Wild Strike

"
Jess_GGG wrote:
Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

I would really like confirmation on what works on the "secondary" effects and what doesn't. Does it always benefit from Melee Phys or does it get screwed over for no real reason like how Molten and Lightning Strike get when it procs the wave and the chain?
The Elemental effects do not deal Melee Damage.

Multistrike + Physt'o'Lightning + Weapon Elemental Damage, I suppose.
^ just like he said. I assume it must be like molten strike, where the, aoe,proj, and arc dont work with MPD. And also the nodes that say Melee physical dont work. I hope they make a ring that lets you choose what element goes out. It be nice. I think the best way to scale this is to get massive atk speed, so you proc all of the affects in rapid succession. I also think that phys to light doesnt seem that good. NEed to keep testing!
Phys to Lightning means you always deal 100% Elemental Damage (plus some extra Lightning Damage), significantly boosting the effectiveness of Weapon Elemental Damage.
That's my reasoning behind it. :>
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 13, 2015, 5:40:05 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

The skill is dead and burried then.

There would be some merit to it if you could scale it just on phys and use EE to benefit from the element swaping nature.

WIthout that you basicly need to use elemental supports to scale that then means you can't use EE. So skill got nothing to offer other then fewer scaling options and unreliable aoe.
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

There would be some merit to it if you could scale it just on phys and use EE to benefit from the element swaping nature.

WIthout that you basicly need to use elemental supports to scale that then means you can't use EE. So skill got nothing to offer other then fewer scaling options and unreliable aoe.

You CAN scale the elemental effects with Physical Damage as the damage of the effects are your Physical Damage with 60% of that converted to the selected element. You cannot scale them with "MELEE" Physical Damage or other "Melee" specified modifiers as an "FIRE AOE" Explosion, a "ICE PROJECTILE" attack and a "LIGHTNING CHAIN" effect are NOT Melee. A "Melee Physical Damage" support gem will increase the damage of the initial hit, but will not increase the damage of the elemental effects that apply afterwards, or at least should not if older skills like Molten Strike and Lightning Strike are anything to go by. Passives that increase damage done by Melee Weapons WILL increase the damage of the effects (such as a passive that grants X% increased damage by One-Handed Melee Weapons will increase the damage of the effects of this skill as the Elemental Effects' damage are considered to be an Attack done by your weapon)

This is why you'll want a Weapon Elemental Damage gem instead.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Jul 14, 2015, 2:04:21 AM
Have to say wild strike is kind of underwhelming skill. I have level 71 marauder in warbands league and the clearspeed with wild strike just feels bad. My single target is fine right now but the secondary effect is just too small to make a difference. Usually when I go towards lets say a pack of 5 mobs, I have to strike 3 times(9 if you count the multistrike) because the "aoe" part just isn't large enough. And the sad part is that it is so hard to scale that secondary effect because there are chain, aoe and projectile parts.

I will do some more testing tonight but it looks like I have to say goodbye to wild strike and pick a new skill.
Last edited by PoX_89 on Jul 14, 2015, 7:43:30 AM
"
PoX_89 wrote:
Have to say wild strike is kind of underwhelming skill. I have level 71 marauder in warbands league and the clearspeed with wild strike just feels bad. My single target is fine right now but the secondary effect is just too small to make a difference. Usually when I go towards lets say a pack of 5 mobs, I have to strike 3 times(9 if you count the multistrike) because the "aoe" part just isn't large enough. And the sad part is that it is so hard to scale that secondary effect because there are chain, aoe and projectile parts.

I will do some more testing tonight but it looks like I have to say goodbye to wild strike and pick a new skill.

If you had to choose one effect to try and make larger, it would probably be the ice projectiles. The Chain Lightning seems to do its job well, but increase AOE nodes are few and far between. Sticking an LMP/GMP into your links might give enough spread to match the Lightning's effectiveness. That just leaves the Explosion to being lackluster. I suppose its not the greatest since you're dedicating a gem to what only occurs 33% of the time, but at the same time, having only 1 of the 3 effects hitting targets effectively is worse than 2 of the effects hitting targets effectively.

Perhaps its natural progression should increase the AOE size, Number of Ice Projectiles (probably up to +2 at Level 20), and number of Chains, but I'm still leveling the character so I can't say for sure.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Jul 14, 2015, 10:57:04 AM
"
darkwolf7786 wrote:

Perhaps its natural progression should increase the AOE size, Number of Ice Projectiles (probably up to +2 at Level 20), and number of Chains, but I'm still leveling the character so I can't say for sure.

This sounds pretty good idea. For example the fire explosion is really nice whenever you get massive shrine(40 % aoe). The number of chains already increases as you level the gem.

I really like the mechanic of wild strike and the required playstyle but the truth is there are many other skills that do it so much better and easier.
Spoiler

"
darkwolf7786 wrote:
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

You CAN scale the elemental effects with Physical Damage as the damage of the effects are your Physical Damage with 60% of that converted to the selected element. You cannot scale them with "MELEE" Physical Damage or other "Melee" specified modifiers as an "FIRE AOE" Explosion, a "ICE PROJECTILE" attack and a "LIGHTNING CHAIN" effect are NOT Melee. A "Melee Physical Damage" support gem will increase the damage of the initial hit, but will not increase the damage of the elemental effects that apply afterwards, or at least should not if older skills like Molten Strike and Lightning Strike are anything to go by. Passives that increase damage done by Melee Weapons WILL increase the damage of the effects (such as a passive that grants X% increased damage by One-Handed Melee Weapons will increase the damage of the effects of this skill as the Elemental Effects' damage are considered to be an Attack done by your weapon)

This is why you'll want a Weapon Elemental Damage gem instead.

Obviously i meant melee phys support. LS and MS do not require target to proc their effects, LS got quite some range while MS can shotgun. You should rather comapre it to static strike - it requires target and the aoe does scale with melee damage. Or Ice crash - it doesn't scale with melee damage but got better coverage and can be used without target. Both of them also got more scaling options with aoe and element.

WED was all along in the links - but with lack of melee phys support & tree scaling there is just not enough scaling to use with EE. So you need to use elemental scalling that just works better with other skills. I

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info