Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 2 Build Submission Thread

"
lucksickle wrote:
"
hilliholli wrote:

This build looks incredibly interesting.
However, I have to ask - Lightning Thorns?

EDIT - also, vaal pact makes it so you have no life regen despite you branching off of the scion's life regen path, and having the strong 1.5 life regen from the duelist bottom... you might be better off without it? (why do you have life flasks btw?)

I changed that, forgot to update it here
IGN: YWDL_LargoLaGrande
"
SPAMMA FLAMMA HAMMA

Dis be de best build in de game. You be spamma flamma hammas at de bad guys.

SKILL:

Spamma Hamma. You be needen to steal one from a pretty little blond lady. "Hallo lady! Gimme ur green gem. It be nice in mah hamma." All other weapons be derp.

Dunt level ur gem past...er...one, twoo, twee. Yus, twee. You be flexin, not reflexin.

Also, linky with der:

Added Fire Damage
Life Gain on Hit
Knockback
Fire Penetration

Also get Leap Slammin to jump around.

BUILD:

Start at de marauda. Den put der points in life and stuffs to resolut tech...er RT. Den go down to Blood Magic (ew), den go down to der Iron Grip. (I has en iron grip, don't be askin why.)

Den put points in der hammas.

LIKE DIS:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYRkuJ-2sqnKpfNn3MvjrQarfvxRxDjw6UjJ-D8ymZMmYGJFQRxQgpzD3vp7Nduf_sATkddBR5rQvQT9E5xznajsg8PGKJ08=

After you do dat, den get der templa er dueler hammas. Tey dunt be needin dem.

EQUIPMENT:

Hamma.
Sheeld.
Strong armors.

Gits stuff with lif and strong and fires.

GAMEPLAY:

See de bad guy. Trow de hamma. Den, if bad guy run at you, den you run away. BUT DONT BE FORGETTIN TO TROW MOAR HAMMAS.

If bad guy dont run at you, dey be a wizzard. Den leapy slam at dem, DEN trow hammas.

FINAL NOTE:

Trow hammas reeeeeely hard.

I want to see this build in Build of the week 2 please.
"
FIreskull wrote:
"
SPAMMA FLAMMA HAMMA

SKILL:

Spamma Hamma. You be needen to steal one from a pretty little blond lady. "Hallo lady! Gimme ur green gem. It be nice in mah hamma." All other weapons be derp.

Dunt level ur gem past...er...one, twoo, twee. Yus, twee. You be flexin, not reflexin.

Also, linky with der:

Added Fire Damage
Life Gain on Hit
Knockback
Fire Penetration

BUILD:

Start at de marauda. Den put der points in life and stuffs to resolut tech...er RT. Den go down to Blood Magic (ew), den go down to der Iron Grip. (I has en iron grip, don't be askin why.)

LIKE DIS:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYRkuJ-2sqnKpfNn3MvjrQarfvxRxDjw6UjJ-D8ymZMmYGJFQRxQgpzD3vp7Nduf_sATkddBR5rQvQT9E5xznajsg8PGKJ08=

EQUIPMENT:

Hamma.
Sheeld.
Strong armors.

GAMEPLAY:

See de bad guy. Trow de hamma. Den, if bad guy run at you, den you run away. BUT DONT BE FORGETTIN TO TROW MOAR HAMMAS.

If bad guy dont run at you, dey be a wizzard. Den leapy slam at dem, DEN trow hammas.

FINAL NOTE:

+1, vid pls :)
"
hilliholli wrote:

This gets my vote.
Beautiful to watch, and has a catchy name. Great for video.
hi,
i would like to sumit my life based templer ( "obligee" )
its a high block tanky build dealing dmg mostly passivly

its defenses are high block(+spellblock), tempest shield, molten shell, mind over matter ( +eldritch batterie ), arctic armor

for dmg output i got tempest shield, molten shell and incinerate

importent unique items:

rainbow stride + rathpith globe are for spell block
the anvil is for the block + max block and for life/mana/dmg on block
cybils paw: cast speed for more dmg + more life on spell-hit and spell dmg via block chance

auras:
clarity on life: for the regen needed for arctic armor + mind over matter
discipline on mana: got less mana but again for the mana regen

passvie skill tree:
mind over matter - receive less dmg
eldritch batterie - improve mind over matter
block notes - to get high block chance
unwavering stance - avoid stunns
rest is some mana, live and a few dmg notes

