Content Update 1.1.1 has been Deployed!

"
Chris wrote:
(...)the question is more about whether to start mentioning them a week before they're going to be ready.

I prefer a heads up for two reasons:

1) It let's me plan out ahead of time when I can play without being interupted by downtime.
2) It let's me know what to expect for the patch and builds up my excitement. It also let's me theory craft the new changes and let my friends know a new patch is coming. Thus, hype. (This is the more important reason :D )
Last edited by Nicksiren on Mar 14, 2014, 3:07:11 PM
This patch caught me by positive surprise - both for date and content. I really really like the changes for the invasion bosses. Risk vs reward has to be on spot for them I think.

Keep on going. Deploy patches if you think they are ready, I think there is no need for informing a week ahead. Will be happy either way obviously though. ;)
Hey, i'm having some trouble in Ambush with a certain type of skills, like flameblast, it simply does not work, and lightining trap the same thing, it's a little weird, but can you look at that, it simply does not respond, i can cast the spell, but i can't do any damage at all to the monsters. Anyone with the same problem?
I got the right gear, and the gems are in the right level, but it simply does not work
"
godofdun wrote:
A day or so ahead of time would be best IMO. Enough notice to get excited and prepared for the downtime, and short enough time for you guys to be sure it's ready.

Agreed. I would rather have a few days vs a week.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
"
Hamallainen wrote:
I think you should work on the patches until they're ready.
And only when they're ready, you could make an announcement post like "Tomorrow patch 1.1.x will be deployed at XX:XX hour." with a few teasers of what to expect but no patch notes until it's deployed.

This way you still have the hype but will not have complaints like "OMG GGG you said the patch would be out Wednesday. We're Wednesday + 1 minute and still nothing. POE is dead, i'm dying. Chris Wilson took the money and emigrated in Argentina. You cheated us, i want my mommy"

+1
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Monsterjudge wrote:
It was like, 'surprise! buttsex!' but waaaayyy better.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who thought "SURPRISE BUTTPATCH"
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
My opinion on the method by which patch releases are mentioned... I am willing to trust your judgement, GGG.

After browsing through the thread, there are good points for week-before and day-before strategies, but those points aren't mutually exclusive.

Perhaps either 7 or 1 day prior notice depending on the nature of the patch. If the patch involves economy changes, announce it quickly before it goes live so people cannot cheat; if there is balance and build restructuring, maybe give us more time so the theory crafters can work out their plans.

Personally, it is kind of all the same to me. I'm not good enough at building my own character to be an early adopter of new mechanics, nor do I trade enough to participate in the payer-to-player economy. Fundamentally speaking, however, since the game has largely been based on ethical gameplay since the beginning, I think it most integrous to just try to make it fair for most players. I mean, you can't ever please everybody, but so long as the motivation behind your choices are largely influenced by fair play, I think most of us can pretty much get on board.

Like what you did with the Party allocation options was, for me, an awesome example of problem-solving by fairness after reading all the feedback.
As for do we want warning of patches:
Yes.
Its nice to be able to plan things ahead of time. Theres something in the anticipation of an event that adds to the overall enjoyment of it. Also its fun to compete at trying to be the first to find that new unique or new content.

But if this is a question of resources...
If not giving us a warning would increase the amount of new content generated by even 5%, i would say the content is worth the payoff.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
Chris wrote:
"
Ship 'em as you finish them IMO.

I agree, but the question is more about whether to start mentioning them a week before they're going to be ready.

I like being in control of my surroundings, so I prefer the announcements approach.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
Last edited by NCPereira on Mar 14, 2014, 10:21:37 PM
Flameblast needed the nerf and the buff from the original. I 3 shot piety before the nerf, but only because it took 3 times to proc the burn damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info