SotV Deployment Timeline and Updated Patch Notes

"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Isn't that the point of the Scion? To be the better choice if you need to get to opposite sides of the Tree?

That's how I saw it, and that's how it should be imho.
"
ComradBlack wrote:
(Eat it BM summoners, they did about 15x the damage of a fully supported Viper Strike, without the need to even attack the thing first)

Is cool. There are other options for BM's. not as OP but still good. You are still stuck with your "fully supported Viper Strike". :-/

Was expecting more changes in tree. Mara area sure got buffed up, but left with still some lacklustre nodes.

It is strange that with nerf to scion hp circle there are nodes with same +%hp AND +%mana, which I don't mind.

Many buffs and nerfs all around. Looks like GGG was busy with spreadsheets past month :D
Nice, can't w8 to start.
Niiice! Thanks for the offline tree Chris!!
Invasion:
IGN @ TestRound
IGN @ allincall
"
noobdw wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
So let's sum this patch up:
- more gated content
- more RNG through Vaal orbs
- leech nerfed
- summoner nerfed
- spell totems nerfed
- early and mid ST nerfed
- scion nerfed
- Life based characters slightly nerfed
- Elusiveness notable removed
- vaal pact nerfed
- Berserking nerfed
- crit multi nerfed
- couple of uniques nerfed
- drop rates nerfed through removal of IIQ

Buffs:
- barrage
- desecrate
- burning arrow
- fireball
- ES nodes

#Elemental dmg nodes-buff
#early cast speed nodes-buff
#mara skill tree starting point - buff
#Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call - buff
#VP with life - buffed
#new mods to weapons (corruption) - buff
:\ I think you need to read ALL the patch notes.

#Elemental dmg nodes-buff [Ok, missed this one]
#early cast speed nodes-buff [Early buffs, probably only relevant to races. Unless it's end game, I really dont care]
#mara skill tree starting point - buff Early buffs, people are already complaining that after lvl 30 mara is worse than before
#Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call - buff [Early buffs, probably only relevant to races. Unless it's end game, I really dont care]
#VP with life - buffed Not so sure it's a buff
#new mods to weapons (corruption) - buff Buff that can brick your item. Yeah, that's a good buff
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 5, 2014, 4:13:52 AM
Really cool, can't wait to play!
can't waittttttt
For a patch that is really just a few months out from the release of the game, also considering other patches have been very good and added quite a few new toys, it's clear a HUGE effort has gone on to make this update happen.

Thanks Chris and GGG. You guys don't disappoint.

I hope you're able to have a well-deserved rest once this patch goes live. Cheers guys!
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
noobdw wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
So let's sum this patch up:
- more gated content
- more RNG through Vaal orbs
- leech nerfed
- summoner nerfed
- spell totems nerfed
- early and mid ST nerfed
- scion nerfed
- Life based characters slightly nerfed
- Elusiveness notable removed
- vaal pact nerfed
- Berserking nerfed
- crit multi nerfed
- couple of uniques nerfed
- drop rates nerfed through removal of IIQ

Buffs:
- barrage
- desecrate
- burning arrow
- fireball
- ES nodes

#Elemental dmg nodes-buff
#early cast speed nodes-buff
#mara skill tree starting point - buff
#Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call - buff
#VP with life - buffed
#new mods to weapons (corruption) - buff
:\ I think you need to read ALL the patch notes.

#early cast speed nodes-buff [Early buffs, probably only relevant to races. Unless it's end game, I really dont care]
#mara skill tree starting point - buff Early buffs, people are already complaining that after lvl 30 mara is worse than before
#Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call - buff [Early buffs, probably only relevant to races. Unless it's end game, I really dont care]
#new mods to weapons (corruption) - buff Buff that can brick your item. Yeah, that's a good buff

The game is RNG bassed, so more RNG is no problem
Summoner got balanced not Nerfed, BMS were op and required little effort for the amount of damage the dealt, now it is just more balanced with the other skills
Spell totem got a buff late game though
ST nerf was expected, (you also said that you don't care about early game so why point this out?) were you also one of the people who claimed it was OP on release?
Life bassed characters got a buff with Vall pact
Vaal pact got a BUFF, the major disadvantge was no flasks, and now you can use life flasks
Crit multi also became more point efficient
Dozens more uniques ADDED, who cares about a few nerfs
IIQ was OTT and needed to be removed
"
Odoakar wrote:

I don't know what you mean with early buffs and not endgame? You take the nodes and keep them, don't you? So more cast speed doesn't only help early (well, it does because it is easily accessible from the starting area), but it helps the char at any time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info