skills + links:
tempest shield - reduced mana - life leech - mana leech
-> regenerate both mana and life while i block
cast on dmg taken - molten shell - enduring cry - life leech
-> life leech only applies for molten shell ofc but more survivability
incinerate - faster casting - lesser multiple projectiles - iron will
-> i chose incinerate because im standing still the most time anyway and i needed as much hits as possible for life regen with cybils paw. faster casting is for dmg + more regen, LMP is for "AOE" dmg. iron will can be replaced with life leech if need be

curse:
flamability ( enfeeble situational )

playstyle:
run into a mop - activate arctic armor - cast flamability - get the flamethrower on

at the moment i cant keep arctic armor up while walking, but im working on it ( lvl 64 atm )

also thinking of getting static blows + chance to shock for some extra dmg ( 2 passive skills required )

PS: you gonna walk fast like a sloth
IGN: griefbringer, im_pa, shiek_ah
Last edited by yaifa on Nov 2, 2013, 11:05:20 AM
Lightning Warp, Dual Totem, Blood Magic Witch.

Character: ZAPZAPZAPORTZAPZAPZAP
Inspired by: MaybeNoone, who barely plays, but gave me the ideia for the build! (Giving Credit where Credit is due!)

Build Description
The Lightning Warp gem is a really underused skill, albeit being one of the funniest gems available in the game. With this build, I will try to double (literally!) the fun of this skill, getting a character ready to play in Cruel Difficulty and giving pointers on how to improve the character for higher level content. Bear in mind that this build is nowhere near the levels of effectiveness as other more popular builds, but it’s designed to be a fun build for anyone enjoying traps, totems and mines!

Levelling Guide
In this Section, I describe the ins-and-outs of the build through the diverse stages of the game.
Spoiler
Normal Difficulty

Act 1

As far as key gems go, Act 1 in Normal Difficulty doesn’t offer too much in terms of choice, for this build.

As a reward from ‘Enemy at the Gate’, you should pick up Freezing Pulse, our primary Source of Damage, until later levels.

‘Mercy Mission’ is optional, but I usually skip it. You can pick any gem from this quest, or just do it for the Quick Silver Flask, in case you want to hasten your levelling. The Quest Reward choice from ‘Breaking Some Eggs’ is irrelevant, too, but Fire Storm, Raise Zombie and Cold Snap are solid choices.

‘The Caged Brute’ offers Lightning Trap as a quest reward, a solid levelling gem which benefits from our early choices in the Passive Skill Tree. It also complements our strategy in the later parts of the build, so it’s a must pick-up.

From ‘The Siren’s Cadence’, I personally chose Added Lightning Damage, to improve my Lightning Traps, but the choice in this quest isn’t really crucial.

When you get to Merveil, remember to equip Sapphire Rings for some extra Ice Resistance, in order to make the fight easier.

Spoiler
By the end of Act 1, your build should look like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBUIWbx8CLJw2xUGWVcZ2EX6vghCPRqcIrrPBtM9l0NDYJN-w5Ow=

Faster Casting Speed can be taken over Spell Critical Chance, but it’s up to personal preference.

Act 2

In Act 2 our build will try to get a little bit more endurance, since we picked up very few health nodes, due to our starting path. As far as Gems go, we will pick up Gems that positively impact our levelling speed.

From ‘The Great White Beast’, we’re picking up the Leather Belt, since we are a Life Based build.

From ‘Intruders in Black’ we’re forced to pick up Conductivity (Our ‘core’ curse, later in this build). However, if you’re willing to trade for a Conductivity gem later, you can pick up Frost Bite to accelerate our levelling speed.

‘Sharp and Cruel’ offers an early Lesser Multiple Projectiles to the witch and, as such, is mandatory to nearly triple our damage per second with Freezing Pulse.

As far as Bandit choices go, we’re going to help Oak, since the 40 HP is too good to pass up.

Act 3

In Act 3, our build starts to pick on important gems like Lightning Penetration (which can be used to improve our already powerful Lightning Trap) and Frost Wall, which can be used on late levels to provide a decent escape mechanism.

‘Lost in Love’ is the first quest of the Act and, from this one, we will pick Frost Wall, due to its synergy with Cast on Damage Taken.

For the ring choice in ‘The Ribbon Spool’, you should take the ring that provides resistance to the element you’re most vulnerable in. I’d personally pick up the ‘Topaz Ring’.

