DarnDoesFireTrap - Pocket Discharge - HC/SC #3 One Week Build -- Insane Clear Speed - UPDATED

Do you think adding Clever Construction into the build will help?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Darni wrote:
"
OutKast20 wrote:
nice build but i was thinking why not use sinner tricorne and get some more mana regen to maybe run artic armor + you can use summon skeletons and spell totem to deal with bosses

yeh ive thought about arctic armour, would help out. I used to have saffels and +3 fire wand for stuff like temple piety etc.

so i just reach 64 and this build is an 1 man army i decide to go for some mana regen slots with ring/amulet to be able to run Artic armor

i believe so far this has solve both problems for mana and hp
i take less damage, my mana regen so fast i dont need mana pots

Gears
Spoiler

And my skill tree so far

i've still got few things to sort out such as

rings

skill point still need to be added

also getting the q gems

so far i haven't had the need to get a q gem as i 1 hit mobs easily
I've been thinking a lot about using this build to lead off the next leagues, since it seems like it would do really well with self-found gear (or crafted! A plus fire gems wand early on is a huge buff) until I could build up enough wealth to trade (all I'd need would be some +dex on gear, easy enough with a perandus blazon and a jade amulet, maybe lioneye's paws if I was really hurting for dex).

Why do we go all the way down into the dualist area? For IR and a DOT buff? Wouldn't it be better to take all the trap nodes around the shadow, since that would boost both our damage over time and our burst damage?

What about this version of the build?

It loses:
*22% increased health (218% vs 240%)
*Iron Reflexes
*26% damage over time
*1% Life regen
*10% All res
*24% increased AR/EV
*90 dexterity
*10 strength

It gains:
*20% mana regen
*30% increased crit chance
*16% Chaos resist
*5% chance to ignite (which is more like 10% in functionality)
*14% increased fire damage
*47% increased trap damage
*an extra trap
*trap invulnerability (which would negate Storm Herald's disadvantage, useful if Storm Herald makes it into the main game in 1.1.0)

If the decreased health is a big deal, there's 36% increased health for a five passive point investment right by the burning nodes in the templar area.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4XcYUTZ2AtQQEs6IAYG3wHwJxuJOnCJ2uEmkXHHF52CQ2xTbY74WIG-xVHwKcLYdlr7dJGyycVa6X9JeVUlM9X4-mLR9tGcHzgh7bC6Kjf8YnqVptJDynXElR7Bi00XaCyAyP-tvnMhim5wZ3UzHr7ij6gsf56EGHtz7-CudjiPGsWTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRUk7Nnu0ow5InapirNad44TuFbd1oi5QQow2pLHljlVLJpUabDGeHNyTJ36wW7twUdhULUdFRzLR8XY=

EDIT: cold snap+trap+multiple traps+elemental proliferation could have some great crowd control utility too.
Last edited by Desert_Elk on Feb 15, 2014, 9:24:53 PM
I really like this one, always wanted a trapper but didn't find one I liked so far. Of course going templar and ignoring most of the trap skills would be the trick!

A few thoughts:

-How about vulnerability as a curse, the increased damage over time component seems strong and it's typically a nicer party curse in the current melee heavy poe? combined with elemental weakness once you get dual curse.

-How does this one do single target? I just started a lvl 15 trapper following this post, rares take longer than I'd like. Been considering weapon swap with explosive arrow, seems to synergise well with this build. atm just doing storm call between traps. could do split arrow->fork->life on hit for regen as well then.

edit:
-Oh, and elemental equilibrium? the fire trap dot itself is degen so should not trigger it, would still need something pretty spammy to keep it up with burn damage each sec but the -ress is very tempting and as long as the inital hit gets the bonus I think you'd be way ahead even if you don't reapply non-fire damage.

-also, conc effect synergy?
Last edited by Joo on Feb 15, 2014, 7:49:47 PM
How does this do on single target? Can you farm piety with it?

Also, please remind me - does IR work with burn damage now?
O great darni please make a discharge version of this build.
lol hey it's darn from tf2
nice build, might try in the new league
Extremely sexy build, reached level 88 in the Dom 1 Week Race playing only 2 days 20 hours.

Didn't get my hands on a Searing but I forgot about getting one after a while. Can cream down 74 maps solo easily when I had to and performed nicely in 78s freezing and burning

I made a few changes to incorporate AA/MoM/EB and Cold Snap Trap to help out the group, we also had a dual curser summoner in our group. (Nvm the links on the Fire Trap, friend borrowed the Inc Burning Dmg)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 18, 2014, 1:25:19 PM
Progress Report: I pooled some currency and items from my other characters for gems and such.
Insanely fun time just blowing everything up. Im still a little more squishy than I would like to be but I plan on picking up more life nodes. Ran a blue 71 map by myself and I didnt have any problems.
Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxJpFE0VIBccHwIkPCepKPoppSpNKo0snCzpLR8xnjIYMtE1kjbFNtg64TwFPV8_J0GHRUdG10kbSVFKfUrITeNOKlJTVa5abVuvXcZgbWegbRluqnF5doKCHoLHgziHZYd2iBuIQojxi4yPpo_6l4WXlZf0nC2dgJ2un9-iAKZXpuenCKdcrFmvt7TRtQS18rc-uJPBxcHz2CTbC9vn3Q3hc-dj6-7sGOxV7SDvfO-F8B_yRfno_MX-Cv6P

IGN:LootingLemur,SlipperyBogel
GMT -4:00
"
Joo wrote:
I really like this one, always wanted a trapper but didn't find one I liked so far. Of course going templar and ignoring most of the trap skills would be the trick!

A few thoughts:

-How about vulnerability as a curse, the increased damage over time component seems strong and it's typically a nicer party curse in the current melee heavy poe? combined with elemental weakness once you get dual curse.

-How does this one do single target? I just started a lvl 15 trapper following this post, rares take longer than I'd like. Been considering weapon swap with explosive arrow, seems to synergise well with this build. atm just doing storm call between traps. could do split arrow->fork->life on hit for regen as well then.

edit:
-Oh, and elemental equilibrium? the fire trap dot itself is degen so should not trigger it, would still need something pretty spammy to keep it up with burn damage each sec but the -ress is very tempting and as long as the inital hit gets the bonus I think you'd be way ahead even if you don't reapply non-fire damage.

-also, conc effect synergy?

Did mostly solo stuff, didnt need vuln.. aaand even if I did groups, ele weakness flammability was enough because I was able to kill all the mobs myself.

Single target might need two traps, if you are unlucky three to get the ignite. Ele eq is not necessary and just makes it more tedious to play.

I am using conc effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info