Return of Valentine's Heart Weapon Effect

So you guys are complaining because what they told could happen (the item coming back the year later) happened.
Lets skip how this doesn't make any sense.
Some people even talk about quality standard and lazyness.
I want to remember you all that this is still an indy dev team, that still offer a free game and still works hard to improve it every week.
A mini expansion is planned for the next month and everyone is working hard on that.
Is reasonable to guess that if they had to choose to cut something it was a new valentines effect.
Changing this one a bit (like the color) could have a been a good idea, but then people will for sure still complain about the similarity. In the rush for the completation of the real content they "forgot" about minor things like this and it seems pretty fine to me, since they still need money, and microtransaction are their only revenue.

So guys I just want to say that you should bash the dev when there is a real reason, thats good.
But if you start complaing about stupid thigs like this for no real reason they soon or later realize that they can't use our feedback anymore as a resource, and without a good comunication between devs and the player base only bad things can happen.
This is the opinion of a guy who bought that heart one years ago and dont even play the game since months now, so I'm surprised to see so many recent supporter insulting GGG.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Very lazy of GGG but nothing I'd rage about.

You're a fellow BLÔW; you should understand GGG better than anyone else. There's a good reason to everything, and don't subject this is 'lazy'. All of us live in a world of limitation. It's only expected there's this MTX similar to last year this time again, for the sake of some of the community who wants this or finds it meaningful to tie-in with the affectionable occasion.

Also, coincidentally mini-expansion is due next month; all time and resources are going in that effort rather than minor MTX to worry about. All of us here have the right to express merits or grievance so GGG can take it to improve with more careful thought process in future to please majority. But certainly not to judge subjectively with words associated to attitudes. That, is just NOT fair and demotivating; not in line with constructivism.

GGG has so much potentials, so do we; if only we provide them with constructive feedback, and only that approach style gets them in a continuous improvement way of gaming business.
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
Last edited by NotACuckRoach on Feb 10, 2014, 11:25:50 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Sparowes wrote:
You said you would keep Event transactions limited though. This is the same skin as last year, only difference is i got 2013 on mine that nobody can see.

You could have made it just a little different, like another color of the heart or whatever. The "rarity" feeling is all gone now and i wont buy event based effects again.

I'm very sorry that you're disappointed about this. At the time we wrote "It's possible that Valentine's Heart will return at the same time next year, or maybe in a slightly different form." (link). I'll definitely bear your feedback in mind in the future.

As one of your newer supporters I appreciate the balance between things for pre-1.0 supporters and the ability for me to get some of the cool stuff having just started playing post-1.0. People are criticizing this as 'lazy' but I don't see an issue with certain returning MTX's as long as anything that is truly one time only is explicitly labelled as such.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
yall are awesome keep up the great work. plus i needed a second heart :)
nice
ING: _Rastamaha_ or Kokkaa
Hmm... Bit disappointing :-/
IGN: TitanVaolox

The disappointment in this is just. Mostly non supporters with opinions about this "free" game who don't understand the standard of quality we have come to expect. I understand Chris said last year it may be coming back, but that is not the issue. The issue is wither or not its in the games best interest to do this.

Obviously he understands its important to his players to show they supported last year, thats why they have added the 2013. But they may as well not even bother with this, its pointless.

All the "Your doing great GGG, keep up the good work" is lazy as well, of course I think they are doing a great job, has nothing to do with the laziness of this decision, I reward their "great job" with my wallet, really worth more then internet words.

And this is worth commenting on, err "crying" about, because IMO keeping some transactions "one time, never again" will sell more and benefit this game I love. (as well as keeping things unique in game)

Really how hard would it have been to alter it in game to make them unique? Even if they are busy with 1.1. It would have made a big difference.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Sparowes wrote:
You said you would keep Event transactions limited though. This is the same skin as last year, only difference is i got 2013 on mine that nobody can see.

You could have made it just a little different, like another color of the heart or whatever. The "rarity" feeling is all gone now and i wont buy event based effects again.

I'm very sorry that you're disappointed about this. At the time we wrote "It's possible that Valentine's Heart will return at the same time next year, or maybe in a slightly different form." (link). I'll definitely bear your feedback in mind in the future.

I'm completely ok with you introducing the mtx again but this part really bothered me;
"
Hearts purchased last year are marked as "2013" in the description so that people know that you supported the game in early Open Beta.

What point this change really serves, only the owner would know it even only if decides to read the decription. It felt a little like some kind of exploitation of willingness of open beta supporters to support GGG. Is that really hard to made even a minor difference to its appearance? I will buy this one nevertheless but I'm hoping not to see similar attitude again.

Spoiler
Sorry if I sound offensive, not good with words when I'm disappointed.

Regards,

an ESL
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Hmm. The valentine's heart weapon effect looks sweet but it wouldn't look right on my character though. So I should save up for some other effect. But keep up the good work GGG!
Permanent Hardcore only.
out of all things that made sound in the game this one always seems to push my buttons when i hear it.

still like the look tho.

got to be good looking because im so hard too see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info