Patching Speeds, Patch 0.11.4b and Race Season 4

Race Season 4 is scheduled to start on August 31, NZ time (next weekend). We initially weren't intending to include anything large like Descent in this season, but at the last minute we decided to whip up a new race type that is described internally as "Descent on a budget". It's not overly flashy, but is pretty fun in testing so far. More details next week :)

Finally, if you're a Brazilian PoE fan, then you should check out www.poebrasil.com - it's an awesome fansite.

Edit: Please note that if you downloaded 0.11.4 from the torrent link above then you need to set the file to not be read-only any more. Instructions are here!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 22, 2013, 2:38:10 AM
First :D
Beta member since 0.9.8
Last edited by Dean_Guitarist on Aug 22, 2013, 1:10:05 AM
[removed]

Thanks Chris.
IGN: Constantly Changing
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Aug 22, 2013, 1:13:05 AM
Woo! Nice!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
It took me 29 hours to download the 0.11.4 patch. I trusted the GGG patching servers and I didnt want there to be any errors so I was afraid to use Utorrent... I'm not used to having to "torrent" a patch for a game.. but I guess I should go that rout next time for a large patch. I just cannot deal with another day long download time. I will always love ya'll and appreciate the hard work, and most of all... keep donating to the best game in the world!
"
controlx wrote:
It took me 29 hours to download the 0.11.4 patch. I trusted the GGG patching servers and I didnt want there to be any errors so I was afraid to use Utorrent... I'm not used to having to "torrent" a patch for a game.. but I guess I should go that rout next time for a large patch. I just cannot deal with another day long download time. I will always love ya'll and appreciate the hard work, and most of all... keep donating to the best game in the world!

The patching situation was unfortunate. The limit of our abilities was to kick up a big fuss and hope that more capacity was added as quickly as possible (which appears to have been done by now). Before any major patch the future I'll triple check that it has masses of capacity.

It's a good sign that a lot of people wanted to check out the patch, I guess!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Nice, can't wait!
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Wee!
Good work as always GGG :)

btw I am patching the new patch atm. Will it be interrupted by the server restart?
Last edited by Junattok on Aug 22, 2013, 1:20:16 AM
A more last minute whipped up version of descent? -_-

Not brimming with enthusiasm and confidence here.
Sadly I cannot participate season 4 races because uni start next week for me. Only got the first two race items in season 3, so that shows how much I did for racing. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 22, 2013, 1:20:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info