Uber Atziri kill metrics -- 100% snapshotters, 86% lowlife ranged

"
SirLoin wrote:
The biggest problem is the DPS barrier for killing Atziri's adds. You're going to need a minimum of about 25k DPS to be able to kill her adds without letting too many of them heal her. Melee builds would likely require much higher DPS since they have less time to attack the adds because they spawn at a distance. For most builds, it's extremely hard to achieve that level of DPS without giving up too much survivability.

I currently do it as low-life spectral throw and I snapshot my auras on life with Malachai's. I plan on trying it with no snapshotting once I finally find the Axe, but atm there's no reason for me to risk 16-17ex just to prove something. That's the biggest problem with the whole thing. If snapshotting is available for you to use, there's no reason to not do it when you're risking so much.

Agreed.
IGN: Iski
"
The biggest problem is the DPS barrier for killing Atziri's adds. You're going to need a minimum of about 25k DPS to be able to kill her adds without letting too many of them heal her. Melee builds would likely require much higher DPS since they have less time to attack the adds because they spawn at a distance. For most builds, it's extremely hard to achieve that level of DPS without giving up too much survivability.

This is indeed a correct observation. All of the earlier fights have no DPS check, not really.

I did all of those fights with a 3000k EK coc build and because i am an EHP tank i survived easily there. However in the last fight (atziri) there is a simple

"reach X damage per second or GTFO scrub" check, like you say this is even more highlighted for a melee character due to the movement required when the mobs spawn from dual lanes.

This is simply gear check upon gear check upon build check, disabling this fight for roughly 85% of the possible builds out there i imagine.

But here comes the funny part to this story. Righteous fire is considered one of the "get to" builds for farming atziri, while in reality it is not even atziri viable.

The reason i say that, is because even with roughly 200% increased dps from snapshotting, they still "just" are able to pass the dps check phase. So in reality, it is not even intended for the most popular build farming her to do it.

Honestly with the dps check thing going on, i see no reason for a melee to not just swap to spectral throw in this fight. It's sad really because its a fun fight if you got the mechanics down. But if you end up like me, you are just fighting atziri until the heal phase, then she heals to full and you can start over from 0 again. (i did this 11 times before i said fuck it, portaled out and reset the lab instance)

It's sad to see tank builds are basically given a big "Nope.jpg" from GGG for this challenge.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
SirLoin wrote:
If snapshotting is available for you to use, there's no reason to not do it when you're risking so much.

Bingo. Players should use whatever means game allows them to. The issue is not players snapshotting, the issue is GGG allowing snapshotting and the issue is GGG making content that forces players into snapshotting.

Though, I imagine it's gonna get fixed reasonably soon. If it's true game is balanced with snapshotting in mind, they'll have to do some rebalancing afterwards, buff some skills, nerf some monsters.
"
Same level of cheese as D2 really

D2 uber killers:
100% Smite
86% Grief

What? I killed him with my frenzy barb within days of him being released.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Hey,

big thanks for picking up my final portal earlier on my failed first attempt at uber.

Vaals were very easy, and I don't anticipate trouble with the actual Atziri fight, but I was not ready for the fight against the three yet.

I respecced out of a lot of my damage to get to 7.1k es for the run but I need much better physical defenses to survive in that fight. Thanks for trying earlier :)

- Jake

No problem man! Yeah the second fight is definitely the toughest part. Try using self cast Enduring Cry and Immortal Call. You can build up endurance charges before you enter the room. Once it expires just keep using whirling blades in a circle around the room while stopping to cast enduring cry. Just do this and stay mobile while Immortal Call is down until the first boss is dead. It should get pretty easy after that since you can get 3 charges easily from the adds that spawn.
IGN: @AmbushedByDongers
Shop and mirror service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/984191
lvl 95 Physical Crit Bow Gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073300
We are taking Uber Atziri here, not normal Atziri.

Uber bosses are all level 80 and have 100% more health and damage.
Any rough estimate how much dps is req to take yber-Atziri minions? I currently am about 74k with frenzys with spikes into 80k. Also I use a temp chains totem on normal atziri to slow the minions down.
Last edited by Sig556 on May 10, 2014, 9:07:07 PM
Jin was maybe third to kill her, a lifebased 2h cyclone. Mywoe killed her too
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Jin was maybe third to kill her, a lifebased 2h cyclone. Mywoe killed her too

Link to vids showing Uber Atziri map and Uber Atziri kill pls (not normal Atziri) and I can update the metrics.
Last edited by Marmeduke on May 11, 2014, 10:57:00 AM
Do you really think all people who killed her made youtube video? Your "metrics" is absolutely off and says nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info