Path of Exile Currency Calculator

When I fist started playing this game I struggled to keep up with people familiar with the economy. It would take me a long time with a notepad to figure out if I had enough to purchase something. I thought it would be much easier if I had a calculator to do the work for me. So I made one.

Spoiler

It's not terribly complicated to use.
If you wanted to add 400 Chromatic Orbs to 200 Jeweler's to see what that's worth in Chaos:
You would press the "!" button and then "Chaos" to change the conversion to Chaos Orbs. Then press, in order, "400", "Chrome", "+", "200", "Jewelers", and "=". The history window displays your orbs you added and what they equal.
By default, the calculator initially starts assuming you're converting to Exalted Orbs.

I realize the market changes and also different people have different ideas as to the value of each individual Orb. So I made a chart you can edit similar to poeex.

Spoiler

On first load my calculator writes in the AppData folder default values of the Orbs (Which I pulled from poeex on 10/12/13). After which you may edit the values to your liking as the market changes. The column of Orb icons on the left side are the Orbs you are converting to. For example, to change how much a GCP is worth compared to an Exalt, find Exalt on that left column and go over to GCP to edit the value.

I am not a professional programmer; I just program at times for fun. That being said, this is likely to have some issues though I had some friends test as much they could. If there is enough feedback and interest I have some interesting ideas to add to the calculator and will keep it updated. I have also never done anything like this and shared so if there are any issues please let me know and I'll do what I can.

You can download the calculator here:
Last edited by EnDeViDUAL on Oct 16, 2013, 7:16:52 PM
Had to modify a few values to suit my needs but its small and works as intended. Have not encountered any bugs as of yet :) Nice Job!
These types of Utilities are of great benefit to many players whom need this type of easy calculations an resource knowledge.

Anyone else tested or using this an have any GGG Staff checked to see if it's Safe.
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 10, 2015, 7:00:06 AM
"
skinnay wrote:
hm, i like that this lets you make your own modifiable chart unlike the other sites/tools that claim to be able to keep up with the economy (but never can)

will download once someone verifies its safety :P

I'm also would like to use this but will not until someone from GGG checks to see if it's ok. Is this possible "Henry" please as many of these 'tools' are of benefit but could also be Malware keyloggers included.
Source?
IGN @Ostropalca
Aside from providing source code, how does one prove his app's legitimacy?

Here's this:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/24fe2d2520818a8d59b9f3eb8c3dc41ce029ba9f30d9c46cb926aa2e549080a2/analysis/
Last edited by EnDeViDUAL on Oct 16, 2013, 5:33:13 PM
"
EnDeViDUAL wrote:
Aside from providing source code, how does one prove his app's legitimacy?

Here's this:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/24fe2d2520818a8d59b9f3eb8c3dc41ce029ba9f30d9c46cb926aa2e549080a2/analysis/

Thank-you, Have just tried it after checking your post. Will you be maintaining the data file periodically, I know we can adjust ourselves but using a base value source from somewhere is easier.
Last edited by Groosum on Oct 17, 2013, 3:05:22 AM
"
Groosum wrote:
Thank-you, Have just tried it after checking your post. Will you be maintaining the data file periodically, I know we can adjust ourselves but using a base value source from somewhere is easier.

That depends on the community. If there is enough interest in this app then yes I will update, make changes, etc.
WORKS GREAT! I Love it when I need to pay someone an Exalt Equiv...Just Click the orbs I can trade and It figures out exactly the value.

GREAT DOWNLOAD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info