From ‘A Swig of Hope’, you’re looking to take the ‘Citrine Amulet’ since it provides the stats you lack the most: Strength and Dexterity. ‘A Fixture of Fate’ presents lots of interesting choices but, in the end, ‘Curse on Hit’ and ‘Cast when Stunned’ prove to be the best choices. Curse on Hit can be particularly powerful with Freezing Pulse, in case you picked Frost Bite earlier in Act 2.

Picking up Lightning Penetration from ‘Sever the Right Hand’ is the only plausible choice, since we will be needing two of these gems, later on.

By the end of this Act, the build will start to feel a little bit to the weak side and, as such, I recommend you to party up when taking on Dominus, as the difficulty of the fight is absurd.

Spoiler
Your build should look like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBUIWbxmFGjgabB8CJKopTyoTLJwspzbFNulBllXGWfNaK15dZ712EX6vghCPRpBVm6GdrqcIp4SnlK6zuJPAGsG0wxPPZdDQ0f3YJN-w42rkIuTs7Djubw==

Static Blows increases the clearing speed, and will later be used with our Totems!

Cruel Difficulty

Act 1

Although Act 1, Cruel, is arguably easier than the last Act of Normal difficulty, you should be, nonetheless, careful, since you’ll be dealing with -20% Resistances.

From ‘Enemy at the Gate’, we will pick up Lightning Warp, and equip it right away. Not only will this be our primary gem, later on, but it also provides some sort of escape mechanism, when the going gets though.

‘Mercy Mission’ should be done by the end of the act, since this side area can be a bit though. However, and unlike the previous difficulty level, this quest should NOT be skipped, since it gives you another chance to grab a Lightning Penetration gem!

If your gear is lacklustre, you can use ‘Breaking Some Eggs’ as a chance to upgrade one of your weakest pieces.

After defeating Brutus, you should pick up Clarity from ‘The Caged Brute’. This serves two purposes: the first one, it can solve some of your already noticeable Mana problems (Since we failed to pick up any Mana Regeneration or Maximum Mana nodes). The second reason for this pick up, is that you can easily trade a low-level Clarity gem for some Currency, thus increasing your Stash value.

‘The Siren’s Cadence’ provides the hardest choice so far: on one side, you can opt to grab ‘Spell Totem’ right away, and begin using a double Lightning Warp Totem build, by picking up Ancestral Totem from the Skill Tree. However, if you do this, you’ll never be able to pick up a Remote Mine skill gem as a quest reward, which is one of the KEY support gems of this build. If by any chance you picked up a Remote Mine support gem earlier, by all means choose the Spell Totem as a reward, otherwise, you SHOULD pick up Remote Mine.

Spoiler
By the end of this act, the build should be somewhat similar to this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBUIWbxmFGjgabB8CJKopTyoTLJwspzbFNulBllXGWfNaK15dZ71yqXYRfq-CEI9GkFWboZ2upwinhKeUrKqus7iTwBrBtMMTz2XQ0NH92CTfsONq5CLk7Ow47m_3Mvjr

Notice how we home-in on many Totem based passives, although we don’t make use of them straight away. This is all preparation for the next act, in which our build finally takes shape.

Act 2

Ah, Act 2. The final stop for our build.

From ‘The Great White Beast’ and ‘Intruders in Black’ we should pick up some upgrades for our gear. The Coral Ring is recommended, from the first quest.

However, when you complete ‘Sharp and Cruel’ you should pick up the Spell Totem support gem and then put your Passive Skill points in both Blood Magic (Solving our Mana Issues) and Ancestral Totem.

Spoiler

Upgrading on the Basis

Spoiler
This build can make use of further Quest Rewards to improve its effective power. From ‘Deal with the Bandits’ in Cruel, we can either help Alira (+4% Cast Speed) or pick up an extra Passive Skill Point. ‘Lost in Love’ rewards us an additional ‘Lightning Warp’ which we can link to our unused ‘Remote Mine’ support gem. ‘A Fixture of Fate’, in Cruel, rewards an all-important ‘Elemental Proliferation’, which allow our totems to proliferate their ‘Shock’ effects. Many quests of Merciless difficulty award Faster Casting and Increased Area of Effect which are both great gems to link with our ‘Lightning Warp Totems’ and ‘Lightning Warp Mines’. A ‘Fixture of Fate’, in Merciless, awards a Cast on Damage Taken, which, when kept on low level, can be used with our previously acquired Frost Wall to protect us from harm. Trading for an Enduring Cry can increase the power of this Combo furthermore.

