Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #5

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

Someone please explain to me about how anything in this game is "easy" ... [truncated]

its all understanding the mechanics, combat tactics, gut feelings on probabilities from previous experience etc. I sympathise with your position, a lot of us were exactly where you are going 'wtf?!?!' at the start of open beta.

getting to 70 is really simple if you know a lot about the game. You can get to 70 in 2 or 3 days, providing youve played the game for 1000 hours already and have that knowledge.

Honestly I learnt a lot from streams. If you have a laptop or a second monitor you can throw a stream on while you are playing, find someone who talks a lot and answers viewer questions etc, youll pick up a ton of stuff just having them waffle on like background radio noise beside you when you play. Esp in the first few days of the new leagues. But it takes time, theres a lot that doesnt really sink in till youve tried it.

Good tip, thanks!
"
Cry wrote:
"
drezdenfonpux wrote:
I can't see anything interesting coming in the next leagues yet

What do you expect? Please tell us :)
My opinion is that the game is good fun - the 'ladder resets' / new 4 month leagues in themselves are enough, yet GGG manages to bring so much more to the table with updates, continuous new uniques, the occasional (which is still often) new skills and continually working to improve the game.

I love PoE as it is and the new 4 month leagues are enough of an update for me in themselves, so anything on top of that is always a bonus :D.

Again, please tell us what you do expect to see (although this isn't a suggestions thread, I still hope you post it up here *thumbs up*.

TL;DR - what do you expect mate?

As for my hopes - I hope that outside of corrupted ... things :P GGG encourages farm runs (i.e. piety) and increases the choice for mfers (for example they could make other bosses in lower acts worth farming (I was a bit of a d2 fan/player and I like the idea that you had the choice of just baal or meph runs, but there was also all the other bosses that were farmed (andariel, countess, pindleskin, eldritch and so on that were worthy of an mfer's time).

i want reworked skill tree, this one is crap
i want graphic changes, this one is crap
i want new mobs mechanics, not just improved stats, like now
i want game optimization, laggs when u face summon skeleton nemesis mod or exile necromancer stupid and unacceptable

sry for my eng.
Last edited by ellefanor on Feb 27, 2014, 6:20:22 AM
Oh the wait!!
O.O
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.
"
ellefanor wrote:

i want game optimization, laggs when u face summon skeleton nemesis mod or exile necromancer stupid and unacceptable

sry for my eng.

Wow. Just wow....
so Corrption to maps, can make them have sick nasty mods, or change the base type up one level?
so if i get a vaal pyramid map drop thats corrupted, it may not even actually be a vaal pyramid map, which i like, but could very well instead be a map i hate? Not a big fan of this, if anything it should just upgrade the base vaal map from 68 to level 69
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
so "corrupted" item is the only major change in coming patch ?

..only..wow

First, corruption seems to be a very complicated and game changing mechanic if you can enhance all your items/skills to a new level of possibilities.

Second here a list of some other changes!

-New monster with the new mechanic "flying" getting implemented
-more areas with more lore
-all the good stuff from the previously leagues get implemented to the permanent leagues,
for example nemesis mods,shrines, jade/quartz/higher level life/mana flasks
-more itemtypes for example the new quivers/rings
-more new unique items
-updated unique item models for many uniques
-more vendor recipes
-a whole new endboss
-updated skilltree with possible free skilltree reset
-new 4 month leagues with new stuff to explore/uniques/challenges/modifications
-new game features
-a open free for all PVP zone! (sad thats nothing said about tournamnets!!)
-improved balancing for many items
...and way more stuff

..and all that shit is not even called a "big" expansion, only "mini" expansion,
its not act 4! So wtf are you talking, can you think before you write shit next time, thanks
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Feb 27, 2014, 10:28:29 AM
"
ellefanor wrote:

sry for my eng.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the above would not be very helpful for anyone trying to improve the game for you. Rather than saying "this one is crap" you'd need to tell them why it is crap. Give detailed examples. Also, in direct response to some of these things you want:

Reworked skill tree - This isn't easy to do, but they are working on it already. They've already reworked ranger and duelist areas which are pretty awesome now, and I hear that Marauders are next (I can't wait as this is my go to class for HC). They will take time though since every other class can use them too, so that has to be taken into consideration rather than just optimizing each part of the tree for one class.

Graphic Changes - I can see this one to an extent, as I know a lot of people that have intense lag in Mud Flats due to trees, and places with rain, etc. This is also being worked on I'm sure, though I haven't heard anything recent about it (haven't looked hard either tbh) It was WAAY worse in beta when I started (paid for early access 1 day before OB cause, like an idiot, I was too impatient to look up the OB release date).

New mob mechanics - I'm assuming you play on one of the parent servers since Nemesis just introduced this feature into the HC temp league that just ended. It has also been announced that these will be making it into the core game. Also, with 4 more acts coming, it is almost 100% guaranteed that there will be more different mobs, with new mechanics. At the very least you will see 4 new bosses as time goes on.

Game Optimization - This one... ok, I don't see any lag outside of the occasional desync, but my computer is not that old, and I don't play on sh*tty wireless connections either. 90% of the time from my experience these are the two reasons people see lag, period. There are a couple of exceptions of course such as during the rain and the old issue with the trees going way to high or whatever it was, but even then, with a better comp those go away. There is definitely room for improvement here as GGG wants the game playable on comps with a large range of performance, but no matter how hard they try a lower performance comp is just NOT going to run the game as well (or look as pretty and still run period) as a higher performance comp.

TL;DR They are working on it. If you are seeing a lot of lag, GET OFF THAT SHITTY WI-FI and get a better comp (or at least upgrade some of what you got if it's not cheaper to buy a brand new one).
and this:

http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/b/506356011?t=31m50s

F***ing unbelivable.

I bet that "vacum cyclone" is like it too.
Last edited by Paladindim on Feb 27, 2014, 11:02:14 AM
cast on crit vaal ek is gonna be epic
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info