An Introduction to Cut-throat Mode

"
jfpforever wrote:
so most self respecting players in the US will be at work or school during both times? guess this is intended for eu players only

in europe, we also have work/school ;)

First race is a good eu time, and maybe the last one if you don't come home too late (7 pm start). Others are in the middle of the night or during work time.
I think the races are placed well, everyone should be able to play once.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
CT mode will not be enough for griefers. race format is cool for 2h event but not for entire league

grieferes are going to moan and moan because what they want is ability to PK lvl 30 players while being 92 themselves

they dont want competition, thrills or challenge. they want to be annoying :)
As usual your cutthroat race schedule has at most 1 race out of 6 that could be done by someone in the US with a full time job. Two others have reasonable start times, except they are 12 and 6 hour races.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Yazariael wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
KarraKurri wrote:

I expect usual bullshit about 'we received overhelmingly positive feedback about cutthroat' just like wilson recenlty said on reddit about feedback about SotV. I must say i spit my coffe when i read this.

U MAB BRO?
SOTV is awesome; esp corrupted zones, leagues, Vaal Orbs, and even Vaal gems... but you need to know how to use them... so I guess L2P

Jaja, especially the bad leech mechanics, invasion balance which almost destroyes 90% of melee builds, right?

Let me guess, you play ambush or a ranged character? :)

So don´t comment if You not havy any clue.

My facebreaker is almost level 86, 1/2 the bosses are tankable simply with arctic armor... so yeah, L2P
"
reboticon wrote:
As usual your cutthroat race schedule has at most 1 race out of 6 that could be done by someone in the US with a full time job. Two others have reasonable start times, except they are 12 and 6 hour races.

Guess they hate you for being American :)
I really hope this doesn't fail :D
The majority of people who want this mode do not want griefed, they are PVP'rs at heart. We'd certainly expect some form of leveling field be it zone restrictions or what have you, and we wouldn't care when we die - we'd just roll with it.

But sure, there will be mass crying from being griefed, and griefers who want to annoy. Until the league gets sorted that's to be expected - so stay in deathvasion or ambushleague if it will hurt too much...
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
I am interested in a potential longer duration cutthroat-league. Something like a month or more, until then I doubt I will participate much, if at all.
"
reboticon wrote:

Sigh... it's 2014 and there are still Americans who think the world revolves around them. I think GGG do their best to accommodate all time zones, not just yours. You realise people have full time jobs in other parts of the world too right?
So I played my first CT and I'm kinda dissapointed...

1. It seems most people are playing this as a regular PvE up to some point. Was really hard engaging in some pvp.
2. I don't know what spare set of gear Chris is talking about because the drop rates don' allow for a spare set of gear. Once you die, it's not that you lose your items, it's that you lose your gems. I died and didn't have any meelee skill left, because 'the spare' set gems didn't drop, and i used up my quest rewards.
3. Lag. Desync. Whatever it is, it's considerably more worse that in standard leagues and it makes a precise maneuvering in duels a shit job, so it's not about who is more skillful but who desyncs less and manages to get the first hit. Because:
4. Chill&Freeze. Honestly, every CT i watched was a glaciar hammer spammfest, but I somehow hoped you would have fixed this by now. Reduce the effects of freeze and chill in CT, please.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 19, 2014, 4:33:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info