Vaal damage on Merciless

"
Clue wrote:
Well my 12% armor is pretty much 0% anyway. So either way.

I also love how you take the time to bitch about out inaccurate information but provide no calculations to how crushing works or how much the true damage value is. GG Logic.

Damage Reduction = Armour / ( Armour + (12 * Damage) ) BTW

So my necro has about 1000 armor..

2% Damage Reduction to a 3500 dmg physical blow.

It also does 50% Fire dmg.. so

This interests me, too. Since I am ready to go face vaal for the first time in open beta, now.

I have 38976 armour, which means I'll reduce 48% of his melee blow if my calculations were right, and he does 3500 physical damage. 1820 physical damage taken. 875 Fire. Which means I need at least 2700 life to survive a hit? 1840 if he's enfeebled? Somehow that sounds too low?

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Last edited by jawsofhana on Feb 23, 2013, 12:06:50 AM
never ever try to tank the ground slam like ability

the rest is just doging

get a topaz and granite

and 1 panick and 2 instant

you should be fine

i had 3.8k life and 7 endurance charges in the fight means 70% physical(cap) reduction for 14sec i was really tempted to tank the blow but decided not to do cause i lost a 90% reduction 3.5k life mara in closed beta in 1 blow
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
HoroBoro wrote:
Anyone have a round value or is there a site somewhere that lists damage values for bosses/monsters?

Just don't want to get 1-shot by Vaal in cause I get lagged.

~200 more than in Closed beta.

Rocks 700
Laser 1200
Mace 2800

I can promise you it's more than that, I was slammed for ~4k (survived, I had 4.1k), my brother was slammed for ~4k, dead one shot from 3980 hp. Rock hit me for 1.5 and 2.0k.
"
ventiman wrote:
never ever try to tank the ground slam like ability

the rest is just doging

get a topaz and granite

and 1 panick and 2 instant

you should be fine

i had 3.8k life and 7 endurance charges in the fight means 70% physical(cap) reduction for 14sec i was really tempted to tank the blow but decided not to do cause i lost a 90% reduction 3.5k life mara in closed beta in 1 blow

There is no way not to tank at least one hit from him. Due to latency, weird stun mechanics and such, it's completely random if the pre-attack animation actually plays. Also if you are in mid-attack yourself when this happens, you can't use escape abilities either.

You can however stack reduction above the cap, though. Since it is lowered with damage, you can have a lot more than the cap. Which is 90% by the way, not 70. I also believe charges stack on top of the armour reduction, and with enfeeble.

What I asked was the actual numerical damage value, to use with the formula. But I guess nobody here actually knows.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
I took a 6k hit with 20 k armor from the slam
only 80% fire though
Kerkrom survived a 5K hit from maze vaal with 22k armor but enfeeble was on iirc
Last edited by Pam on Feb 23, 2013, 6:22:12 AM
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
Clue wrote:
Well my 12% armor is pretty much 0% anyway. So either way.

I also love how you take the time to bitch about out inaccurate information but provide no calculations to how crushing works or how much the true damage value is. GG Logic.

Damage Reduction = Armour / ( Armour + (12 * Damage) ) BTW

So my necro has about 1000 armor..

2% Damage Reduction to a 3500 dmg physical blow.

It also does 50% Fire dmg.. so

This interests me, too. Since I am ready to go face vaal for the first time in open beta, now.

I have 38976 armour, which means I'll reduce 48% of his melee blow if my calculations were right, and he does 3500 physical damage. 1820 physical damage taken. 875 Fire. Which means I need at least 2700 life to survive a hit? 1840 if he's enfeebled? Somehow that sounds too low?

And then you get RNGd and he crits.
@Aelloon
"
HoroBoro wrote:
Arg... 7 stacks of endurance, 80% fire resists, 2.8k hp, 1 shotted anyways. So assuming 50/50 fire physical, he does at least 3500 (if he crit me) or 7000 if he didn't.

Rocks - I could ignore, laser - I could dodge, ice - I could run around, creeps - I could kill. Vaal too big, misclick + small amount of lag = INSTANT DEATH

DAT HAMMER (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I should have listened... and farmed for a few more levels... or traded for bear traps and used those - Vaal heavy strike >>>>>> mine.

RIP Koeinzell... forgive my impatience...

ur fuckin awful if you got hit by hammer smash
no amount of gear is meant to make it tankable, you're supposed to move your character

play sc?
"
slipperydip wrote:
"
HoroBoro wrote:
Arg... 7 stacks of endurance, 80% fire resists, 2.8k hp, 1 shotted anyways. So assuming 50/50 fire physical, he does at least 3500 (if he crit me) or 7000 if he didn't.

Rocks - I could ignore, laser - I could dodge, ice - I could run around, creeps - I could kill. Vaal too big, misclick + small amount of lag = INSTANT DEATH

DAT HAMMER (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I should have listened... and farmed for a few more levels... or traded for bear traps and used those - Vaal heavy strike >>>>>> mine.

RIP Koeinzell... forgive my impatience...

ur fuckin awful if you got hit by hammer smash
no amount of gear is meant to make it tankable, you're supposed to move your character

play sc?

Such a tool post, it's easy to get slammed because of lag and desync. Woe of woes, I tanked it (without enfeeble or a granite AND getting crit), you should go bitch about that in feedback or suggestions I guess.
Using immortal call while getting slammed and having 75% fire res (with a 32% enfeeble) the incoming fire damage was 1k

then we can assume that the physical damage is 50% and the fire damage without any resistance and enfeeble would be around ~ 6000 fire damage.

So damage before any reductions or curses
6000 physical damage
6000 fire damage
85 fire resist
9 endurance charges
granite flask of iron skin
enfeeble

problem solved
Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Feb 23, 2013, 7:52:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: