New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
You are not allowed to call people scrubs, you can report defamatory posts.

That aside your consistent moderation rant is a waste, especially in this topic. I'd rather mail my suggestions for moderation to support supervisors and hope the best. At least that's how I did it in the past and was able to reach support.

It's not a waste to speak up about the truth. Ever.

Aside from the point about Scrubcore/Scrubs - which I still see not edited - but lets pretend that anyone who uses "Scrub" gets probation for a minute (HINT: they don't) I'll let that slide for now....

I was allowed to use the term "White Troll Knight" for months now with no edit or anything. Suddenly it's not allowed. No communication. No consistency.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Aug 6, 2014, 10:09:09 AM
Don't worry even typing R*T is advocating R*T according to support but we all know "No discussion of moderation(because it would expose us)"

I expect to be put on probation again for several lst post but I don't really care. The forum is less active than in CB anyway.

Scrubcore is only a term getting popular after Kripparian died and somebody PMed him "Rest in Scrubcore"
Blame those twitch viewers to popularize that term.

"
making a super pissed off customer. (me).

Bad for you. Good for me I never spend a single cent on PoE.

Good thing I didn't went Diamond back in CB, because I had several doubts which got confirmed.

You should stop caring about probations. [Removed by Support]

Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 6, 2014, 11:54:41 AM
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
You are not allowed to call people scrubs, you can report defamatory posts.

That aside your consistent moderation rant is a waste, especially in this topic. I'd rather mail my suggestions for moderation to support supervisors and hope the best. At least that's how I did it in the past and was able to reach support.

It's not a waste to speak up about the truth. Ever.

Aside from the point about Scrubcore/Scrubs - which I still see not edited - but lets pretend that anyone who uses "Scrub" gets probation for a minute I'll let that slide for now....

I was allowed to use the term "White Troll Knight" for months now with no edit or anything. Suddenly it's not allowed. No communication. No consistency.

Its name-calling, simple as that. If someone feels offended and the issue gets out of hand, support will react sooner or later. In this case they reacted later, something I wouldn't judge too hard. The "White Troll Knight" thing was probably considered a case-by-case issue which got out of hand and worsened actual discussion.

I did not say that this rant is a waste, because it is not worth anything. I did say that it is a waste around here, because no one in support being able to change anything will bother reading stuff you post in this old piece of crap thread here. Better mail it to them. And not just in reaction to one of your post getting edited. Make them consider your reasoning from a logical point of view, not a reactionary.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Don't worry even typing R*T is advocating R*T according to support but we all know "No discussion of moderation(because it would expose us)"

I expect to be put on probation again for several lst post but I don't really care. The forum is less active than in CB anyway.

Scrubcore is only a term getting popular after Kripparian died and somebody PMed him "Rest in Scrubcore"
Blame those twitch viewers to popularize that term.

"
making a super pissed off customer. (me).

Bad for you. Good for me I never spend a single cent on PoE.

Good thing I didn't went Diamond back in CB, because I had several doubts which got confirmed.

You should stop caring about probations. If you care that much just use an alt on another IP and don't fail for the extremly low level script attempt.

I do care - I try my hardest to follow their rules and what was ok last week to say. That's the thing. I don't want to bypass and make alt account with various IPs. I could, but I won't. The only "account bypass" (LOL yeah ok there mods) is when I logged in to another account to go "WTF" in response to a probation. Clearly I was doing my best to stealhfully infiltrate GGG systems and possibly hackzor my way back in to posting. <rolleyes>

I also expect the same from others. I expect that if a rule is there to probate me, that someone else breaking that same rule suffers the same punishments that I do.

I consistently see the opposites.

The way I take what I see is this: I see me following the rules, and not antagonistically attacking someone - then I see someone posting antagonistically towards me and I see an edit by GGG - sometimes not even an edit...

If you aren't going to probate, then don't. Let me defend myself. Let me respond in the exact same tone that I'm being attacked. I'm trusting in moderators to do their job. I'm trusting that they will not only edit, but actually probate pro-GGG AND anti-GGG sentiments exactly the same. It's a breach of trust that pisses me off so much because I sit there and take it... I take the abuse for some of my unpopular opinions... and my take on it is that GGG mods allow for that to happen. They let me be a whipping boy. They wait for me to respond and only then step in and hand out probation TO ME ONLY - even though clearly there were multiple people involved.

It comes across that GGG may as well be saying the antagonistic garbage themselves - they obviously endorse what's being said to me since no probation was handed out. They are using the rules to protect some players - and using the rules as a weapon to damage others. Clearly biased. Clearly inconsistent.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Aug 6, 2014, 10:22:52 AM
You still don't get how support moderates.

They got a shitlist thes browse the last postings of the shitlist and if they find a word they don't like they will probate.

If it's an antagonistic word they look at the support tag of the person targeted and that results in the duration.

You could easily create threads which result in 20 pages and 10 pages are people harassing each other and it will stay unmoderated for days.

"
Hilbert wrote:
You still don't get how support moderates.

They got a shitlist thes browse the last postings of the shitlist and if they find a word they don't like they will probate.

If it's an antagonistic word they look at the support tag of the person targeted and that results in the duration.

You could easily create threads which result in 20 pages and 10 pages are people harassing each other and it will stay unmoderated for days.

