No Flask PvP

Hey all,

I've leveled about 5 characters to 28, and got them geared up for strictly PvP. After quite a few runs with every class, it's overwhelmingly clear after talking with players that curb stomp me, they were using Diamond Flasks and/or +10000 Armour flasks or similar.

In the spirit of PvP I don't think flasks belong. I think it should be person on person with none of these extra flasks, and maybe narrowed down to 1 life and 1 mana flask, or just none at all. This would balance out the odds, and builds/gear would determine the winners, not just affixes on flasks. I think the flasks take away from the skill needed in PvP and uniqueness of Gear/Builds.

Just my opinion, let me know what you think!
Imo flasks are fine and are indeed a huge part of your gear.
If you face people using Granites and/or Diamond flasks, they are giving up on a lot of ehp for more tankyness/dps ; those flasks also come with a visual effect that tells you if you should temporarily retreat or hide : for instance, when you see someone surrounded with shield particles and if you're heavily physical oriented, just run away for 5 seconds till the effect of Granite fades off. You can then dps them to death ; think about it, they just wasted a flask slot for nothing. Same thing regarding diamond flask, unless you're facing a ranger : in this case just hide behind a pillar or a wall before rushing in.

Imo the best flasks to craft are health flasks and you should balance them for multiples cases. Personally I use 2x
Unavailable

They allow me to sustain a lot and run away if I'm chased by a melee character.
Unavailable

is awesome for a quick heal burst and
Unavailable

this counter viper strikers.

With those 4 healths pot, I'm prepared for most encounters and
Unavailable

completes it in case I'm cursed.
Last edited by Hexaste on Jan 5, 2013, 7:10:36 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
yep i say just make them waste their pots. to further add some people pretend they are weaker and do like smaller damge at first to make them waste all their flask in the first round even if you die they have no more flask
IGN- Isiander
"
builds/gear would determine the winners, not just affixes on flasks

But flasks are gear and part of your build!
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Disagree, flasks are at the point where they are a must for many builds and PvP setups, therefore limiting other options. For example Rangers and Crit DMG classes will have Diamond Flasks, and many people argue Granite Flasks are a must for casters to survive against melee. This is not always the case, but usually. That's why I'm arguing to remove Flasks in PvP, or at least have PvP with a no flask option. Melee classes are also overpowered IMO, but that's an argument for another day. With gems like Flicker Strike, Melee chars effectively become ranged, and many "ranged only" classes suffer because of this. Something to look at.
Why would you want to remove a mechanic that adds so much fun to the table? Unless you want straight forward, nobrained 1vs1 matchups where we run into each other, then the best geared up character wins, I fail to see your point.

I'd rather see you argue about how overpowered melee classes are (because that's a fact) than see you argue about a mechanic that adds so much depth into pvp. Also, if you were to remove flasks, you'd only create an even bigger dominance of melees, especially marauders with high life regen.
Last edited by Hexaste on Jan 7, 2013, 11:02:59 PM
I agree with the OP.

Yes, I'm rather new to the game, but I've been playing a lot of the low lvl pvp lately and have been noticing patterns. Right off the bat I found out that the pvp victor boiled down to whoever had the better flasks. Doesn't matter what passives you took, spells gems you have, or weapons you've equipped. If you didn't bring 3 or 4 good life flasks, you've already lost. Numerous times I've seen people spamming 5 life flasks for ridiculous hp regen that low level players cannot out-dps.

Also, it's difficult to run away from them when they pop these flasks since the game has so many gap-closing abilities.

It makes pvp seem broken and unrewarding, leaving behind a bad taste that will push new people away.

Because of this, I would like to see flasks taken out of pvp entirely. OR have some method of interrupting a flask's regen, such as getting frozen or hit with a critical.
Last edited by Dbri on Jan 26, 2013, 3:32:05 AM
The pvp is 5 rounds though and if you don't use your potions correctly you run out of charges. So you could win the first round but then next round you got no charges left.

I feel the largest problem is that everyone is fitted against each other no matter how many pvp games you won etc.

If you're strong you can just join pvp games forever and not getting any challenges to keep it being enjoyable, while being weak you get stomped too frequently to make it fun.
"
Helvalivis wrote:
Hey all,

I've leveled about 5 characters to 28, and got them geared up for strictly PvP. After quite a few runs with every class, it's overwhelmingly clear after talking with players that curb stomp me, they were using Diamond Flasks and/or +10000 Armour flasks or similar.

In the spirit of PvP I don't think flasks belong. I think it should be person on person with none of these extra flasks, and maybe narrowed down to 1 life and 1 mana flask, or just none at all. This would balance out the odds, and builds/gear would determine the winners, not just affixes on flasks. I think the flasks take away from the skill needed in PvP and uniqueness of Gear/Builds.

Just my opinion, let me know what you think!

doesn't make any sense, you want it to be based on random mods from GEAR but random mods on flasks aren't okay?

and as everyone said, it's a part of your build because you can only have 5 flasks and have to choose wisely which ones you need, and it's also a skill factor because you can see flask effects on the enemy and react to them, in addition to flask management and restricting your flask use because they don't completely refresh every round
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 26, 2013, 1:24:56 PM
Flasks just have way too much influence in these pvp matches, more than equipment and passives. It just turns pvp matches into flask wars. People rely on them way too much.

Many times I've seen people type "oops wrong flask" after dying. Never have I seen someone say "oops wrong spell" or "oops brought wrong armor" or "oops missed". Why? Because those elements are not as important for winning matches.

For example: A flask that recovers 669 Life over 6 seconds (my best flask so far) just shouldn't be in a pre-28 pvp match where max life points rarely exceed 300. And you can have up to 5 of them. That amount of regen is just too absurd for the level range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info