Skyforth presents: Chaos Sparkarger (No reflect Crit discharger)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To do list
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Test CoD + Arc (colours)
- Test Atziri
- Test other gem combinations
- Test build variations.... there's a lot (lightning spells)

How does this build work?

This build focuses primarily on Lightning skills and Voltaxic Rift which has been in the game for a long long time. This combination converts all Lightning damage into Chaos damage.

However, what's not been in the game for a long time is Assassin's Mark which we use to it's fullest extent.

We have a main Skill, Spark, to generate power charges when needed. It also has enough dps to clear mobs quite adeptly by itself.

The way this build works is by utilizing Discharge + Power Charges to gain only Lightning damage on Discharge while having maximum crit from the power charges to kill packs of enemies in 1 hit without reflect due to the 100% chaos damage conversion.

Prior to exploding an entire pack, we curse them with Assassin's Mark (supported by increased Area of Effect) so that the majority of the monsters we hit and kill will restore the power charges expended. Our dps with Discharge is enough to one shot any monster other than bosses or exiles, and because it's chaos damage reflect is ignored.

This enables a versatile style of gameplay where we have the option to mow down enemies with Spark while blowing up rares and large packs in 1 go with discharge.

General Overview

This is a new build i've decided to create, using chaos to negate reflect. After seeing the appalling prices of voltaxic i decided i'll pick one up and try it for myself.

Build diversity. You can play it on Shadow or scion. Minor differences.

The basis of this build is to use lightning spells and convert it to chaos damage through Voltaxic Rift.

Arc can be used but requires tough colours to get.

This build is medium expensive, lightning coil 5l+, Voltaxic 4l+ etc etc.

Videos

Build guide video
Gorge Play through <- Watch this one.
Courtyard Clear
Shipyard Clear

Skill setup

This build works best with Spark and discharge. You could probably switch it out for whatever lightning spell you want, but i like using Spark because it generates powercharges extremely fast.

Lightning Coil

Spark-Pcoc-lifeleech-pierce-Spell echo-(GMP/LMP)

Voltaxic Rift

Discharge-Conc Effect-Inc crit strikes-Increased Aoe-Enhance (You really can just use whatever you want. It's tough to get more than 4 blues on voltaxic) 5L is more than enough. Put Arctic Armour in 6th socket

Geofri's Crest

Vaal Spark - GMP - Enhance - Pcoc (or crit damage)

Boots

CWDT-ENDCRY-IC 3L + Single slot Assassin's mark

OR

Vaal spark - GMP - Increased AoE - Assassin's Mark
+
3l CWDT

Gloves

Reduced mana - Haste - Herald of Thunder/Ice - Clarity

Damage

Spark with GMP on a 6L.

Discharge with Enhance as 5L. Essentially a 4l.

Vaal Spark. Fires 150 times...........

Defences

4.3k HP at level 91. It only climbs from here.

Lightning Coil = OP

You don't take much phys damage. You have enough Armour approx 1000-2000 to mitigate small hits with Arctic Armour, and Large hits will be big regardless.

P.S I rarely even touch my HP pots.

Gear

Voltaxic Rift (duh :P)

Lightning Coil - I tried using Cherrubim's Malefience setjesifnsef something like that, and lightning coil gave so much more defence for so little dps loss.

Maligaro's Virtuosity

BIS. Hellbringer = too much mana cost, sustainable but you need the dex anyway.

Helm - Anything you want to cap resist. Geofri's worked for me. Chaos res is nice too

Everything else = Life, Res, mana regen and Crit.

My gear + Links

Playstyle

Run around killing things with Spark.

Find big pack with rares or exile -> Curse all with Ass mark -> BOOM Discharge oneshot and retain powercharges.

Use Vaal Spark when you want, make sure to save for end boss.

Bandits

Life - Passive - Power Charge

Passive Tree

Very early tree. Been using for an hour or two. I will make updates if they come through.

Pierce nodes too good.

Alternate versions

Use Arc in Geofri's Crest. Shock nova instead of discharge.

Switch HoI to Grace. Take sovereignty and drop the nodes under mana regen node right of scion start.

Tried Arc, clears slower than spark and has much much slower powercharge generation. The non crit factor is too strong here.

Credits

If you want to be credited then feel free to feel credited.

Thanks and enjoy :)
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Oct 17, 2014, 11:40:03 PM
Reserved
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Reserved
Crit discharge with 0 reflect? DAMN I WANT VIDS!
Check out my NON CRIT PHYS SPLIT ARROW BOW GUIDE! The deeeps where you couldn't imagine!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242996
"
b1ett0 wrote:
Crit discharge with 0 reflect? DAMN I WANT VIDS!

Gorge vid coming up.
"
Skyforth wrote:

If you want to be credited then feel free to feel credited.
Thanks man.
Nice. I've tinkering with a tree for a dual Apep's Sparker. Looking forward to seeing how you went about this for ideas for my tree. Is crit that much of a benefit even with spark's 5% or is it more for the discharge?
"
Darksparkru2 wrote:
Nice. I've tinkering with a tree for a dual Apep's Sparker. Looking forward to seeing how you went about this for ideas for my tree. Is crit that much of a benefit even with spark's 5% or is it more for the discharge?

Spark- 55% chance to crit. 95% chance to crit on discharge at 5 power charges
Last edited by Skyforth on Oct 16, 2014, 9:50:33 AM
Um, hi.

Beat you to it, so let's see if we can optimize it further :)

I'd really suggest a Drillneck or a Rearguard for Spark - it would add nearly as much if not more DPS, and Rearguard has Proj Speed and Block. I like the idea of using Discharge a lot, but if you're going to do that, why not just use a Voll's and skip the Spark for PCoC? I'd pick one of those skills and work around that one.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 16, 2014, 10:20:48 AM
Hey !!! great build, I also use voltaxic for spell too, but it's Arc skill !!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info