Race Season Nine Preliminary Information

"

A new type of race mechanic we're testing for Season Nine is an event where the ladder consists of the time it took for players to kill a specific boss (for example, Vaal Oversoul). This type of event encourages a completely different style of racing than we've seen so far.

AWSOME !! it what i ask since 1 year, so much better than just reach an easy area and farm it for 1 hour....

I hope there will be still a lot of descent of champion it so cool
Last edited by keta on Oct 6, 2014, 12:09:30 PM
more or less like most seasons, i realy thought you came up with something cool.
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588
Last edited by thehorus on Oct 6, 2014, 12:43:35 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Dear GGG,

I hope, with the shorter seasons, reward balance is tailored to appeal to more players. The alt art unique requiring the most points should be achievable by more than 0.2% of participants.

The disparity has been pretty significant. The way you've been doing it is not exciting or motivating enough given that, season after season, we see 99% of participants fail to reach the 600 point reward (with somewhere around 95% failing to reach even the 135 point reward). I think many of us would like to see better rewards for the top 20% of players (rather than slanting everything so heavily toward the top 0.6%). Afterall, race participation has an opportunity cost (time you forgo farming or experience progression on a more efficient character or in a more efficient setting) - the potential reward for paying that opportunity cost has to at least appear accessible to much more than the tiniest fraction of players.

One potential solution is to adjust the reward structure for achieving a certain level to resemble a logarithmic function (meaning, the reward increases at decreasing rates, so you can award more at the low end).

Yes please!

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
Maybe you should learn how to race instead of whining? Lets change racing so any idiot can stay afk and get a demi, GGG please!!!
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Hype
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
Nice to see new contests, but 4 weeks are pretty short, isn't it ? May be it should end when a goal has been reached, like season ends, when 100 exiles have reached level 100...

Btw, please add date and time level 100 reached goal on the ladder please, in order to avoid any contest
"
PizzaBiere wrote:
Nice to see new contests, but 4 weeks are pretty short, isn't it ? May be it should end when a goal has been reached, like season ends, when 100 exiles have reached level 100...

Btw, please add date and time level 100 reached goal on the ladder please, in order to avoid any contest
So basically race is a fesh start, no items etc?
Will there be a fixed seed besides the famine event? I ask because I started playing just before season 7, and I thought the 85 minute fixed seed was great for training a new player. I learned a LOT running that race. Since it was fixed seed I could measure my progress through the season.

I really like the idea of a race to kill a boss. The overlord seems like a pretty long race though. I've had top 10-20 in class less than 1/3 of the way through act 2. I think for a large number of players an overlord race may be too long of a time commitment. Will people be able to take breaks? For example would it be the equivalent of /age or /played?

As for the shorter season, I have mixed feelings. I remember last season starting to feel like a bit of a grind toward the end. But 4 weeks just seems too short, almost to the point of feeling stressful to perform strong right out of the gate. Last season I was surprised how "out of shape" I was at the beginning of the season. I think it probably took a week to really get on a roll. A shorter season also gives new players less of a chance to feel good about their progress through the season.

Oh yea, more BLAMT and ELBLAMT please. :)

"
So basically race is a fesh start, no items etc?

Correct. You start at Twilight with nothing in stash. After the race, your character and gear will transfer to either the HC or Standard league (depending on if you stay alive or not).
Last edited by harddaysnight on Oct 6, 2014, 2:26:05 PM
"
one-week Rampage/Beyond hybrid league

Rip free time.
"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info