IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Apr 7, 2014, 6:49:57 AM
"
RoyalStar wrote:
great patch but:

1) boss skipping still there

As long as people only skip because they don't want to kill them because they rather farm exp then that is okay. Before they skipped them because they didn't want to die.

"
RoyalStar wrote:

2) map mods without sense still there

Map mods still need work.

"
RoyalStar wrote:

3) snapshotting and expoites still there

As far as I know, snapshotting is hard to fix. On the other hand summoner snapshotting is so hard that it is almost fair to do.

"
RoyalStar wrote:

4) crazy capitalist trade still there

Who ever said it shouldn't? Or what is your alternative?

"
RoyalStar wrote:

5) high price for run end level maps still there

Price is set by players and not by GGG

"
RoyalStar wrote:

6) legacies still there

And they always will be, because that's a big thank you for those who played PoE since the dawn of time.

"
RoyalStar wrote:

7) pvp and challenges still not there

Yeah please update on PVP. Actually am really interested in it!

"
RoyalStar wrote:

8) desync will alyaws be there

Pretty much, but I hope they find ways to make it less visible.
"
Dynuel wrote:
"
They should of just gave you lot the arena or whatever and that's it.

Should have

btw. I am not a native english speaker

It's a British thing.

Anyway, should have implemented a "recall minion" skill/ability BEFORE nerfing fucking smoke mine. How long will we have to struggle with terrible minion AI now just because a couple guys used it to kill Atziri? Half the maps in the game with maze layouts are unplayable now.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Summoner Issue:

Indoor has always been problematic. The Eva Shield was useful for some bosses since even 6k zombies are down in a sec. So you:

- have to recast spectres more often (+you wont find the right ones on the maps ur playing)

- You end up in situations where Evas block the boss while you permacast totems. - Won't work with shield nerf very well.

- It seems that Concentrated Effect now NEEDS longer duration. Nerfing the latter would have been an alternative without making the former useless in terms of defence.

- you have to collect spectres more often while group is rdy

- I like a slower gameplay (yea i'm old :P) so running from cover to cover was a nice thing espacially during suppressive fire.

- entering crowded rooms "per pedes" is getting more difficult. 180 degree shield behind door was very nice. As witch - survivability is an issue.

- Summoners still lack gear. Midnight Bargain = -30% life so Shield was a nice buff to compensate that a litte at least.

- Minions don't scale well enough for endgame maps.

- Stuck minions scale your defence and offence to a great extend. -> I don't use smoke mine but i see the issue and know why ppl are pissed.

- Not all Minion gems are useful -> limited possibilities.

- You could handle Instability somehow with Evas but now its more likely they're down. Which makes the node useless for someone who likes his spectres. -> recasting zombies a lot + running Auras is problematic.

- Game still lacks several types of spectres and easy ways to collect them. You always need several minutes to get em. Evas are one the most friendly spectres when it comes to survivability and graphics. I love Sentinels but the gmp screenarmageddon is no fun = makes em useless for non-solo games.

Its not like "end of the World" feeling or so. But why? And what do we get in return? Its more like a decline after stagnation. Most of my complains are pre-patch complains -> but I don't see an advantage or new possibilities.

@Arc: Thx - not tested yet but sounds promising for my Arc witch!
Looks like some summoners got together and took a group photo in honor of this patch.

Spoiler
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
"
AlexOP wrote:
Nice, the patch notes are here! Thx GGG
Edit: Substantial nerf to summoner, well i think... , is this gonna screw up most summoner lol?

Or reduce their customer base.

But your can laugh about that for a while longer. I give PoE another year before the customer base is too small to continue development at its current pace.

Flame Sentinels now become the Minion of choice: They deal substantially more damage than Evangelists. Expect people to start screaming "nerf Flame Sentinels" by this time next week.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Apr 7, 2014, 7:08:21 AM
"
Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

WHAT !!!!

try to do a map like undeground sea river or labyrinth without this skill
and we talk about again

i like your game i like you but sometime i hate you for doing really stupid thing

a pretty angry player
That evangelist change :( to bad for that i am summoner lover....
How can i survive on high level map with mith my minions ?

then Atziri just a dream for me....
Well need to wait for another patch to come!!!!!
hope Summoner can handle the bosses without problems then

i think i need to stop playing this game......
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863977

my shop !!
Last edited by irfanane007 on Apr 7, 2014, 7:15:26 AM
Tested the Eva shield nerf.

Now has ~40% uptime (down from ~70%) without inc. duration. Doesn't bother me much as I only use the summoner to MF mid-70 maps, but I imagine endgame summoners will be less than thrilled.

Smoke Mine nerf hurts a lot more across all levels.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Apr 7, 2014, 7:13:22 AM
"Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated."
whyyyyyy?!?!?!?

good job making this gem utterly useless now, up until now at least summoners used it
Last edited by Antistes on Apr 7, 2014, 7:17:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info