DarnDoesFireTrap - Pocket Discharge - HC/SC #3 One Week Build -- Insane Clear Speed - UPDATED

Hey, sorry didn't dig through all of this thread to find it, but what are the DPS numbers like for this build? It looks pretty crazy from the video in the OP.
Is this build OK for a fairly new Player / Casual Player?

Im thinking about doing a trapper as my next character and i dont know which guide to use.
I played this build in standard just before the new leagues started. I had a lot of fun and I still consider it as the most fun I have had in POE. There ARE a few things I would like to reiterate as being very important. You NEED quality gems if you want this build to work well, as well as dual curseing and in my opinion at least a 5 link. I tried this build with a 4 link Searing Touch and it was alright but when I put the currency aside to 5 link my Searing Touch the damage skyrocketed. The 5th link was concentrated effect and when added to this build it melts everything. I was able to one shot piety in Temple with this build. For me there were some limitations however. I was never able to get good survivability out of this build so soloing maps over 72 was a problem. I never did have both grace and determination running and I suppose this would help a lot. I am considering making this build again on Ambush and I would try to work these problems out. I am also eager to try triple curse with one being from a corrupted amulet because I feel the unique rings that add a curse are trash. As far as the dps for this Build is concerned, the tooltip is low because that only calculates the explosion of the firetrap and doesn't take into consideration the burn damage, which is where the majority of the damage is. I think I will try a +2 scepter and a shield for the tougher maps and will update how it works out.
definitely need MoM or very high level Arctic armor if you want to do 70+ maps and of course more HP nodes. Those devourers, chargers, leapers can basically take destroy you in the higher levels.
"
BenMey wrote:
I played this build in standard just before the new leagues started. I had a lot of fun and I still consider it as the most fun I have had in POE. There ARE a few things I would like to reiterate as being very important. You NEED quality gems if you want this build to work well, as well as dual curseing and in my opinion at least a 5 link. I tried this build with a 4 link Searing Touch and it was alright but when I put the currency aside to 5 link my Searing Touch the damage skyrocketed. The 5th link was concentrated effect and when added to this build it melts everything. I was able to one shot piety in Temple with this build. For me there were some limitations however. I was never able to get good survivability out of this build so soloing maps over 72 was a problem. I never did have both grace and determination running and I suppose this would help a lot. I am considering making this build again on Ambush and I would try to work these problems out. I am also eager to try triple curse with one being from a corrupted amulet because I feel the unique rings that add a curse are trash. As far as the dps for this Build is concerned, the tooltip is low because that only calculates the explosion of the firetrap and doesn't take into consideration the burn damage, which is where the majority of the damage is. I think I will try a +2 scepter and a shield for the tougher maps and will update how it works out.

Please do give a feedback about the +2 scepter + shield!

Currently, I am running Grace + Clarity + Discipline + Arctic Armour and it goes quite well. I am solo'ing up to 70 maps without problems.

I'm wondering how many aura nodes I would need to run all that with Determination... If anyone have tried, please post :)
Does the Concentrated Effect damage applies to burning as well?
I never had problems doing 77-78 maps. Someone asked bout dps, if I remember correctly average damage was something around 6-7k on tooltip
Last edited by Darni on Mar 26, 2014, 10:20:32 AM
My tooptip 4 linked searing right now is only 1500. With concentrated effect, I have 2500 dps. My gems are level 18 and firetrap is 15% quality. Is quality on rest of my gem a big boost to dps? 2500 seems really low compare to your 6-7k.
This was my planned build for invasion. So far I ripped 3 of them through various things but that's mostly invasion for you. Currently I'm going wander but still leveled with a variation of this build and I got to say it's really great.

Some modifications I use when doing this in invasion for leveling:

I run 1h + shield. block is a very good source of mitigation and I'm clearing city of saarn on merciless at lightning speed with only these tools just like all the other content up to this point:

- +2 fire gems scepter with few other stats on it. explosive trap->chance to ignite->elemental proliferation
- the 3 increased burning damage nodes
- the first two starting branches at templar area with increased elemental damage and increased aoe.

that's it. that's ALL the offensive nodes you need. with a 3l. jesus christ! elemental vunrability or the fire version is important.

the things it struggles with it single target dps. for that sake I always go storm call+lightning penetration. that's it. usually later on linked to culling and increased rarity. shock stacks increase all the other sources of damage etc.

I'm thinking about changing the lightning strike route though which is not fantastic in the current meta the most reasonable thing is to dedicate a 4l flameblast for that purpose. flameblast+concentrated effect+fire penetration+chance to ignite/faster casting or something like that.

blabla. Mostly I just wanted to say thanks for showing the way, it is by far the smoothest and fastest build I've ever leveled with and it starts being good already at lvl4 and keeps going and going and going (70ish so far on the current one, with a 3l..)

What is the defense strategy for this build?

'Overlevelling' in nub zones isnt a defense...sorry.

any build works if u level in act 2 5+ levels over..

If there is no defense, and u wanna do a glass cannon, i think u can beat 7k DPS...
Last edited by SuperDeathLord on Mar 27, 2014, 6:51:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info