Patching Speeds, Patch 0.11.4b and Race Season 4

"
boof wrote:
A more last minute whipped up version of descent? -_-

Not brimming with enthusiasm and confidence here.

You'll see when it's announced. It's pretty different and designed to be easy to design, if you see what I mean. It's not the signature race for the season.

We are actually working on a proper sequel to Descent that we're expecting will occur in Season 5 (which coincides with the release of the game). It has a lot more time scheduled for polish and balancing because we're starting really far in advance.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Hopefully descent on a budget puts the rng on a budget too.

Having a giant diceroll as last seasons signature race was brutal.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 22, 2013, 1:24:17 AM
"
controlx wrote:
I was afraid to use Utorrent... I'm not used to having to "torrent" a patch for a game..

Kinda irrational fear, this technology is mature enough and many game developing companies are using torrents to deploy their patches.

Fox example World of Tanks. It's far more popular game with several millions of active players and non-bugfix patches are usually 500 MB. You need to be Google or Amazon to deploy such patches to that amount of players if you want to just use direct download method. They just integrated torrent client into their launcher, every one and his dog is downloading at maximum speed, problem solved.
IGN: Zarbis, ArcIsBad
"
Chris wrote:
Our content delivery (patching bandwidth) provider have assured us that they've fixed the problems that were affecting users yesterday and have added more capacity to our patching servers.

For a patch of this magnitude you should have notified them in advance what kind of traffic they would getting.

Maybe you did tell them and maybe they just didn't believe you. If that is the case hopefully now they will take you seriously.
"
"
Chris wrote:
Our content delivery (patching bandwidth) provider have assured us that they've fixed the problems that were affecting users yesterday and have added more capacity to our patching servers.

For a patch of this magnitude you should have notified them in advance what kind of traffic they would getting.

Maybe you did tell them and maybe they just didn't believe you. If that is the case hopefully now they will take you seriously.

I'll certainly hammer the point home harder in the future. We've deployed larger patches before without any hiccups, so part of it was blamed on an unexpected issue on their end that only manifested with the spike of load. Either way, it's an experience I do not plan to repeat!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Great job as usual beside the long download time on patch. Is the patch downloading speed much faster in the Europe? Tunneling through Europe seems to improve the downloading speed greatly.
A vote in for more races in Season 4 ... keep up the good work GGG
BLAMT!
Can't wait for the race season. I haven't ever really gotten into racing so this should be interesting!
Kuduku giveth and Kuduku taketh away.

IGN: QueenAtziri
hey im having issues downloading the 0.11.4b patch after downloading the bigger patch yesterday via uTorrent.

keep getting error message when it goes to Checking Resources and says "unable to get write access to file Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory".

I followed the torrent patch instructions (i downloaded the 3.77gb one advertised on the forums) and have had no issue until just now upon release of the new smaller patch...

Anyone else having this issue/know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance
"
Ramrod_69 wrote:
hey im having issues downloading the 0.11.4b patch after downloading the bigger patch yesterday via uTorrent.

keep getting error message when it goes to Checking Resources and says "unable to get write access to file Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running or the game may be in a read only directory".

I followed the torrent patch instructions (i downloaded the 3.77gb one advertised on the forums) and have had no issue until just now upon release of the new smaller patch...

Anyone else having this issue/know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried running the game/patcher as Administrator?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info