Tabula Rasa - Simple Robe

Can someone explain to me what is this item used for and how much is worth? I don't know what to do with it since it has no stats on it and all gems are white.
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2016, 2:41:24 PM
Man this guy is old school as fuck lol dayum guy.

A rasa is within 1-2 exalted's

A white slot means any gem can go into it regardless

A rasa is 6L automatically meaning an EZ time for 6L combinations hence It's worth a bit.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
First, it's 6L (six linked). Which makes it excellent for skill gems.

Second, it's got white sockets which will accept any color gem. No more worries about matching colors.

Third, it's got no level requirement. This makes it excellent for starting characters. Starting characters don't get support gems for some time, so it doesn't really shine until about level 10, but 10-30 it's a great item.

Keep it. It's very functional once you understand how to use it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
First, it's 6L (six linked). Which makes it excellent for skill gems.

Second, it's got white sockets which will accept any color gem. No more worries about matching colors.

Third, it's got no level requirement. This makes it excellent for starting characters. Starting characters don't get support gems for some time, so it doesn't really shine until about level 10, but 10-30 it's a great item.

Keep it. It's very functional once you understand how to use it.

If you use IR and a shield, it 's a very cheap 6L. Just make sure to make up for the stats in your other gear.
Also great for testing out different support gem combos without having to switch the colors around on your actual armor.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
In case you still do not understand what we are telling you. The probability of getting a 6L is 1/2000, so yeah...that is what the item is for.
It is the perfect example of what a unique item should be.

Quite nice for testing ideas. Very fun item!
"
Deadpeng wrote:
In case you still do not understand what we are telling you. The probability of getting a 6L is 1/2000, so yeah...that is what the item is for.

Far lower, in fact. I just wanted to throw that out there as a word of caution.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
"
It is the perfect example of what a unique item should be.

This times a thousand.

Tabula Rasa is (so far) the best balanced, most true to form unique in the game. It fills a very specific role by allowing people to try new things without first needing to dump their entire lifes savings into trying to get 6 off colors on the only 6L they have or somehting.

It provides a benefit that is useful (no level requirement, 6L, no colors on sockets) but not OP, while creating a downside that is appropriate (no stats). I wish more uniques were as well balanced.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
I do love that item. I've used it on several of my builds throughout the game, and my level 85 aura/trapper hybrid from domination league never would have been a reality without it. It's a powerful tool when used appropriately, while also being incredibly weak if used in appropriately. It's best unique.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info