Cannot Download game

Doesnt work. Tried the solution in post below + shutting security off+ firewall security downen, still doesnt work.

Who knows?
"
jamiedean10 wrote:
Doesnt work. Tried the solution in post below + shutting security off+ firewall security downen, still doesnt work.

Who knows?

Do you have an alternate browser you could use to start the download?
Optionally, you can attempt to download this file, save it to wherever you want Path of Exile installed to, then run it as administrator by navigating to that folder, right-click the Client.exe file and click "Run as Administrator".
Nothing suggested worked for me. I opened the Download manager, right clicked and selected "run anyway"

Worked like a charm
Last edited by cronix90 on Sep 16, 2013, 10:31:50 PM
"
cronix90 wrote:
Nothing suggested worked for me. I opened the Download manager, right clicked and selected "run anyway"

Worked like a charm

You can also use something other than Internet Explorer. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera don't have those sorts of issues. This is strictly an Internet Explorer problem as it relates to a security setting only allowing "Signed" executable to be run by default. It's another Microsoft attempt at protecting users from themselves.
The issue may be the following:
http://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/800433/kb2870699-breaks-ie-msi-signature-validation

I have seen a few signed applications start failing after this update was applied. There are a couple of workarounds listed.
I did the signature check thing and it still does not work.
you can either open the download manager and "run anyway" or use a real browser like Chrome or Firefox. This is an IE problem.
I cannot download the game. I have a macbook pro OS X version 10.7.5. When i try to download now a message pops up that says "Safari can’t open the file “PathOfExileInstaller-2.msi” because no available application can open it."
there is no official Mac client for path of exile. you can't run it directly on a Mac. check the unofficial Mac port thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info