NPC Shop refresh change

I find the refresh for shops currently to limited.
Refreshing only by lvl ups make it wery rare on higher lvl ,way to rare.
Also dont wanna think what happens if someone reach max lvl or get close to it when you will need to grind few weeks to get 1 lvl up.

There should be added more ways of refreshing shops.
The basic one that we got now is by lvl up.
There could be one that refresh shop each few hours or daily.
There can be also shop refresh made by using random currency items requested by NPC.

Anyway we need some other way different than just lvling up.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Too many times I have dinged and not seen a new class of item that I could use. I spent 8 or 9 levels (I think 12-21) waiting for a new bow to show up so I could "cube" it, but every level it was the same level 13 bow(s), even though I saw level 20+ axes, swords, maces, etc... And bows never seem to drop in Act 2 either, so it is super frustrating. I haven't gone to cruel yet simply because I can't find a decent bow!
Blah
"
herflik wrote:

There should be added more ways of refreshing shops.
The basic one that we got now is by lvl up.
There could be one that refresh shop each few hours or daily.
There can be also shop refresh made by using random currency items requested by NPC.

Anyway we need some other way different than just lvling up.

Decent ideas. Others:

-Refresh for every time you complete chaos.
-Refresh 2x a lvl maybe, just to get the base rate up.
-Could have some sort of refresh quest, but that feels like a WoW daily and that is not good :p
Last edited by aimlessgun on Sep 3, 2011, 7:52:56 PM
Or you could just kill some monsters? I've not yet found anything particularly useful from a vendor anyway, and i think thats kind of the point; base stuff without great mods to be used only to fill huge holes in your set. IMO Items of real value should be found not bought.
"Not everything you see on the internet is true." ~Ernest Hemingway
"
shadowtwin wrote:
Or you could just kill some monsters? I've not yet found anything particularly useful from a vendor anyway, and i think thats kind of the point; base stuff without great mods to be used only to fill huge holes in your set. IMO Items of real value should be found not bought.

Thats not true.
You cant find rare/unique items in vendors ,but you can find nice magic items
,specialy in the potion/jewelery vendors.
The armour/weapon vendors can also have nice socket layouts in items that you could up by urself.
"
herflik wrote:
"
shadowtwin wrote:

Thats not true.
You cant find rare/unique items in vendors ,but you can find nice magic items
,specialy in the potion/jewelery vendors.
The armour/weapon vendors can also have nice socket layouts in items that you could up by urself.

I'm just curious to know what portion of what I said is "not true".

First part:"Or you could just kill some monsters?" suggestion to kill monsters to find valuable items. This must be true, else monsters are not capable of dropping valuable items.

Second part: "I've not yet found anything particularly useful from a vendor anyway" Based on my time playing, I haven't found anything useful at a vendor, but you'll have to take my word for it.

Third part: "i think thats kind of the point; base stuff without great mods to be used only to fill huge holes in your set" my opinion that the entire point of the vendors is to fill holes in your gear set.

Fourth part: "IMO Items of real value should be found not bought." my opinion that items of value should be found not bought.

I can see disagreeing with one of the stated opinions, but which part of this is "not true"?

"Not everything you see on the internet is true." ~Ernest Hemingway
I think that bows are rarer compared to other weapons at the moment due to there being only 1 type useable for a ranger, whereas others have double handers/staffs maces... I'm hoping that crossbows and perhaps flintlock pistols/muskets will be added, and perhaps an m16...
Well, since I haven't seen a single useful item in shops so far, I don't really care.
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7
Actually, the white rings, amulet and belts can all be really good.

Get on with a good base mod, the "orb" the items up.
IGN: Cadmus / Valgar
I always make sure to check the vendors just in case. It's like killing a few dozens monsters without actually needing to.

I do think it could be sped up at higher levels. Maybe the refresh could be switched from every level to every 10,000 XP or something like that.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info