Skyforth presents: Chaos Sparkarger (No reflect Crit discharger)

"
CantripN wrote:
Um, hi.

Beat you to it, so let's see if we can optimize it further :)

I'd really suggest a Drillneck or a Rearguard for Spark - it would add nearly as much if not more DPS, and Rearguard has Proj Speed and Block. I like the idea of using Discharge a lot, but if you're going to do that, why not just use a Voll's and skip the Spark for PCoC? I'd pick one of those skills and work around that one.

If i use Volls i suicide to reflect on fire damage.

I tried Drillneck, it's a minor upgrade , 3.9k to 4.2k dps. Also doesn't affect discharge at all. I don't have a rearguard but i'll take a look. The biggest reason im using my current quiver is for the cold res.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
doivodoigame wrote:
Hey !!! great build, I also use voltaxic for spell too, but it's Arc skill !!!

I wish i could get BBBBBR on lightning coil :)
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Um, hi.

I'd really suggest a Drillneck or a Rearguard for Spark - it would add nearly as much if not more DPS, and Rearguard has Proj Speed and Block. I like the idea of using Discharge a lot, but if you're going to do that, why not just use a Voll's and skip the Spark for PCoC? I'd pick one of those skills and work around that one.

I tried Drillneck, it's a minor upgrade , 3.9k to 4.2k dps. Also doesn't affect discharge at all. I don't have a rearguard but i'll take a look. The biggest reason im using my current quiver is for the cold res.

I meant the Voll's chest, not the Voll's ammy. With the chest you can do Discharge 95% of the time.
If anything, I'd use Victario's Acuity for a Spark build like this.

In general, while I see the appeal in lots of shiny effects, pick one skill:
Spark - go for Drillneck, Victario's Acuity.
Discharge - go for Voll's chest OR use Faster Casting instead of Echo on Spark and get Power Charges as fast as possible (Echo/GMP don't add extra charges), possibly use Spark to apply Curse on Hit as well as gather charges?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 16, 2014, 10:46:38 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Um, hi.

I meant the Voll's chest, not the Voll's ammy. With the chest you can do Discharge 95% of the time.
If anything, I'd use Victario's Acuity for a Spark build like this.

In general, while I see the appeal in lots of shiny effects, pick one skill:
Spark - go for Drillneck, Victario's Acuity.
Discharge - go for Voll's chest OR use Faster Casting instead of Echo on Spark and get Power Charges as fast as possible (Echo/GMP don't add extra charges), possibly use Spark to apply Curse on Hit as well as gather charges?

Would die to mobs hitting me. I will test that though.
Tested. Glass cannon as glass cannon can be. I die to regular hits lol.

"
Skyforth wrote:

Well, you have a rather small Life pool.

I'm doing it on 4500 atm, 5000 by your level (using a Tabula +1, btw). And Frost Wall + CwDT is a HUGE defence (should even work with Spark with that 40-100% Pierce).

If I had a 6L Voll's on Rampage, I'd be using it, and put a Life Leech gem instead of PCoC. Would lower my DPS, but not by all that much.

Standard gear I'll use:

Void Battery + Saffel/Rathpith for Spell Bosses (assuming no Reflect).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 16, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:

Well, you have a rather small Life pool.

I'm doing it on 4500 atm, 5000 by your level (using a Tabula +1, btw). And Frost Wall + CwDT is a HUGE defence (should even work with Spark with that 40-100% Pierce).

If I had a 6L Voll's on Rampage, I'd be using it, and put a Life Leech gem instead of PCoC. Would lower my DPS, but not by all that much.

Standard gear I'll use:

Void Battery + Saffel/Rathpith for Spell Bosses (assuming no Reflect).

Even 6000 hp wouldn't be enough. Eitherway, i've got a lot of combinations to test, priority being CoD and arc atm. Not sure how Arc would fair for power charge generation.
I dont see the point to use Voltaxic , when there are a lot better ways to counter reflect... ( and gain back the use of wand/shield ... )
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
I dont see the point to use Voltaxic , when there are a lot better ways to counter reflect... ( and gain back the use of wand/shield ... )

Uh.. Crit discharge has had problems with reflect since literally forever.
IGN: xBilldozerx
Tested Arc 5l with empower and lifeleech. Spark clears faster and has better PC gen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info