Seraph Armour Skin Microtransactions in SotV

Just glad you're doing compromises guys,there were a few guys in forums lately screaming to buy some winged crap,however most of community was clearly against it,and what you just created satisfies both sides!
The artist deserves an applause for this!
"
alejandro008 wrote:
Pretty awful... Just saying...

=S

Nobody is forcing you to play...just saying...
PLS CHRIS I NEED THE TREE I'LL DIE IF I CAN'T THEORYCRAFT HALP
instead of makin sets ingame make mtxs...
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Furthest possible depiction of a 'Serapth', not impressed. y no 6 wings?

Edit: Where are all the people who constantly bashed DiabloIII for being too flashy and cartoony? PoE is on the next level.
Last edited by Peenk on Mar 3, 2014, 3:16:23 PM
Chris:

7000 commits? I'm surprised you don't delegate and have people spit out a commit log themselves and send you a quick email of what they fixed, or track it in something like JIRA and just say "screw it" to what you miss that the developers fixed under your radar. After all, patch notes are largely just overhead. We'll find out soon enough what you missed when we start playing.

Regardless, best of luck getting those patch notes together. From experience, simple code reviews of a developer's ~20 commits can take awhile in and of itself, and depending on developer laziness, not all commits have the best notes attached. I'd be utterly frightened looking at 7000 separate commit notes and trying to compile patch notes. I just hope for your sake that you're utilizing a good branching system to avoid having to diff your patch notes against the patches between 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.

Also, you realize that if you keep growing your business, that 7000 commits might be...say...20000 the next 4 month release. Or 50000. You might want to figure out how to handle that if you want to keep your sanity in the face of people screaming for patch notes. ;)

As for the MTX, it looks good. I'm more a fan of skin transfers and particle effects, but everybody's tastes are different, and if it gets you some money, I'm all for it. Don't let the naysayers get to you these last days before your four-month release.

Best of luck!
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
why no Marauder in Seraph armour? :/
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
Peenk wrote:
Furthest possible depiction of a 'Serapth', not impressed. y no 6 wings?

Edit: Where are all the people who constantly bashed DiabloIII for being too flashy and cartoony? PoE is on the next level.

...? Quit spewing bullshit.
"
Marxone wrote:
why no Marauder in Seraph armour? :/

Because he doesn't want to spoil the fact you can now buy pants?
ign: Vixien
"
Merry_Blind wrote:
I'm sorry but this kind of stuff should be included in the game as a unique set or something. PoE armour design is kinda lacking (though it's still 'good, it's just not 'great'). Everybody agrees that PoE looks a bit bland, but I guess that's simply because you need to buy microtransactions to make it more complete and appealing visually...

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, and I'm a fan since Closed Beta, and did spend money on microtansactions (Supporter Packs), but I think they're pushing it a bit too far. Microtransactions are a tad too expensive, and half of them should be included in the game (even though it's a free game, yes).

I mean, just from supporter packs, from myself, and many others, they must have already made enough money to not need to rely on microtransactions that much. So far I've paid 75$ in packs I believe (25 Closed Beta + 50$ Open Beta if I'm not mistaken) so it's already as if I (and, again, many others) had paid the price of a full, complete, game, yet that's not what I have.

Still love the gameplay and all that stuff though don't worry, it's just the whole 'microtransactions thing' and slight feeling of 'incompleteness' I get from the game because those microtransactions 'items' are not included in the game as special effects you get from gems, or special unique items you feel so badass to have, or a pet you get as a quest reward, etc.

I too totally disagree with every point made in this post. The way GGG handles mtxs in PoE is absolutely fine.

[minirant]
Again, the amount of QQ'ing in this thread amazes me. I understand people are frustrated (including me) for not receiving patch notes in time but cmon, the way most of you guys present "criticism" is not even close to being constructive and just makes you look like complete brats.
[/minirant]
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Mar 3, 2014, 4:05:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info