail to crit

... if 10 >= roll > 5, only damage from weapon 2 gets multiplied as a crit, and any on-crit effects are applied once.

... if 5 >= roll, damage from both weapons get multiplied as crits, and any on-crit effects are applied once.

Based on the way he described it, that wouldn't be the case though. He continuously mentioned separate attacks and attack rolls. Certainly it's possible it works as you describe, but there was no indication of it in his point as far as I can tell.
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
"
Xapti wrote:
Based on the way he described it, that wouldn't be the case though. He continuously mentioned separate attacks and attack rolls. Certainly it's possible it works as you describe, but there was no indication of it in his point as far as I can tell.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
xchokeholdx wrote:
No, it doesn't. There's only one crit roll per skill activation, like everything else, but because each weapon can have a different critical strike chance, it's possible for that roll to be a crit for one weapon but not for the other.

Each attack is rolled separately for damage, accuracy, etc, but crit is rolled once for the skill - this is how it works with pretty much every attack skill.
Oh right, I should have looked over it.
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
when using dual strike and using normal attacks it feels like i do the same dmg, when i look at the hp of enemies they lose exactly the same.... is it just me? maybe i'm unlucky with hitting at max dmg with normal and with min dmg with dualstrike but i tested it alot and i'm curious.
Last edited by NoXterium on Jan 22, 2012, 8:29:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info