Animate Guardian

The loss of equipment component of AG feels completely pointless. Builds that use the gem seem to boost the survivability such that it ?almost? never dies.

However, for SSF, it makes the ability somewhat unusable. And I suspect that for GGG it's something that causes unnecessary support problems (the game thinks my AG died, but it didn't!!!!).

IMHO, if the ability needs a downside, it should be something more logical (a large timeout or maybe it starts with 20% health when resummoned and slowly regains health or ?something?).

Longer-term, it feels like AG is a half-way house to a full hireling system. It feels like this would be a huge gain for melee players, but also (potentially) a huge income stream for GGG (selling hireling skins/voicesets etc).
Last edited by dumbo11 on Jan 30, 2020, 10:08:09 AM
Needs to be immune or way higher health as the micromanagement is very inconsistent with other gems. + the risk involved - it shouldn't be able to die easily or it just makes it a very unpleasant skill to use.
I'd like to be able to have multiple AG's on the one character.
Not active at the one time of course.

But if I want to test something else out, I can't change the AG gear without having to create a new character, progress through the acts or spend a ton of currency to re-gear it, and then replace the original...

Perhaps a way to feed the AG multiple items, and then pick what it uses. As it's bound to your character, you can't trade it, so what would the issue here be?
edit: Wrong skill. In the words of GGG: "Whoops"
Last edited by Scully on Mar 11, 2020, 12:48:42 AM
Making a build where my animated guardian kills all of the content, however faced with a wall that does not have many ladders. Called corrupting blood. Even with a health pool of 20k a pack of blue monsters in tier 5 map kill him almost instantly. There is some small ways of going around this like getting death's door boots or using umbilicus immortalis belt. But both awkward and very build restricting.

Normal bleed is not a issue due to the Indomitable army node. As this is really only a issue on a minion with "peerma death" it would be nice to see some solution to this. Immunity to corrupting blood on another piece then jewels perhaps? Helmet enchantment for AG? Make the of animation flask mod make all effects of the flask apply to minion so you can get staunching that way. Or change the indomitable army to make minions straight up immune/unaffected to/by bleeding.

---------------------------------

If interested the character is called "Sja_AGIL" On this account, should be public for import to pob <3
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
"
Sjatar wrote:
Making a build where my animated guardian kills all of the content, however faced with a wall that does not have many ladders. Called corrupting blood...

Hey dude, just so you know there's also another skill that makes all your minions semi-immune to all bleed effects - the Bone Armour skill for Necromancers. Makes you and minions immune to bleeding upon use. Unfortunately it won't do something for non-Necromancer builds but is something worth keeping in mind.
I quite liked the bug where AG didn't lose items when it died. I thought it was actually a feature as opposed to a bug... I think it should be reconsidered as a feature and here's my rationale:

i) There are lots of posts about AG being almost un-killable, but there are also an equal amount of posts about the AG being completely killable. An almost un-killable AG uses the best items (kingmaker, garb of the ephemeral, etc.), which the majority of the player base simply won't own. Under that assumption, the AG becomes completely killable to the majority of players.

ii) Given there can only be one summoned AG at a time, one can assume that this skill is in the game solely for supporting purposes rather than as a standalone build (aside from Chains of Command). With this in mind, the AG only becomes worthwhile to use whilst it can be of support to other players/minions (i.e. not dead).

iii) Having something so closely related to your character build in a non-hardcore league that can be lost permanently does not feel good. It also increases the risk of investing in the best items to make your AG stand a chance against the most difficult (and most rewarding) content. In a non-hardcore league, risk should be minimised - losing something permanently that so closely related to a character build should not be something needing consideration.

I'm not saying no minions should die to the hardest content; spectres and zombies die to the most difficult content fairly frequently - and those skills normally receive the most investment in terms of skillpoints, support, etc. But they can be re-summoned. AG is a fantastic skill with great interactions with various items - a lot of clever coding and a lot of thought will have gone into the skill. I think it would be a shame for the skill not to feature more prominently in more builds as a supporting skill and I believe the way to do that would be to remove the hardcore-esque feature of the skill that items are lost upon death.
"
Mivvi wrote:
I quite liked the bug where AG didn't lose items when it died. I thought it was actually a feature as opposed to a bug... I think it should be reconsidered as a feature and here's my rationale:

i) There are lots of posts about AG being almost un-killable, but there are also an equal amount of posts about the AG being completely killable. An almost un-killable AG uses the best items (kingmaker, garb of the ephemeral, etc.), which the majority of the player base simply won't own. Under that assumption, the AG becomes completely killable to the majority of players.

ii) Given there can only be one summoned AG at a time, one can assume that this skill is in the game solely for supporting purposes rather than as a standalone build (aside from Chains of Command). With this in mind, the AG only becomes worthwhile to use whilst it can be of support to other players/minions (i.e. not dead).

iii) Having something so closely related to your character build in a non-hardcore league that can be lost permanently does not feel good. It also increases the risk of investing in the best items to make your AG stand a chance against the most difficult (and most rewarding) content. In a non-hardcore league, risk should be minimised - losing something permanently that so closely related to a character build should not be something needing consideration.

I'm not saying no minions should die to the hardest content; spectres and zombies die to the most difficult content fairly frequently - and those skills normally receive the most investment in terms of skillpoints, support, etc. But they can be re-summoned. AG is a fantastic skill with great interactions with various items - a lot of clever coding and a lot of thought will have gone into the skill. I think it would be a shame for the skill not to feature more prominently in more builds as a supporting skill and I believe the way to do that would be to remove the hardcore-esque feature of the skill that items are lost upon death.

This! I had an "immortal" setup, done tons of hard content. He just died in a map and i have absolutely no clue why or what killed him. just lost about 25 ex and i am not happy. Only second time this has ever happened to me, and since i am very late starting this league it is almost crippling. Worse so with the terrible Chaos/Ex ratio right now. Unless they change this mechanic i will probably stop playing summoners henceforth after this league
"
Halagaz wrote:
Sorry if it was answered, but: if i put minion modifier items on my guardian, like a bone helmet that give minion damage or bloodbound that give % increase max life to minions, will all my minions also benefit from those mods? It should work but my highly evolved 6th sense tell me it won't...

I to would really like to know this answer :-)
Gear on the AG needs to be tied to the skill gem, with the items/stats viewable.
This way you can trade AGs to other players already geared, or try swap different gear or move your completed AG to a new character etc.

The only feasible AG setups cost dozens of exalts to make an AG that doesn't insta-rip and still provides some benefit while also eating 2-4 gem sockets.
Skill is in a bad place.

Also if you tied the gear to the gem and it was viewable, then you could make an AG MTX.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info