State of Exile Episode 5: Meeta Chris Wilson!

Anybody have some tl;dw notes?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Listened to it in the background while playing. Enjoyed it.
In the future if theres another guest, may I suggest to ask other people for their questions before the podcast starts so not only do you pick the best ones but also so you don't repeat them. Given the technical difficulties, you did a good job pulling it together.
I might give it another listen and jot down the notable things Chris says, but one thing that stood out to me is that he said GGG is likely to give everyone full skill resets every 4 months now regardless of skill tree changes.
Hege really... uh... needs to... uh... work on the "uh"s

Meant in the nicest way possible, but it really gets annoying after 10 minutes or so.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
rrtson wrote:
Hege really... uh... needs to... uh... work on the "uh"s

Meant in the nicest way possible, but it really gets annoying after 10 minutes or so.

I uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh gree
"
faction55 wrote:

only a noob cares about desync

just go away noob

if you dont understand why desync is there, why it can never be fully removed and where ggg stand on it then yes, you are a noob who needs to go away and read the mountains of info and official statements already made on the issue, get over it, and then get on with caring about issues that are actually fluid and relevant rather than bash your head against a wall with your fingers in your ears crying about something you havent even bothered to inform yourself about.

do you go to church every sunday and cry at the vicar about how stupid death is, demanding god removes it from irl? Sometimes you got to take yourself out of a blinkered autistic loop and just learn to take reality on the chin.
Anybody care to summarize? And make Chris stop talking about Trade all day?

Trading is a necessity, but it's an unfortunate one.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
A transcript would be nice.
"
karlklaps wrote:
SO im listening right now.

They talk about how to trade and how hard it is to trade and that trade is important and u have to learn to trade.

U know what thats exactly why i havent played for 1 month now .

I dont want a trade simulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i stopped playing old d3 for exactly that reason.

Sad i thought i maybe would hear exactly the opposite.

edit.
also at the end someone said it shouldnt get much easier to 6 link because ppl they bought lots of them for flipping would feel bad(listen closely).What a bunch of bullshit fuck flippers
6 link is pure fun if wasnt lucky enough to get one early i would have stopped playing a long time ago.

I appreciate what you are saying here. I dont want to be antagonistic so please dont read what Im about to say as if Ive put that angle on it. I mean no harm or ill will.

Thing is with this podcast, each of the people involved has a specific subject they are bringing up to discuss in the podcast that week. This week Heges topic was "Trading Patterns & Economic Trends". That was his theme for this week, so hes not saying the game is all about sitting around trading all day, Hege has lvl100 characters, this guy has played the hell out of this game, hes a proper grinder. But hes also a smart trader with his finger on that pulse and hes just sharing information this week for people who maybe dont have a good grip on trading and could benefit from a bit of knowledge and history on the subject.

"
lolbam wrote:
PoE.... esports... lol

i skipped around the video all they talk about is races

I thought this was all about trading :D. Terrex was the number 1 ranked racer last season, so his input and weekly topics usually revolve around the racing side of things. This weeks topic for him was powerhouse builds and under powered builds in racing. Im not a big race guy, Im not a big trade guy, but some people are and some people could be if they get some solid knowledge on the subject from an expert, so we got to respect these are important parts of the PoE world and have a place in a PoE podcast.

Zenos all about trying builds, testing out stuff that isnt flavour of the month, maybe stuff that has never really entered the wider public conciousness of the community in the way Kripps bm crit freezepulser did back in the day, searing bond, rf and flameblast are atm etc. This week his theme was self casting spell builds, where they sit atm, pros and cons etc.

Not all this info is for everyone, but I think if you are dedicated players or even casual players who want to gain a greater understanding of the game its ALL good info. Builds, trading, skills, racing/leveling, gear, its all linked and the more your brain tunes in and understands the concepts being put out by the 3 guys the more rounded, informed and ultimately effective player you can become in all aspects of the game. I wouldnt jump to hate because on the surface some of the info doesnt seem tailored to your experience of the game so far. Its healthy to see the bigger picture regardless of how much it directly effects how you play right now. This is very much a game of knowledge from all angles and its systems are interwoven, knowledge from one aspect can have an impact on others.

So dont be too quick to dismiss, if you love the game and have the time then take that time to hear it out and maybe youll pick up more than you realise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info