The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

Not for me at all.

As as long long wow player i saw to many people posing and only killing inexperienced player.

I think there are a few people who like the challenge. But if its like other cut throad enabling games the most people who play this are sadists or mollicoddies. If i have nothing to say at home i can show it in game.

thats only my personal exerience. ( i saw some of the people not only in game)

but as long as it is an option i have no problem with it.

And if in this game only challanging players play it -> should they have fun.

The two events i tried it in races only higher level and verry good equipt players try
to kill me. but as a rabbit i know to escape from such big slow rihnos. So they cant kill me.

But fun is that not for me. I prefere playing allone for fun and recovery.

My job and life is challenging enough i dont need this in game. :-)
"
benkeia wrote:
increase magic find, it would be very nice if this type of events would have better drops for how they last, that way people may be abel to fight with awesome gear instead of all white or blue 0 build diversity but spaming 1 skill

I disagree. I believe in the total opposite. This would be a normal league so better to have no IMF no IIQ. Dont need to flood the market on the get go.

Cutthroat in the aRPG genre has never been anything more than PK griefing, and nothing in this post seems to change that. All these people using euphemistic language like "challenge" and "competition" when they are really just fantasizing about robbing low-level players of their gear.

I really hate to see time spent on this type of thing. It seems that a lot of resources are being spent on such a tiny fraction of the player base when there are so many other areas of the game that people would love to see expanded.
This is really cool but I honestly don't understand the no grouping thing. Grouping to kill bosses is pretty much impossible as ranged shooting over melee will never happen. Large aoes like ice nova, and smart target gems like chain/arc would be never used. Spell totem and minions as well because they could inadvertently friendly fire.

Am I understanding this wrong?
I am certainly up for a permanent league .. :)
"
PoppaGrim wrote:

Cutthroat in the aRPG genre has never been anything more than PK griefing, and nothing in this post seems to change that. All these people using euphemistic language like "challenge" and "competition" when they are really just fantasizing about robbing low-level players of their gear.

I really hate to see time spent on this type of thing. It seems that a lot of resources are being spent on such a tiny fraction of the player base when there are so many other areas of the game that people would love to see expanded.

I personally love Cutthroat not to invade other players, but to get invaded and beat the crap out of would-be PKers. The only time I invade an instance is when it's empty so I can just run through to the next area when I don't have the waypoint.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
i hope they make it so that you dont lose all your gear at once, maybe only 1 piece or with a small chance more

if someone here knows tibia, the pvp version runs the exact same idea where you lose the whole inventory + 1 item of the gear you wear i think thats really the best option
ign: ALLRAUDER
On s'en fou de toutes vos MaJ !! On veut juste un mutli-langue !
"
I personally love Cutthroat not to invade other players, but to get invaded and beat the crap out of would-be PKers. The only time I invade an instance is when it's empty so I can just run through to the next area when I don't have the waypoint.

While I do believe that you personally are telling the truth, I've played way too many games over the years--including past PoE cutthroat events--to believe that even 1% of the people who want cutthroat are after anything but a robbery fantasy.

Personally, I love PVP... I have an insane LoL/DOTA2 addiction and a console fighter library that would make a Capcom executive jealous. But cutthroat mode is not PVP, it is PK. I'm a bit upset to hear everyone calling it PVP because that is misleading players about what is being offered. [Kudos to GGG for being brutally honest and calling it cutthroat].

Good PVP has one thing in common: it finds a way to eliminate gear level differentials and force players to compete using strategy and skill. Note too, that eliminating gear level differentials doesn't mean you can't still have gear diversity.
Any plans to see instances across all realms?

Having to log out and change realms to hunt down a realm hopper really put a damper on the action and flow of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info