As far as the Passive Skill Tree goes, you have many choices:
 Grabbing Lightning Damage, Casting Speed and Totem-related nodes to increase your damage substantially.
 You can grab Health and Elemental Resistance nodes from the Marauder, Templar or Scion starting areas to further increment your fortitude.
 Increased Area nodes from the Witch and Templar starting areas can greatly increase the effectiveness of your totems.

You can also gear up with uniques like Soul Mantle, which not only frees up one Socket used by Spell Totem, but also allows you to keep 3 Totems Active at any given time. (As well as increasing your overall Totem Health!)

Here’s one possible end-game Skill Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcEswVCEMwUTRZvGS4ZhRo4GmwfAiSqJa8n7SlPKhMrtiycLKctHzWSNsU26TwFPC09Xz8nQZZBqkbXSsRKyEyzUlNUSVXGWOVZ81orXAxdxl5dZ71uqnKpdhF7IH6vghCDOIjxi4yMRo0Zj0aQVZeVm6Gdrp_fogCj8qcIp4SnlKxZrKqus7UEtfK3PriTud3AGsG0wxPE9sauz2XQ0NH91BXUj9gk3YzfsN-_4BLhc-Nq5CLk7OdS52PsOO0g7m_vDu988B_yL_au9zL4k_jr_gr-hw==
Last edited by Laglace on Nov 2, 2013, 12:41:33 PM
I'd like to submit my Elemental Equilibrium trapper build. It uses Fire trap + multi traps and Cold snap trap with Elemental proliferation.Play style is placing two traps at once with fire trap first and then cold snap. This deals initial dmg with two traps, then cold snap freezes the whole pack of mobs to suffer insane burnig dmg due to Elemental Equilibrium.For single target, Bear Trap + Added fire dmg never fails to amaze you with the ridiculous dmg output. Curse will be Elemental Weakness and using Clarity and Vitality atm. I use life and evasion/dodge based for defense which is more than enough to complete merciless.

Recommended set-up:
Fire trap + Multiple Traps + Increased Burning damage + Fire penetration

Cold Snap + Trap + Multiple Traps + Elemental Proliferation. Cold Penetration is added if using Deerstalker boots.

Bear trap + Added Fire Damage

Reduced mana + Clarity + Vitality. May add Grace if mana pool allows it.

Pros
. Beginner friendly.
. Gems can all be acquired through quest.
. Very gear independent. Trap damage is mostly based on the level of the gem. Can easily boost elemental resists using shield.
. Big bursts of damage.
. Very fun and fulfilling.Uses curse, kiting skills and needs to predict where enemies move. And watch entire screen of frozen mobs on the burning ground.
. Ignores reflect mobs.

Cons
. Very mana intensive.
. Cannot leech life or mana.

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABbUIZw5IEZYYPBvgHNwelCQ8J6ko-i2oL28wcTB8MhgzeDZ7OkJFnUYrRnFHBkk7SVFLeE6bUUdTMVptW7tirG-eb7xwUXC7cNV313qqfrB_K3_GgseDCY19jb-P-pANkyeTOpitmuCdqqdcqn-quKw_sZCzA7QMtKO0xbd1t9a9J8BRwuzGospKzerUI9aK1p3YVNkT21nb59xX3ajjhOc66-7sGO4V8Xb56A==

Gear
Spoiler
"
ARKANOiiDe wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:
"
SPAMMA FLAMMA HAMMA

SKILL:

Also, linky with der:

Added Fire Damage
Life Gain on Hit
Knockback
Fire Penetration

BUILD:

LIKE DIS:

EQUIPMENT:

Hamma.
Sheeld.
Strong armors.

GAMEPLAY:

FINAL NOTE:

+1, vid pls :)

The last featured build was also a spectral throw build using hammers. Having two similar builds back to back isn't likely.
Last edited by RTiger on Nov 2, 2013, 11:54:55 PM
Character Name AOSVOA
Point blank
Iron grip
Resolute technique
with blackgleam unique quiver
uses ice shot with cold to fire as aoe spell. This works well because of the aoe slow from ice shot combined with the need to survie due to point blank.
intressting to play because one needs to aligne mobs for maximum efficiency
should be easy to level due to high life pool

Skill Tree
"
hilliholli wrote:

That playstyle is awesome, +1 from me
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info