No - trust me, I get exactly how it works. That's what I'm rallying against right now. It's BS. And it's time this way of moderating stops. It encourages "safe posters" who have free reign to actually harass, and antagonistically post "free of charge" with no fear of consequences - and then people on their hit list (IE - me) have to just soak it up and take it. Respond even remotely close to their ambiguous rules and BANGO cya later pal. Even post a certain way for 2-3 months, then over night that line of speech is suddenly and quickly on their ambiguous rule list so you suffer a probation without warning.

Ask for very specific details constantly as to what is a "General Discussion" topic - for example - asking for the rules to be made less ambiguous for the good of the community, and get met with stone walls, blank stares.

They love it this way. This way allows them to silence critics and hit list whomever they want. It's such BS.

27 hours is how long my supposed offense sat un-moderated for. 27 hours is sat with this community and other mods. 27 hours. Then witch hunt time. Must have been the weekly "search through Isbox' posts" time slot. Wish everyone had the same rule set that I apparently have.
"
Isbox1 wrote:

No. I think it's completely unfair the way certain posters, no matter what it is they say, are being modded completely from voice. I am on their hit list, and I actually never break any forum rules. I can make that statement with a straight face: I don't. And yet I continually suffer forum probation and moderator harassment constantly having my posts modded out of existence.

"
Hilbert wrote:

Each post we read is moderated the same as everyone else's, on how it measures up against the forum guidelines.

"
Isbox1 wrote:
and now suddenly, and completely inconsistently you can suffer probation using the term "White Troll Knight" - like seriously? I accept that I'm the guy who coined the term - but still.

The guidelines state no antagonistic or personal attacks, and these are dealt with on a case-by-case basis, but if you can find a way you can call someone a white knight troll without it being inflammatory then you might have something...

Probations depend on the nature of the infringement, previous infringements, and how long ago they were - thankfully most users don't need these and just need a warning for small mishaps so they're aware of the guidelines.

We have other tasks but try to read through all the posts we can, sometimes a post may be missed for a time, so please report any posts you think are inappropriate and we will look at them straight away. If you have any disagreements with moderator action taken towards yourself (or general policy) then feel free to email us at support@grindinggear.com or send us a PM, as we're happy to discuss it with you. Thanks.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
I did not read nor do i care about what is happening, but i'd like to have people supporting my opinion : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979844

See SUPPORT? Some players feel 'harrased' by mods, isnt that funny? (I felt the same, long time ago and i said it to the mod by pm, i think it was you)

I am gonna give my answer to mark later or when i feel my time is worth spending discussing poe forum moderation.
Still not policy to allow others to harass or make inflammatory remarks. Now certain people are better at expressing their opinion that conveys harassment or worse, but mods have the final say for a reason. Someone has to play cop.

Are there times when it is not warranted? Yes. And I tend to find certain mods to be a little more heavy handed. Insulting them for being so is only going to make them worse. Try accepting that other people disagree with you and not take it personally. But when it comes to being told you don't know how to do your job, well I get pissed when it happens.

As I tell my brethren in OT, learn to insult each other more politely.

And Kieran? Yours is still the best Sig. Makes me laugh every time.
"
InexRising wrote:
I did not read nor do i care about what is happening, but i'd like to have people supporting my opinion : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979844

See SUPPORT? Some players feel 'harrased' by mods, isnt that funny? (I felt the same, long time ago and i said it to the mod by pm, i think it was you)

I am gonna give my answer to mark later or when i feel my time is worth spending discussing poe forum moderation.

I totally agree here. I felt really blind sided. And now I'm incredibly angry because I felt I was following their guidelines - the precedents they set for months prior, suddenly overnight without warning or anything - and even in my probation note when I logged in NOTHING AT ALL WAS WRITTEN JUST A GENERIC YOU ARE PROBATED - I didn't know that "White Troll Knight" was offensive enough to warrant a probation until just today - weeks after my probation. SO CRAZY TO ME THAT I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE RESPECT - THE DISCLOSURE AS TO WHAT SPECIFICALLY I DID WRONG.

I've been clean on these forums for months and months. That was a blind side plain and simple. It was a witch hunt and a search through my account postings.

Had they just TOLD ME that the term "White Troll Knight" was no longer acceptable, then guess what? I would have stopped posting that towards people point blank. No question. Just like from this stage forward, you will never ever see me post it ever again - not even a reference to it. I WANT to follow the forum guide lines I DO NOT WANT to get probation.

I WANT OFF their hit list.

But it doesn't seem to matter one iota how positive I interact with the community - if someone disagrees with me and posts hopelessly aggressive posts against my own - clearly violating rules - only to get a simple edit. Like watch ME call someone a "F'n Idiot" for example. How many months probation would that get me? Some other poster does that to me for a simple edit with no probation. Seriously lop sided rules. It's bogus. It leads to me feeling that mods have zero credibility - zero consistency - and leads me to think that they allow negative posts towards me, and actually encourage it. It feels like they are harassing me, and only bullying on my own posts - allowing others to post trolly, antagonistic garbage when it suites their means and purpose. REGARDLESS of if that is the truth or not, that's the feeling that comes across - and that pisses me off even more. EQUAL PLAYING FIELD FOR EVERYONE - you want to probate me for "White Troll Knight" - FAIR ENOUGH - but the next time someone calls someone Srubcore - PROBATION TOO - fair deal. Otherwise MY offense is equal to THEIR offense and just tell me that I shouldn't say that. I'll stop.

It's that simple. So logical.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info