Cut throat league at OB ?

Does anyone have the details on how CT would work?

I understand the idea is that you can enter other player's instances and kill them and take their loot. I guess what I am curious about is the following:

1) How do you enter another player's instance? Say you wanted to go to Docks, would you select Docks and then it would randomly assign you to an existing instance with a player in it? Is there some notification of who is currently in the zone? What if you actually wanted to farm Docks and not be dropped in an instance that is half cleared by another player?

2) Is it full item loot? When you die does all of your inventory and current equipment drop? Some servers in the past (like EQ) have implemented item drop in pvp but there are restrictions, like the winner can only steal 1 item, and weapons do not drop. Do you actually lose everything including your equipped gear and all gems?

3) Is CT hardcore? When you are PKed do you lose your character in addition to all your items?

The problem with full item drop, as experienced in past games, is it leads to really boring gameplay. People figure out which classes can gank the best with the least amount of gear and the least skill gems, therefore minimizing their losses, and roll around with that, so even if you do kill them, you don't gain much. At the same time, since everyone is paranoid about losing their gear, disconnecting from the server is a common way to avoid deaths and no one ever engages in pvp unless they are with a group and entering a fight they know they can win.

Anyway, really curious about it and potentially looking forward to it.
Last edited by MethodSZ on Feb 4, 2013, 12:20:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info