1.1.1 Patch Notes

"
Serleth wrote:
At the end of it, if you built your character around a skill that was unintentionally buffed with no mention of it in the patch notes, you should've expected a nerf to the overbuff to come into play at some point.

At which juncture, it's kind of your fault for not reading the patch notes and seeing that there was no mention of a buff at all.

Does that make sense ?? ... if so I'm struggling and apologise. You use a skill that is not mentioned in any patch notes and think ... cool, I'm squishy but do big damage, noice. How was I to realise it had even been buffed, let alone unintentionally. I'm not having a crack, just thinking it seems illogical. I couldn't really anticipate a nerf to something I did not know had happened, especially in light of unspecified "buffs for casters, with more to come"

I repeat, it's not that bad, but 30% is big cut. Single player it has been great fun, and hopefully still will be.
Last edited by The_Baron_of_Beef on Mar 14, 2014, 1:36:49 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Anyone claiming to 1shot those mobs simply doesn't know what they're talking about.
It's not 1shotting, it's 11shotting, as the chargeup which means increased risk and timing, is required.

No. 1 charge + ignite damage + flammability = 1 shotting.

No. Setting something on fire and letting it burn to death is not '1 shotting'. This would be the equivalent argument as dropping a searing bond totem 1 shots everything because they burn to death......
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Atmoz wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
As a flameblast main user, if my dps drops by too much, wellllll I'm just done with 4-month leagues lol.

Even main flameblast users should agree that the damage was simply too high.

1 shotting 6 player hp mobs is not balanced.

It looks like 1.10 Flameblast took a 30% Nerf.

Players weren't one-shotting 6 player mobs, they were 3-5 or 10 shotting them. Holding Flameblast for maximum charges is akin to attacking numerous times with a regular skill.

In many group games, other players would kill most of the mobs before I could even get a 4-5 charge flameblast up and triggered.

Was this nerf needed? Quite possibly. I just got my lvl 60 char with junky gear to Act 3 merciless, so I can't say yet, and I can't disagree with the Nerf.

I do disagree with the "one-shot" idea.

This. The only time the skill was even remotely useful was against blue-packs / rares and unique monsters. Otherwise shit was dead before you even finished casting or it just moved out of the way.
"
Ascendic wrote:
This.

ditto
so the story goes, i told my girlfriend they nerfed my main skill quite significantly. her response "that's because they found out you were too tight"

and then i continued to one shot things cause it's still that good.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
DestroTheGod wrote:

31.92828108469291% nerf... (Math probably wrong, I suck at math)

G.G. Keep your eyes out for my 6l searing touch giveaway. Quitting tonight till next 4-month leagues. Was fun.

Take care and stay safe, be assured you will not be missed. The same for all of those who bitch and whine cause their skill got "nerfed", or their unique is "not usable" anymore, or that the Atziri fight is only for those who RMT or always group up. These changes are obviously fixes to otherwise already fun skills/items/mechanics/bosses, no need for something to be broken to really feel good and have your fun with it right?

As always, well done GGG you addressed some matters that a lot of people saw that were overpowered/unbalanced/broken and you did very fast too. Lets just hope now that killing invasion bosses is worth the risk.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Does that make sense ?? ... if so I'm struggling and apologise. You use a skill that is not mentioned in any patch notes and think ... cool, I'm squishy but do big damage, noice. How was I to realise it had even been buffed, let alone unintentionally. I'm not having a crack, just thinking it seems illogical. I couldn't really anticipate a nerf to something I did not know had happened, especially in light of unspecified "buffs for casters, with more to come"

I repeat, it's not that bad, but 30% is big cut. Single player it has been great fun, and hopefully still will be.

Fair enough for newer players, yes. But for long standing players who started a flameblast build after, my point stands.

"
No. Setting something on fire and letting it burn to death is not '1 shotting'. This would be the equivalent argument as dropping a searing bond totem 1 shots everything because they burn to death......

One shot / cast. Then it dies. It's one-shotting.

Even if you classify "one shotting" as 1-charge and the mob dies, then okay I suppose, but it hardly did that in mid to higher level maps anyways, or really anywhere in merciless unless you were overlevelled. Then the whole qq about one-shot vs can't do it now is moot anyway.

"
This. The only time the skill was even remotely useful was against blue-packs / rares and unique monsters. Otherwise shit was dead before you even finished casting or it just moved out of the way.

Nope. This build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/748618

My ignite damage clears mobs often before melee can go chase them.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 14, 2014, 1:59:54 AM
"
"
DestroTheGod wrote:

G.G. Keep your eyes out for my 6l searing touch giveaway. Quitting tonight till next 4-month leagues. Was fun.

Take care and stay safe, be assured you will not be missed. The same for all of those who bitch and whine cause their skill got "nerfed", or their unique is "not usable" anymore, or that the Atziri fight is only for those who RMT or always group up. These changes are obviously fixes to otherwise already fun skills/items/mechanics/bosses, no need for something to be broken to really feel good and have your fun with it right?

As always, well done GGG you addressed some matters that a lot of people saw that were overpowered/unbalanced/broken and you did very fast too. Lets just hope now that killing invasion bosses is worth the risk.

What did I do to you to get you so worked up to insult me with 'you will not be missed'? Why are you even responding to me? Do I know you?

lol
"
Ascendic wrote:

Exactly. In party you have a really hard time ever aiming at anything before it dies. Only for blue packs do you get a chance to charge up and make a big boom and then yes, for standing still several seconds I want some effect. It is dangerous as hell to do that in poe.

Now the skill is back to the garbage can, no matter if it still deals "ok damage". For ok damage I have skills I can kite and play a lot more efficient with.
"
"
DestroTheGod wrote:

You would make an excellent pr advisor to companies. "Screw those customers! Best insult them on their way out!"

You might want to give your comments a little more thought next time. it is quite embarrassing to read such nonsense.
Last edited by Burgingham on Mar 14, 2014, 2:27:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info